The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 March 2007, 04:28 AM   #31
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Speaking of diving, I wonder if a gold Sea Dweller is possible, or would the soft 18k gold get crushed at depth? Hmmm what is the limit of the band I wonder.
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 05:07 AM   #32
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

I think your correct
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 05:11 AM   #33
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
Speaking of diving, I wonder if a gold Sea Dweller is possible, or would the soft 18k gold get crushed at depth? Hmmm what is the limit of the band I wonder.
A full gold SD or even a TT SD for that matter, would look terrible!!

Photoshop anyone?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 05:16 AM   #34
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astcell View Post
Oh,. I thought M was for men and F was for women.
No,M would be for men and F would be for female.Or does women start with a F,hmmmmm ... ??

Maybe M is for men and F is for fruitcakes.... 1220 men and 4000 fruitcakes .... What is the world comming too ???
Blue Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 05:48 AM   #35
Tommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarson View Post
I've just bought my first Rolex, and I chose a Sub because I dive
am a vivid diver also but somehow i find my dive computer is a lot more useful than my sub, or is it just me.
Tommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:19 AM   #36
ofelas
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dinged & Gouged
Heck yeah, dive computers are more useful...don't remember when the last time I walked into a restaurant wearing one was though
ofelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:20 AM   #37
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Sucks to have to change batteries at depth.
astcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:33 AM   #38
Blue Bull
Banned

F ... In,NZ, it would be a Flock of 4000.
Old 14 March 2007, 06:44 AM   #39
pcarson

Watch: 16610 Sub Date
First, I'll ignore the comments about Australia's borderline civilisation; it's a given and no dispute from me. Since we started allowing South African immigration, it's been very hard to maintain standards.

Second, I'd hate to be seriously judged as competent on the basis of the things that surround me. I have a shed-full of tools, but am a disastrous carpenter. I have books about aircraft and don't fly. I own a nice bike but I ride it like I need rehab. I have a fabulous music studio in my house but I have the talent of a gnat. So what if I, and many like me, have a Sub and dive modestly if at all. We can all dream...
pcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 06:48 AM   #40
pcarson

Watch: 16610 Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommer View Post
am a vivid diver also but somehow i find my dive computer is a lot more useful than my sub, or is it just me.
No, I think you're right. Good point. The time of day just reminds you to eat, now that I think about it. If your computer is with your dials, there's still wrist-room for a nice watch! Maybe it is all just habit and aesthetics.
pcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 07:22 AM   #41
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
First, I'll ignore the comments about Australia's borderline civilisation; it's a given and no dispute from me. Since we started allowing South African immigration, it's been very hard to maintain standards.

Second, I'd hate to be seriously judged as competent on the basis of the things that surround me. I have a shed-full of tools, but am a disastrous carpenter. I have books about aircraft and don't fly. I own a nice bike but I ride it like I need rehab. I have a fabulous music studio in my house but I have the talent of a gnat. So what if I, and many like me, have a Sub and dive modestly if at all. We can all dream...

Don't worry Peter, they're getting us confused with New Zealand, you know, that little .... bit... that likes to pretend it's part of us?

Now, in terms of watches, I think the more 'extras' the better. It's almost like the tourbillions and minute repeaters - they make them because they can, but the difference is that extreme depth rating is actually useful. I think that made sense...
Old 14 March 2007, 07:38 AM   #42
haakon59
"TRF" Member

I like the sub (and Sea Dweller) because you can swim with them and not worry about flooding your watch. But at 100m wr, the GMT Master II is workable for me and increasingly I find myself desiring the GMT function (for calling abroad from the US and short wave radio programs, etc.) and the GMT II design is one that's high on my list right now.

Am I correct that at this time they are not making this model in ss, just two tone? Have to admit, the two tone with black face model is very nice, but I might want to look for the ss if it's being made at this point. Haven't seen it--am I just missing it? Thanks.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2007, 01:09 PM   #43
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:

Well,if I visit Townsville,at least you wont have to wave your arms around,for someone to recognize your Sub... Not only that, but you will be able to have some intelligent conversation regarding Rolex ... Try me

..... and I own a Sea-Dweller and dont dive,at all ..

.. I guess I HAVE to end this with ... "Mate"

Old 14 March 2007, 01:12 PM   #44
Blue Bull
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Don't worry Peter, they're getting us confused with New Zealand, you know, that little .... bit... that likes to pretend it's part of us?

Now, in terms of watches, I think the more 'extras' the better. It's almost like the tourbillions and minute repeaters - they make them because they can, but the difference is that extreme depth rating is actually useful. I think that made sense...
Hey,Peter and Otis,its not like QLD is the cradle of Aus civilization .. ...and ,off course we know the difference between Aus and NZ.NZ is the big one and Aus the small one
Old 14 March 2007, 02:12 PM   #45
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bull View Post
Hey,Peter and Otis,its not like QLD is the cradle of Aus civilization .. ...and ,off course we know the difference between Aus and NZ.NZ is the big one and Aus the small one
You're right there... we're more like the, umm.. bit between the arms & breast?

Heck, whenever a New Zealander gets successful we claim them as an Aussie, but as soon as they stuff up, back to being a kiwi. Makes me laugh everytime