The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 15 March 2010, 04:32 AM   #1
Atlas750
"TRF" Member

Submariner minute hand "springs back"?

I have a new V series Submariner, and when I set the time I go a ways past the minute I want and slowly go back to the exact minute. Problem is, sometimes when I release the crown the minute hand jumps forward up to three minutes all on it's own. The watch is less than six months old and came from an AD, and has had no drops or other abuse of any kind. It's also good to about two seconds a day average. One thing I have noticed is that the stem is more stiff and difficult to deal with than my other Rolex watches. I have tried to convince myself I'm just not pulling it out hard enough as it does not happen every time. Maybe I just need to be a bit more firm with it? I am sure my AD would take care of it but hate to send it back if it's not really needed. Any one else have this happen or any advice?
Atlas750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2010, 04:53 AM   #2
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas750 View Post
I have a new V series Submariner, and when I set the time I go a ways past the minute I want and slowly go back to the exact minute. Problem is, sometimes when I release the crown the minute hand jumps forward up to three minutes all on it's own. The watch is less than six months old and came from an AD, and has had no drops or other abuse of any kind. It's also good to about two seconds a day average. One thing I have noticed is that the stem is more stiff and difficult to deal with than my other Rolex watches. I have tried to convince myself I'm just not pulling it out hard enough as it does not happen every time. Maybe I just need to be a bit more firm with it? I am sure my AD would take care of it but hate to send it back if it's not really needed. Any one else have this happen or any advice?
I havent experienced this with any, I would view it as abnormal and send it to ROLEX...

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I think that it's in direct relation to the number of cups of coffee consumed.....

It shouldn't spring about...but sometimes they are tricky to get right on the mark without a bit of fiddling...........thinking:

Last edited by Tools; 15 March 2010 at 01:15 PM..
Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Rikki
TechXpert

Watch: 5512 s/s Sub
Set the time forward hack the seconds bit at 12 set the minute ahead of the actually time then push the crown it should not jump. Rik
Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2010, 11:59 AM   #5
1000ftSub
"TRF" Member

mmm, sounds like someone messed with the insides. Maybe something was wrong with the watch and someone at the ad you got it from tried to fix it? Just a guess, i would take it to a jewelry store that sells high-end watches and have them look at it, and if they can't repair it maybe it should go to RSC. Sorry this happened.
1000ftSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2010, 06:03 PM   #6
cody p
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 114200
mmmm... i have noticed the same with my cal. 3130. certain areas on the dial it's fine, other areas it springs like you say - exactly as you describe. interesting. i've had mine for 2 years and keeps good time.
cody p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Atlas750
"TRF" Member

Thanks to all. I think I'll let well enough alone for now. Just wanted to see if anyone else ever experienced this. I have many years of experience with this AD, and besides my trust in him, this one was fresh from the factory and not even put on display. So, no chance of any "funny business" before I got it.
Atlas750 is offline   Reply With Quote