The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 November 2011, 09:39 AM   #31
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Congrats on the pick up
Old 18 November 2011, 09:43 AM   #32
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiya Buddy View Post
For anyone saying that they have never seen the dial is because its an absolutely brand new watch, well thats what Larry told me. He said it was one of the first released in the US seeing as he didn't even have the warranty card on hand but no worries I've got it in hand now As I type I'm wearing the newer DJ II and my Bulgari ring
Really... The warranty card does not have the dial reference number... (that's why Rolex doesn't have any issues with people changing dials on their DJ/DJII/DD/DDII...)

As far as I understood it, the warranty card and booklet are always shipped with the watch... So his comment was abit worrying for my liking

At least you have a "full set" now
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2011, 01:00 AM   #33
Griffi
"TRF" Member

Enjoy :)
Griffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 04:26 AM   #34
Hiya Buddy
Banned

Thanks for all the positive comments guys I'll post a new topic deciding between two other Rolexes that I'm really considering. One is sure to break the bank while the other can be paid off within 4-6 months. Unfortunately, I've heard from the sales person at one of my ADs, Long's Jewelers in Boston, that Rolex may have a price increase at the end of this year or next year. I'm not too inclined to believe her though, I wanted to verify with any of you aficionados if a price increase is imminent for Rolex. I understand that costs go up seeing as my parents own a retail business and prices have fluctuated throughout the year, but after 7 months is a price increase for Rolex likely?
Hiya Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 05:53 AM   #35
Rollie2011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C + Exp 42
Nice pick up
Rollie2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 05:56 AM   #36
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4hand View Post
That is the longest paragraph ever.

Let's see some pictures of the new one!
I couldn't read it...stopped about 1/5 the way through.
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 06:29 AM   #37
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the positive comments guys I'll post a new topic deciding between two other Rolexes that I'm really considering. One is sure to break the bank while the other can be paid off within 4-6 months. Unfortunately, I've heard from the sales person at one of my ADs, Long's Jewelers in Boston, that Rolex may have a price increase at the end of this year or next year. I'm not too inclined to believe her though, I wanted to verify with any of you aficionados if a price increase is imminent for Rolex. I understand that costs go up seeing as my parents own a retail business and prices have fluctuated throughout the year, but after 7 months is a price increase for Rolex likely?
Awesome. Another itch to scratch hey

Can we have the cliff notes version this time?

(j/k)
Old 23 November 2011, 07:13 AM   #38
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Congratulations!!

Love the DJII's......

....... & seriously Buddy does your keyboard not have onea these????

Attached Images
File Type: jpg enter button.jpg (8.5 KB, 167 views)

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2011, 10:06 AM   #39
BeekerMuppet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14000M, 16570
Great jewelry, but I like the watches the most

(Wearing)
First Luxury Watch: Seiko Kinetic Arctura 5M42-0E39 & First Rolex: Air King 14000M Black dial (K) & Second Rolex: Explorer II 16570 White dial (V)
(Saving for) Grand Seiko SBGH015J1
BeekerMuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 06:53 AM   #40
Hiya Buddy
Banned

@esm Lol I'm used to writing a crap load of either good writing or BS from University. I took classes at Harvard Extension and those TA's for History wanted us to write entire testaments and the same goes for the university I'm currently attending.

@BeekerMuppet I'll accept your comment ha ha. I do love my watches very much, but I also wouldn't mind a ring or bracelet to complement my wrist wear.

@Spuds LMAOOOO I know, its just that I'm used to writing incredibly long paragraphs for my university as all my TA's have yelled at me for not writing at least a one page long paragraph. Besides, my enter key ain't that big seeing as I'm using a MacBook Pro (actually looked at the logo under the screen to type that correctly XD)

@Mickey I gave esm the abridged (lol) version of my adventure story but I guess the pics speak for themselves. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words (no pun intended)
Old 24 November 2011, 10:50 AM   #41
Stonedcl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200, 116610
What's Billionaire Boys ?
Stonedcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 10:54 AM   #42
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Congrats and Larry K is a great guy!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 11:01 AM   #43
Timber Loftis
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,DJII,P244,A1-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
Congratulations!!

Love the DJII's......

....... & seriously Buddy does your keyboard not have onea these????

x2 Wall of text crit me for omgwtf damage. So, I didn't read it. Nice pics, though.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 11:11 AM   #44
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4hand View Post
That is the longest paragraph ever.
You have no idea how this comment made me laugh!

Congratulations on that second DJII, both of them look wonderful!
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 12:57 PM   #45
Hiya Buddy
Banned

@Stonedcl Billionaire Boys Club is a clothing line started by the rapper Pharrell Williams. They are a high end clothing line and most of their products are made in Japan. The slogan for Billionaire Boys Club is "Wealth is of the heart and mind, not the pocket." That's the jist of it.
Old 24 November 2011, 12:58 PM   #46
general
"TRF" Member

One of the longer posts I've seen in a while. Congrats on your new purchase.
general is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 01:06 PM   #47
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
What's Billionaire Boys ?
Billionaire Boys Club is a clothing line created by musician Pharell and Japanese fashion icon Nigo... Here are a few pics of the line for your reference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110204_152900.jpg (141.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110222_182701.jpg (70.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110314_193501.jpg (183.1 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110320_141414.jpg (169.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110407_150115.jpg (198.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20110412_150148.jpg (145.8 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG1504.jpg (79.1 KB, 102 views)
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2011, 01:07 PM   #48
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
@Stonedcl Billionaire Boys Club is a clothing line started by the rapper Pharrell Williams. They are a high end clothing line and most of their products are made in Japan. The slogan for Billionaire Boys Club is "Wealth is of the heart and mind, not the pocket." That's the jist of it.
You beat me to the punch! Apologies for the mini hi-jack!
Old 24 November 2011, 07:38 PM   #49
krava

Haven't had the problem you had about the person wanting collateral, maybe it was your age. I have went into several rolex shops in the past week. My attire is a Fruit of the loom white T-shirt (5 pack for $10), a $5 pair of gym shorts, white socks and some beat up shoes. 2 week long beard hair unkept etc. and offered to wear what I wanted to. Back iin 2000 went to John eagle acura highway 6. I was dressed in my Whoop Ass T-shirt with a picture of like Yo simmity sam character opening a can of chili that says whoop ass on it the shirt had a 2-3" tear on the side, gym shorts white socks on and shoes, beard thing going again hair all over the place. long story short they had a $136,000 1998 acura NSX supercharged wide body. Treated me like a person no different from someone dressed up etc. Back home in LA went to the dealership and asked about a regular NSX and got treated like trash. Can't ever judge someone about the way they dress.
krava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2011, 04:43 PM   #50
Hiya Buddy
Banned

@FremStar looks like I did! ha ha Those are some sweet clothes from BBC however this is a Rolex forum I don't think you should be posting such info on here Anyways that's cool I haven't really seen too many people with BBC around where I live. I think only my brother and I are the only ones in the whole neighborhood who own BBC, I don't think anyone owns a Rolex in my neighborhood. It's not poor by any means, just more working class.

@krava awesome way to live it up man! Compliments on the Yosemite Sam T-shirt. I think it was just his first impression of me at the store because everyone else in there was dressed to impressed (clientele I mean...) however they were only looking even an attorney who's suit probably cost half the price of my watch. Seems like I was the only guy buying anything within the hour I spent there. Honestly though, Larry was quite the awesome guy. He was rocking a vintage TT Steel and Yellow watch, don't remember what model could have been a SUB or DJ (II), although the watch he had on had a blue dial and bezel if I'm not mistaken so it probably was a sub lol.

Funny thing about attire is in NYC (same trip I bought the watch on) I went to buy me a pair of black leather high tops from Gucci, the sales rep was really helpful and even offered to relace the kicks I was buying the to the american style (they come laced Euro style and I dislike the lacing). He even gave me his card (his name was Semir or Samir..gotta find the card in the pile of receipts...) and told me to call him if I ever wanted to order anything. I might just take him up on that offer especially after visiting the Boston Gucci store in the Prudential Mall on Boylston Street.

The guy who helped me look at the scarves seemed to to have a 'tude problem while helping me out. The store had one or two other customers but all the reps were available to help them so its not like he was in a rush. Long story short he probably either thought I was some kid from the ghetto rocking fake bling or some conceited rich kid dressing all urban. I was wearing my Burberry Scarf, BBC hoodie(@FremStar I think its from season 1 or an earlier season, its black with red zippers and dollars and diamond symbols in red and has the little astronaut logo on the left sleeve) ,my BBC jeans and Gucci high tops as well as my TT YG DJ II and my YG ring with initials. So he seemed unhelpful, maybe he was having a bad day but not cool to take it out on prospective customers who are willing to fork over big money for just a scarf. Anyways I'm more inclined to call the guy in NYC.

I noticed the repeat behavior at countless other boutiques in Boston except for Riccardi on Newbury Street (@FremStar I mostly get my BBC from here or on trips to NYC) seeing as my brother and I have spent thousands buying clothes from them. In the YSL (Yves Saint Laurent) boutique in NYC the staff were really helpful when all I wanted to buy were some sneakers. They were the Malibu High Tops in black patent leather, seeing as I already own the red ones. The girl who helped me (MY GOD SHE WAS HOT!!! lol) had this sexy Eastern Euro accent (Lithuanian she told me...I asked...lol...don't player hate) even though she had been living here for 8 years. She was blonde too, and I'm a sucker for blondes lol. She was helpful and said they didn't carry my size in the store but she said she would order them from another boutique in my size. Since I forgot my size in YSL (43) she even offered for me to try the red ones to figure out my size as I didn't pack my red ones for the weekend trip. Anyways got the right size in the mail and hope I'll see her again when I go back to NYC. Just working hard to get the right figure to fit into their clothes seeing as I'm not fat I'm Husky (If you've seen that greasy fast food commercial with that line and others such as where did my neck go platter and opposite sex repellent).

Anyways I''ll just say it again these sales rep shouldn't judge a book by its cover, especially in high end fashion places. Got served two glasses of Moet and Chandon Imperial at the Louis Vuitton in Boston while my brother bought loafers. The lady never ID'ed me and didn't know I was 17 at the time. Now that's service!!!

Before I veer off topic I'll post another thread about a possible third watch and what I'm looking for but my mom's off to NYC with my brother at 5 while I help my dad run our business. So my new post won't be until later in the day seeing as I have to be up at 8 to help my dad. Good night and good morning/afternoon to you international readers. And thanks again for reading my long ass post.

P.S. @esm if you're reading this post I broke it up nicely into paragraphs for you
Old 25 November 2011, 05:43 PM   #51
esm
"TRF" Member

Wow - another long, interesting story. My local Chinese grocer lady is neither tall or good looking, but she is always helpful with the items I needed - whether I dressed up or dressed down. She never gave me her business card and I have no idea what her name is, so the chance of me giving her a call I say a quick hi is pretty slim. The accountant next door has a massive signage, but have never been in there, so I can not comment on it. This is probably the longest paragraph I have ever written in my entire life.

Old 25 November 2011, 06:02 PM   #52
nads070
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622 YM
Nice story and pics! Thanks for sharing! You must be very successful as a teenager to be having all that nice stuff! When I was your age I was scrimping and saving for my first Tag watch! Still have it to this day. Reminds me of the hard work it's taken me to afford my Rollie's. (My parents never bought me luxury items.)

Quote:
Attached are some pics there are 4 more on the way. The rings are part of my wrist wear. LOL at the Assassin's Creed Revelations game case it was the best backdrop I had for pics right now.
O.G. TRF member #415
nads070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2011, 05:12 AM   #53
Hiya Buddy
Banned

@nads070 Somewhat successful lol. I keep asking my mom jokingly for a DD II in RG and all she tells me is when you're on your with your own job you can get it. I'm trying to get that right 100k+ job after I finish school. NOBODY LAUGH lol...I'm trying to get into my school's nursing program...its competitive...I don't want Med school debt...I wanna be a Nurse Practitioner...make my cash money...and eventually own the four diff DD II's (Platinum,YG, RG, and WG) Realistically speaking I think my heart is set on the RG DD II but not for 37 grand (hello ARUBA!!!)

Anyways that' still pretty cool you got a Tag man.
Old 26 November 2011, 12:14 PM   #54
FremStar
"TRF" Member

@Hiya_Buddy you seem to be well versed in high end harajuku fashion (BBC), you may also want to check out the Bape boutique next time you're in NYC! Good luck in your career! I remember having that same thought process ($100k+) when I graduated from school! Endure the pain and don't skip any steps as it would make the goal merrier when you attain it! Good luck on your quest for world domination!
Old 28 November 2011, 06:52 AM   #55
Hiya Buddy
Banned

Thanks @FremStar I keep dreaming about getting the right job to get the "right" watch and soon finding the right girl lol. World domination is tough look at Makarov in Modern Warfare 3, he met his end I'm just about ready to make a new post on another watch that's a pending purchase as soon as the one I just got is paid off ha ha.
Old 28 November 2011, 07:04 AM   #56
The Joker
"TRF" Member

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Nice looking DJ's
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2011, 11:41 AM   #57
Joey_V
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub 16610 M
Quote:
@nads070 Somewhat successful lol. I keep asking my mom jokingly for a DD II in RG and all she tells me is when you're on your with your own job you can get it. I'm trying to get that right 100k+ job after I finish school. NOBODY LAUGH lol...I'm trying to get into my school's nursing program...its competitive...I don't want Med school debt...I wanna be a Nurse Practitioner...make my cash money...and eventually own the four diff DD II's (Platinum,YG, RG, and WG) Realistically speaking I think my heart is set on the RG DD II but not for 37 grand (hello ARUBA!!!)

Anyways that' still pretty cool you got a Tag man.
Congrats on the watches but spending 37K on a watch on a 100K income when you're done is a lot of dough. You're going to have to live frugally in all other aspects of your life.

Current Rotation: Rolex Submariner Date (M) - 1/08, Rolex Milgauss GV (V) - 2/10, Rolex SS Black Daytona (V) - 6/10, Rolex GMTIIC (G) - 5/11, TAG Heuer Silverstone (286/1860) - 1/2015
Former-watches: Omega PO/2535.80/2254, TAG Carrera/F1x2/Monaco, Panerai 312K/292L
Wish List: Panerai 270/505, Rolex SMURF, Rolex RG Daytona, Rolex DSSD
Joey_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2011, 12:08 PM   #58
warren G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster 3861
Congrats Hiya Buddy. I'm a huge fan of BOO and R&B. I wear my BoO blue OCBD at least twice a week. Next time you visit New York, you must visit Self Edge and Blue In Green.