The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Gallery (Non-Rolex)

Old 28 January 2010, 12:40 PM   #31
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
That looks awesome!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2010, 12:13 AM   #32
everose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys12345 View Post
Thanks for the comments. I'm really glad i received this watch as a Christmas gift (i'm not the only one getting a watch, another member received a Ball NT from WTW Santa!!! ). Its still getting lots of wrist time and i had the watch regulated. The Orient movement, developed for hardy fuss free operation, is not as accurate as some other movements IMO. The watch was regulated to within COSC specs but it appears to have a wider variance than Swiss movements. In terms of usage, i believe it should be as tough as a Seiko Monster. There are only 2 issues with this watch:

1) Folded end links instead of solid end links. U'll get a bit of rattling but if that doesnt bother u, it should be fine.

2) The lume is weak despite of the relatively generous lume areas.

One really nice thing about the watch is the bezel. The rotation is smooth and positive. Its easy to grab and turn, yet it retains sufficient resistance to prevent the bezel from accidental turns. This is something that my 16710, costing many times the price of the Orient lacks.
Damn!!!!!!...if thats the only neg,then it looks like i will have to add it to my beater wanted list!!!!!
everose is offline   Reply With Quote