The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 October 2010, 12:20 PM   #1
wsaraceni
Banned

ladies watches, need something like this gucci

but not from gucci. my wife likes the watch, but due to recent customer service issues, she wont give gucci any of her money. so im looking for something similar to this

http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerc...1_web_full.jpg

but not gucci.

the closest ive found is the patek 7119 but at $20k+ its not an option.

also, what other nice, ladies, sub $2k watches are there? preferably closer to the $1k mark
wsaraceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
What happened at Gucci? I like their shoes, but I never got attached to any of their watches.
Thurnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Also look into Louis Vuitton's watches. I don't own one yet, but they look so nice compared to Gucci. The Woman's watch Tambour Hologram Monogram looks much prettier but still similar to that Gucci, but 3,300 is a little more than your requirements. It is a flash based website so I could not send you a direct link. I once had an LV belt and the chrome plated brass buckle had some chipping, I took it in and they honored the repair. A brand new buckle at no cost. Ever since I respect the brand that much more for taking care of me.
Old 18 October 2010, 02:37 AM   #4
Mockingbird
"TRF" Member

Chanel makes some I believe. They have an agreement with AP, and they use their movements in some Chanel watches.
Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2010, 12:29 PM   #5
wsaraceni
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau View Post
What happened at Gucci? I like their shoes, but I never got attached to any of their watches.
long story.
she bought a bag with leather handles ($800+) and when she took it home she left it on the table. our cat decided to chew up the handles. She took it back asking if they could fix it. they told her it was $25 for them to look at it and estimated that it would be about $80 total if they fixed it or $300 if they had to replace the handles. i talked her into sending it in. after about 3 weeks and no phone calls she calls them. the person answering the phones said that they can fix it pretty good and send it back without replacing the handles for $60 more. so thats $85 total. she said ok, paid with a credit card, and hung up.

2 days later the box shows up and they sent the bag back without doing anything at all. she immediately went to the local gucci store and explained the situation. the store manager was very nice and said all he could do was send it in. she sent it in. 2 days later she called and asked for an update. they said they'd have to replace the handles and order them from italy. total time should be 2 weeks.

3 weeks go by and my wife calls for an update, the person said that the handles are stuck in customs and that it should be one more week

2 more weeks go by and my wife calls again. same answer, should be one more week as the handles are stuck in customs. my wife asks what is the holdup and was told "it's not our fault your cat chewed the handles"

my wife waits 2 weeks again and calls. they couldnt give her an answer as to when it should be so my wife asks for a manager. none available so my wife leaves a voicemail. 3 days later, my wife calls again and leaves a second voicemail. finally one day later my wife leaves a third voicemail and the lady calls her back. says the handles were never ordered. but now its the middle of august and the whole country is on holiday. they ship the bag back to my wife, unfixed, and tell her when the handles come in they will call her back to reschedule the fix. i think they called 3 weeks later. it took about one week round trip to get it back fixed. they didnt charge her for the handles and acted like they were doing her a favor

my wife isnt materialistic, and NEVER buys things for herself. once every 2 years or so she gets herself a nice bag. the last 3 were from gucci. and she was almost in tears after getting off the phone with these people. not because of the bag, just because of the horrible way she was treated. Gucci wont see another cent from us.
Old 21 October 2010, 12:32 PM   #6
wsaraceni
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau View Post
Also look into Louis Vuitton's watches. I don't own one yet, but they look so nice compared to Gucci. The Woman's watch Tambour Hologram Monogram looks much prettier but still similar to that Gucci, but 3,300 is a little more than your requirements. It is a flash based website so I could not send you a direct link. I once had an LV belt and the chrome plated brass buckle had some chipping, I took it in and they honored the repair. A brand new buckle at no cost. Ever since I respect the brand that much more for taking care of me.
not a bad looking watch. $3300 for a quartz watch though. is that normal? for that price i'd force her into a rolex :D
Old 24 October 2010, 08:11 AM   #7
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

That is a terrible story about Gucci. I have had some stuff from Gucci not up to my standards and even gently used for a day or two the sales associates would still take it back providing it was a factory defect. I never had to send anything in. Even though they were horrible to your wife and don't deserve your business, it is re-assuring that they were able to finally make a repair. Things could have ended a little worse. I have bought some nice shoes and getting a replacement shoelace that looked like the original one is impossible!
Old 24 October 2010, 08:15 AM   #8
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

LV doesn't make anything cheap. Usually it is high attention to detail and beautiful. Chanel J12 is also pretty with a ceramic bracelet in white or black that never seems to scratch, but look nothing like that Gucci watch you posted. Chanel J12 might be closer to 5K-10K.
There are some up sides to a watch with a battery......
Your wife won't bug you to set her watch all the time when she forgets to wear it! And they tend to be slightly more accurate if your wife doesn't like re-setting it monthly.