The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 22 June 2010, 12:05 PM   #31
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
My most humble apologies.......JCGS please fogive me....
Old 22 June 2010, 01:38 PM   #32
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
I wasn't active when the original post war happened, but I have to say that I think it's pretty damn awesome that the OP posted a list of the snipers he seems to have proven wrong.......

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
Old 22 June 2010, 03:58 PM   #33
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
No excuses, just grow a pair and apologize, that can't be as hard as believing a dealer received a special edition of 40 SS Daytonas engraved!
Sure JCGS, what would you like me to apologize for? That I doubted the story was true? OK, I'll apologize for that. Want me to apologize for doubting that you saw (as you claimed) 40 SS Daytonas in one spot at one time in the AD? That ain't going to happen.

Great work on the follow up Gerardo! I DID doubt that the dealer would get 40 inscribed SS Daytonas from Rolex, but, it is true and I was wrong. From what I understand, they were delivered over a time... Still say you saw all 40 in the case at once there JCG? THAT'S the part I never (and still don't) believe.
Old 22 June 2010, 04:01 PM   #34
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Paul, you are a true gentleman
Old 22 June 2010, 04:05 PM   #35
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Thanks Bill, BTW, I'll be in NY in a couple weeks, how about a mini GTG? I'm buying.
Old 22 June 2010, 04:06 PM   #36
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Thanks Bill, BTW, I'll be in NY in a couple weeks, how about a mini GTG? I'm buying.
Paul...I would love to meet up....but NY in this case is North Yorkshire.....UK....if you're going to be there you can stay with us no problem....but I somehow think you mean New York.....
Old 22 June 2010, 04:07 PM   #37
TheVTCGuy
Banned

.... I did mean New York.... I am such a Dorkel Head...

Well, when I'm in the UK THEN I'm buying....
Old 22 June 2010, 04:11 PM   #38
Colnago
"TRF" Member

You just give me the nod Paul, you'll be made more than welcome at our place
Old 22 June 2010, 04:39 PM   #39
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Sure JCGS, what would you like me to apologize for? That I doubted the story was true? OK, I'll apologize for that. Want me to apologize for doubting that you saw (as you claimed) 40 SS Daytonas in one spot at one time in the AD? That ain't going to happen.

Great work on the follow up Gerardo! I DID doubt that the dealer would get 40 inscribed SS Daytonas from Rolex, but, it is true and I was wrong. From what I understand, they were delivered over a time... Still say you saw all 40 in the case at once there JCG? THAT'S the part I never (and still don't) believe.
Paul,

I followed the original thread and didn't get involved 'cos I could see where it was going.

The OP's original thread started with:

My AD received 40 SS Daytona's

This was incorrect information and he was called out. The AD may have been promised 40 SS Daytonas and probably did receive them over a period of time but he was never ever going to receive them in one shipment and certainly did not have Daytona numbers in the shop at any one time.
IMO after that original first statement by the OP he had little credibility.
His excuse regarding English not being his first language also seems strange based on his structured posts.

Are we now all giving him credibility by even considering that he might have been correct in his first post.

Old 22 June 2010, 06:51 PM   #40
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
thats okay JCGS, you are forgiven for trying to make us to believe there WERE 40 SS Daytonas in that AD at the same time...

many TRF members were questioning that "group shot", not if there will be 40 SS Daytonas eventually.

still remembered Tristan called and one of the senior people from that AD confirmed that there were NO 40 SS Daytonas there at the same time.

40 SS daytonas delivered over a period of time didnt count......
Old 22 June 2010, 08:56 PM   #41
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Mike you really need to reduce your images...

Your posts / what are you wearing entries etc. really bog down TRF pages.

Say what ?
Old 22 June 2010, 09:00 PM   #42
InVision
Banned

Watch: Outerspace DayDate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgs View Post
Well, well, well, what do you know??

My brother still is an active user in the forum and he just told me about this thread, I couldn't resist to jump back in.

Seems like my man GerardoG is a man of integrity and has vindicated my story after all.

I think a public apology is on order here from the infidels (as I called them before):

WatchnRoll
HACKNSACK44
mpkRolex
tkc324
TurboWatch
Puffy
fleabag
InVision
BASSETHOUNDS
teo
OYSTERMANN
QueueCumber
PeteNYC13
gregmoeck
CoopJr
underwater
Nairn1980
Gerardus
Cru Jones
zillap
OceanView
PeteNYC13
t e x
Gaijin
kingel
PeteNYC13
InVision
JohnEaton
gregmoeck
hhh007
kingkongkelley
Colnago
JohnEaton
ayecarumba
PeteNYC13
Nairn1980
thoang

Would be especially be interested to hear what my good friend TheVTCGuy has to say.

No excuses, just grow a pair and apologize, that can't be as hard as believing a dealer received a special edition of 40 SS Daytonas engraved!
This "infidel" does not apologize for doubting 40 Daytonas in one spot, but I do apologize for the pictorial representation of 40 Daytonas, I guess...

Mike
Old 22 June 2010, 10:47 PM   #43
HACKNSACK44
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I couldn't remember if I replied to the original thread.. Checked my past posts and nothing.. So jcgs you won't be getting any apology from me..
Old 23 June 2010, 04:05 AM   #44
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Paul,

I followed the original thread and didn't get involved 'cos I could see where it was going.

The OP's original thread started with:

My AD received 40 SS Daytona's

This was incorrect information and he was called out. The AD may have been promised 40 SS Daytonas and probably did receive them over a period of time but he was never ever going to receive them in one shipment and certainly did not have Daytona numbers in the shop at any one time.
IMO after that original first statement by the OP he had little credibility.
His excuse regarding English not being his first language also seems strange based on his structured posts.

Are we now all giving him credibility by even considering that he might have been correct in his first post.
Thanks Eddie, JCG says a lot, but all I hear is:

Old 23 June 2010, 06:03 AM   #45
George Ab
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Them
Glad I kept my mouth shut when the thread came out.

Old 23 June 2010, 10:59 AM   #46
PeteNYC13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Before you go calling anyone out, and calling me an "infidel" - want me to start calling you names? Or do you want to go read the thread and talk about my posts.

All of my posts were regarding the availability of SS Daytona's here in the USA, from my own experience, and the general safety of travel to Mexico - My point being that if the US State Department issues travel warnings, it's not "made up, TV stuff" that keeps people concerned.

The only response to the OP being a liar was answering his question, see below

(My response in April)
[[I]B]where did you lie?

"I was surprised to see they received 40 (yes forty) SS Daytonas"

no they didn't.

-Pete

I will now take an apology from you (insert rude name here)! I am still correct, your cousin, the OP...whatever, never saw 40 SS Daytonas at the the AD, it NEVER happened. Does the article confirm that up to 40 will be issued for the occasion? sure... did your cousin see them NO! So, I am not issuing an apology and stand by my original comments.

-Pete
SS Black Dial Daytona M116520
SS Explorer II D16570
Old 23 June 2010, 07:40 PM   #47
33JS
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 50th Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Maybe these will be worth a ton of cash like the Italian State Police Sea-Dwellers with the Octopus logo...
Those were not Rolex issued watches. They were bought and altered by someone else, so I don't think they'll have any great enduring value - you could have yours altered too.....

Which brings me to: Were those 40 Daytonas engraved by Rolex, or bought and engraved by someone outside Rolex?
Old 24 June 2010, 03:03 AM   #48
Roxas
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Hi Paul,
Hi did NOT say that he saw 40 SS Daytonas in one sport at one time in the AD.
This is what he said:
"I saw the watches, not all 40, but at least 18 in the same display case, I tried one on taken from that very display case."

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=126260

Do you want to say something?
Old 24 June 2010, 03:05 AM   #49
Roxas
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Paul, you are a true gentleman
Are you sure? You can read my post above.

This thread shows integrity of many members.
Old 24 June 2010, 04:18 AM   #50
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
You must be joking ! I called Peyrelongue myself at that time . A sales lady did confirm that they were issuing 40 daytona's . The whole thread was about having the 40 Daytona's in the shop at one time . I remember the OP saying that he had seen 17 on display . The lady told me that they come in drips and draps and leave as the arrived as most are pre-sold .
Please do not turn this issue around . I never said that they did not have 40 Daytona's for the anniversary but I said that they never had the 40 , nor 17 at once in the shop . That is all . The sales lady did confirm this
Chow Tai Fook in HK have about 80 SS Daytona's a year but never at once .
Old 24 June 2010, 04:47 AM   #51
Davvan
"TRF" Member

Watch: out..make way!!
This thread starts to get really lame... .....name calling and other unimportant stuff......snap out of it guys...as someone has put it before me "Chill it´s just a watch forum"......I´m outta here....vintage section here come...make way
Old 24 June 2010, 05:40 AM   #52
omg

Where is the love?
Peace out!
Old 24 June 2010, 05:46 AM   #53
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
Hi Paul,
Hi did NOT say that he saw 40 SS Daytonas in one sport at one time in the AD.
This is what he said:
"I saw the watches, not all 40, but at least 18 in the same display case, I tried one on taken from that very display case."

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=126260

Do you want to say something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas View Post
Are you sure? You can read my post above.

This thread shows integrity of many members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSETHOUNDS View Post
You must be joking ! I called Peyrelongue myself at that time . A sales lady did confirm that they were issuing 40 daytona's . The whole thread was about having the 40 Daytona's in the shop at one time . I remember the OP saying that he had seen 17 on display . The lady told me that they come in drips and draps and leave as the arrived as most are pre-sold .
Please do not turn this issue around . I never said that they did not have 40 Daytona's for the anniversary but I said that they never had the 40 , nor 17 at once in the shop . That is all . The sales lady did confirm this
Chow Tai Fook in HK have about 80 SS Daytona's a year but never at once .

Thank you Tristan, YOU, are one of the best here on TRF.

Yeah, Roxas, I do want to say something, not about your doubting the issue of the original thread, but about questioning someone calling me a gentleman..

....And you are?????

Here's an idea, why not hang around and become a GOOD member of TRF before you go insulting any of it's established members. Better yet, don't insult anyone or leave.
Old 24 June 2010, 05:58 AM   #54
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

.... and we're DONE.