The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 23 January 2010, 06:27 AM   #1
chris6772
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Vintage Rolex I.D Help!!!!!!!!

Hi All!
I have no idea if I'm posting this in correct place as I'm new to this forum, in fact I'm new to any forum and have never 'posted a thread' in my life. Here goes- 19 years ago I inherited a Rolex from my Grandfather which was in fairly shoddy condition as he used it daily-he was given the watch upon his retirement sometime in the late 60's or early 70's I think. He was the type of bloke who didn't really give a stuff about what was on his wrist as long as it kept good time-which he always told me this watch did. I, like my grandfather continued in the same vein and wore the watch all day, every day. Unfortunately I was involved in a nasty accident a few years ago and the glass of the watch is cracked in several places and the strap has long since disappeared. Can anyone please recommend an outlet in the uk where I can have this watch restored and identified-I've seen hundreds of pictures of various rolex but never one like the one in my possession-value is irrevelent as I now have a son who is next in line to have the pleasure of this timepiece.
Regards
Chris in sunny(not) North Wales
chris6772 is offline   Reply With Quote