The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 May 2024, 03:01 AM   #31
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2d1986 View Post
lol at the bottom? Danggg surely there are people below me.
When you have to ask - you are at the very bottom. Sure there people beneath you.

BUT.. The spending you made on jewelry and Ladies watches is good to get forward on becoming someone they will think about when choosing for a “hot” model. The ones you already got and got offered is nothing special. Sorry.

Keep buying and you will get there - but you gotta ask, they can’t read your mind.
Divingdeep87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:03 AM   #32
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Just cannot understand why some think they got to spend many many thousands to buy a so called VIP watch.The Daytona is just a watch nothing more,and a far cheaper option is buying from the hundreds of Daytona for sale at the various grey market dealers and stop playing these so called AD games.
but he said he bought those pieces because he wanted to?
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:06 AM   #33
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello93 View Post
If you have to ask you know the answer

Truth
Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:06 AM   #34
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
but he said he bought those pieces because he wanted to?
Exactly. Love everything I own. I’ve read that guys comments before on here and he’s entitled just like sporty on Reddit.
jn2d1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:12 AM   #35
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello93 View Post
If you have to ask you know the answer
This is truth right here

It'll be made clear when it's your time, and is usually denoted by a phone call

Seriously, though, there's nothing wrong with asking where you stand. If you're happy to try and build that "all-important" relationship with your AD, and it sounds like you are, there's nothing wrong with asking the question about the status of your allocations. You should be popping in occasionally anyway so it can be done in conversation.
Neil McCauley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:32 AM   #36
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
If that’s not enough for you to get what you want, I’d find a new AD or go Grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L_S_SHOE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:46 AM   #37
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
lol at the bottom? Danggg surely there are people below me.
They don’t count.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 03:49 AM   #38
Law52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hmmmm
No one here really can answer your question with any certainty. Every AD is different to some point plus the SA they work with. Obviously you find other items to purchase, so continue on that track. Maybe you get the call in 6 months or 6 years. Also, branch out and buy some other brand pieces from them. It definitely couldn’t hurt.
Law52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 04:40 AM   #39
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_S_SHOE View Post
If that’s not enough for you to get what you want, I’d find a new AD or go Grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly with the jewellery and watches bought we are talking around $50k,if that's not enough to ask for any so called VIP watch then move on.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 04:51 AM   #40
HMHM
"TRF" Member

God-tier!
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:13 AM   #41
Actor07
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 126519
I agree with the consensus, you should have been VIP status already.
Actor07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:15 AM   #42
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I like to say I am a vip with a little v. I have purchased five high demand SS models from my AD since 2017 and nothing else. I have always received what I’ve asked for but there’s usually a wait involved.
Ditto here.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 05:48 AM   #43
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
All ADs are different. I have a very modest jewelry spend and have gotten a few watches within a year. I’m waiting on a third. It’s different for me, as I’m requesting 36 mm pieces, and not a Pepsi or a Daytona. However, some folks can’t get anything. So, I feel like my approach is working. I show up monthly, just to chat and check in. My SA sends occasional texts to let me know he hasn’t forgotten about my request. You need to be friendly and confident. Bottom line is this: If they like you, they will sell you a Rolex.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 06:02 AM   #44
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
All ADs are different. I have a very modest jewelry spend and have gotten a few watches within a year. I’m waiting on a third. It’s different for me, as I’m requesting 36 mm pieces, and not a Pepsi or a Daytona. However, some folks can’t get anything. So, I feel like my approach is working. I show up monthly, just to chat and check in. My SA sends occasional texts to let me know he hasn’t forgotten about my request. You need to be friendly and confident. Bottom line is this: If they like you, they will sell you a Rolex.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree and that’s where I’m at. I mean a steel sub and Rootbeer plus 41 fluted Wimbledon is a fun start. For my next piece I’m just ready for something that’s a step up in terms of rarity
Old 25 May 2024, 08:22 AM   #45
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I’ve been going to my AD for about a year and a half and have purchased about 25k in jewelry for the wife plus a 31 datejust for her. I have purchased a sub date and Rootbeer. This week I stopped by to say hi and he offered me a fluted 41 datejust Wimbledon dial which I purchased. Do you all think this is in the ballpark to start getting some more VIP treatment like a Daytona or skydweller mint green etc? Or am I still small potatoes? Market is southeast in a good size city
++++++++++++++++++++++

One factor that I’ve experienced, and that doesn’t usually get discussed, in being considered a top tier customer is the willingness and ability to make a purchase.

I’m not suggesting one should buy anything that is offered, but I’ve found that the ADs I work with where I’ve consistently made purchases on offered watches have called more often, and with better options.

One other factor I think you hit on the head is the willingness to sometimes buy a watch for your spouse. Honestly, the best watches in our house are the ones I bought for my wife and I think that has led me to get some great offers - Batman, Daytona, James Cameron SD…
Alexandria_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 09:37 AM   #46
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Agree and that’s where I’m at. I mean a steel sub and Rootbeer plus 41 fluted Wimbledon is a fun start. For my next piece I’m just ready for something that’s a step up in terms of rarity
You have demonstrated that if you are called you can make the purchase. That’s important.

Husband and I have a very good purchase history and we do get called and can get what we want at times. But I’ll give you some examples. One night when we were in picking up a watch for my husband a young man came in wearing a steel Daytona, he was there to pick up a watch for his mother. It was a jewel covered Rolex for $180,000. Another time a man came in that we know, he was there to pick up his $380,000 Jacob and Co watch. My husband was with a friend who posts here from time to time and bought his wife a $90,000 Rolex, on a whim. That’s what we are up against.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 10:03 AM   #47
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
You have demonstrated that if you are called you can make the purchase. That’s important.

Husband and I have a very good purchase history and we do get called and can get what we want at times. But I’ll give you some examples. One night when we were in picking up a watch for my husband a young man came in wearing a steel Daytona, he was there to pick up a watch for his mother. It was a jewel covered Rolex for $180,000. Another time a man came in that we know, he was there to pick up his $380,000 Jacob and Co watch. My husband was with a friend who posts here from time to time and bought his wife a $90,000 Rolex, on a whim. That’s what we are up against.
Haha true but thankfully my ad doesn’t sell any other watch brands that are considered luxury outside of grand seiko. So the high horology pieces is not something I’m going against.
Old 25 May 2024, 10:52 AM   #48
Lalo007
"TRF" Member

Most likely bottom feeder tier.
Lalo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:01 AM   #49
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo007 View Post
Most likely bottom feeder tier.
Haha what in my collection that I’ve bought from him makes you think bottom feeder?
Old 25 May 2024, 11:19 AM   #50
Robison347
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue dial sub
Jn2d1986, I am friends with the Rolex dealer in my small city. He’s getting more pressure to move the jeweled pieces these past couple years. I suspect your dealer is in the same spot. He might prefer to get 90% steel pieces and no heavy jewel watches, but Rolex won’t allow that, and every dealer has a Torneau looking over their shoulder in the nearest big market.

For that reason, I’d say it might mean more to a small AD if you are willing to take some heavier pieces from time to time.
Robison347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:21 AM   #51
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So I’ve been going to my AD for about a year and a half and have purchased about 25k in jewelry for the wife plus a 31 datejust for her. I have purchased a sub date and Rootbeer. This week I stopped by to say hi and he offered me a fluted 41 datejust Wimbledon dial which I purchased. Do you all think this is in the ballpark to start getting some more VIP treatment like a Daytona or skydweller mint green etc? Or am I still small potatoes? Market is southeast in a good size city
I am guessing still small potato.

Maybe 250k in non watches purchase could get you up the Daytona list. 7 figure in a real big city.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:24 AM   #52
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

Ever since I got my Daytona I feel like I have gone down the line…I’ve even bought much much jewelry for my wife (which we wanted).I’ve been very adamant on a SkyD and haven’t got the call.

I also don’t care and when I want something go grey.

So moral of the story is if you want it go grey…AD is just gravy.
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:29 AM   #53
Lalo007
"TRF" Member

Im wondering why you are asking the “tier” question. If you are asking because you want a white dial Daytona then you should know already since the watch has not been offered to you. It also depends on the city where you live, in a city where there are tons of big whales then you probably are a bottom feeder. I have owned all three of your watches they are cool pieces but I ended up selling them to buy other pieces I now enjoy. I am into two tone yellow gold watches for some strange reason.
Lalo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 11:57 AM   #54
GMTmatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
They don’t count.
This had me laughing
Old 25 May 2024, 12:20 PM   #55
dubins930
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

The whole premise of this conversation is insane…
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 01:19 PM   #56
jn2d1986
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo007 View Post
Im wondering why you are asking the “tier” question. If you are asking because you want a white dial Daytona then you should know already since the watch has not been offered to you. It also depends on the city where you live, in a city where there are tons of big whales then you probably are a bottom feeder. I have owned all three of your watches they are cool pieces but I ended up selling them to buy other pieces I now enjoy. I am into two tone yellow gold watches for some strange reason.
Nice man! I don’t mind two tone. What do you own now?
Old 25 May 2024, 02:37 PM   #57
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

$25k in 18 months? I’ve been married for almost two decades and don't think I’ve spent $25k on jewelry in all that time combined…
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 04:40 PM   #58
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
If you ask them what level you are then they know you’re playing their game and most likely say you are nowhere near VIP status just to make you buy more. ;) Go grey and enjoy the watch you want when you want.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2024, 08:24 PM   #59
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
How could anyone possibly answer this question, especially given that you haven’t shared the AD. Maybe ask them
Old 25 May 2024, 11:16 PM   #60
opaline460
"TRF" Member

small potatoe
opaline460 is offline   Reply With Quote