The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 March 2010, 01:33 AM   #31
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Wow. You hate OS X??

That's a new one, but I like the way you think.

FWIW, I prefer the Lenovo Thinkpad hardware (and support) to anything else out there.

Funny story. Years ago, when LCD monitors were first sold, my boss at the time got one from Apple.

From time to time, there would be lines through it, and the Apple online solution was to "gently strike" the side of the monitor with the palm of your hand. It was a riot.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 01:45 AM   #32
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Wow. You hate OS X??

FWIW, I prefer the Lenovo Thinkpad hardware (and support) to anything else out there.

Funny story. Years ago, when LCD monitors were first sold, my boss at the time got one from Apple.

From time to time, there would be lines through it, and the Apple online solution was to "gently strike" the side of the monitor with the palm of your hand. It was a riot.
That is a "riot" !

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2010, 03:18 AM   #33
explodingtaco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow. You hate OS X??

I have worked in IT for 10 years now and OS X is so limiting and OS X Server is the worst server platform I have ever seen. If you want to use OS X for basic stuff (e-mail, web-browsing, etc.) you'll probably be happy with it...But trying to do anything outside of Apple's little box they've drawn for you will be a total train wreck. For example my PC has 8 HDDs with 5 raid arrays. Possible but serious pain on a mac, IF you can fit that many drives in a Mac Pro in the first place (you cant). And lets not even start on 3rd party software support. Also macs are locked to apples hardware and that just doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong for what most people use their computers for OSX is fine, and I have used it extensively for web-browsing and email as I have had a couple of macs (before Intel processors and bootcamp). Also OSX protects itself from dumb users by not needing an anti-virus as noone waists their time writing viruses for it. But I haven't gotten a virus EVER and I need my main computer to do more.

Quote:

That's good to know as Lenovo is my other choice. I love their X301. I have used many a thinkpad and have never had a complaint.
explodingtaco is offline   Reply With Quote