The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 March 2012, 07:31 AM   #61
Luv rolex
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ,SD 4000,LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Truthfully- who cares? AP makes 20k watches a year and it is pretty well known in watch world that Rolex makes close to a million a year. At the end of the day whether it is 990k or 1.1 mm it is a lot more than 20k. If you want specific numbers and it is that important to you do some research. Best of luck in your research and on the Diver too.
yea but what about my question regarding sub and Ap ?
Luv rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 09:30 AM   #62
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed Homme View Post
The original e30 was by far my favorite, but I used to race the e36 so I have a soft spot for that one as well. I never owned the current iteration. Good choice on the stick, I would have opted for that as well.
Thanks my friend. I have never driven any earlier versions but understand the V8 was a big change.

Quote:
Very nice Dalip!! Awesome ride!!
Thanks Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW View Post
The first M3 E30 was one of my dream cars growing up...Then watches came along
True Thomas.....trying to cope with both .....but I think my AP may have to just enjoy the ride for a bit and settle for each other to talk to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Very nice car Dalip. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ320 View Post
Congrats on the E92 M3, Dalip! Definitely a favourite of mine but couldn't afford both cars and watches :P
Thanks guys

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 09:41 AM   #63
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv rolex View Post
although iam planning to sell my sub and get the diver soon (cuz dalip have one), but seriously we should not thrown on numbers without knowing real and full info.and with all respectful you did not provide any OFFICIAL evidence on the highlighted sentence. i mean who are " A group of watch experts"??. and where is that sci. reference?? again i just want to be sure that this is true sentence not a repeated sentence that have been thrown 100 times till we beleaives it without getting real confirmation or official source. finally iam sure that rolex produce many watches per year and way more than AP which also has its + and -

BTW I give thinking how a watch can take a year to produce?

last question for you and AP owners. why you think Rolex is best for everyday, i mean do you guys really think a sub would be better than the AP diver for everyday??? i dont think so BUT prefer to know your ideas.
Quote:
yea but what about my question regarding sub and Ap ?
You've been politely told to go and do some research. There is a well known difference and your continued questioning is clearly just to be irritating.

And then there's your reference above to an earlier comment which has meant you've gone from trying to irritate another moderator to you successfully irritating this one.

Don't get me wrong....you're no more an irritant than a fly around my head.....sometimes easily ignored.

However, I'd suggest you head in another direction. And here's that smilie you like....

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Old 12 March 2012, 10:56 AM   #64
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post
You've been politely told to go and do some research. There is a well known difference and your continued questioning is clearly just to be irritating.

And then there's your reference above to an earlier comment which has meant you've gone from trying to irritate another moderator to you successfully irritating this one.

Don't get me wrong....you're no more an irritant than a fly around my head.....sometimes easily ignored.

However, I'd suggest you head in another direction. And here's that smilie you like....
Well said Dalip--he is rather irritating!!! Have a good one my friend and enjoy that M3!! What a great ride!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 11:06 AM   #65
dalip
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well said Dalip--he is rather irritating!!! Have a good one my friend and enjoy that M3!! What a great ride!!
Thanks Ken
Looking forward to the drive to work this morning.....will definitely be taking the coast road...

Old 12 March 2012, 11:47 AM   #66
NEW
"TRF" Member

Watch: MANY
Quote:
Originally Posted by timepeice View Post
everyone has a rolex. Few can own an ap.
x2
Old 12 March 2012, 12:09 PM   #67
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Quote:
iam intersted to see an official figures on the numbers you mentioned (25000 for AP and one million for Rolex
Why??? Those numbers are pretty much dead on. The AP numbers look a little high though. A lot more goes into an AP than a Rolex. Think of the Rolex like a Ford Explorer bad an AP a MB G550. Yes both are SUVs but one is simply more refined and has many more hand assembled parts.
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 02:38 PM   #68
cgjane
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116509 BlackArabic
Here is my Panda and my weekend toy, E46 M3:

Old 12 March 2012, 04:17 PM   #69
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
You guys are making me miss my e36 M3!
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 07:19 PM   #70
Luv rolex
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ,SD 4000,LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalip View Post

Dalip

First of all, being member in such nice forum was just to get info. about watches making some friends see other cultures and knowing it. I consider Ken one of the few knowledgeable people who knows , tried and own some of the best watches around the forum from Rolex to patek. I’ve pm’ed him before asking some question and he answered me very well so I’ll never try to irritate him. As iam in middle management level banker I always depend on some facts and not stories. Being asking Ken I have to intend by any mean to insult or bother him and if you even bother your self and review my first post you will see that I was not asking Ken. Anyway if he ever felt like this then

Iam sorry Ken you are one of the best and I don’t want you to feel offended

Again Dalip

When I mentioned “cuz dalip got one” All what I meant was just kidding EXACTLY like ((Zed Homme)) and you said and it was kind of joke
But apparently you didn’t get it and you thought I was irritating you!!!!!!

Truthfully, I always enjoyed your posts and GTG pics with members and their families and thought like we was family around here. You may don’t see much posts by me here but I visit this forum on a daily basis even before you was a member here and check everyone posts

Finally if you are one of the Moderator here you MUST ( be at a level of proficiency and responsibility) knowing that this forum have people from all around the world with different perceptions, cultures, way of thinking and analysis, also different sense of humor i.e ( I might post something I think a one would laugh at but you see it as a insult and vice versa). So please put this into your consideration before posting such post. ( and iam sure you are at that level and smart guy but just to remind you

As describing me as a fly I do consider this impolite in my culture to ,but ill not talk about it because I know you are a good guy and always nice with new people and ill consider it misunderstanding

Ken finally you
As said before iam sooooo sorry for any misunderstanding you are one great guy I don’t want to lose, my repeated question about Rolex and AP was real as iam considering getting Diver as a my daily watch.

Rolex forums members I just wrote this whole post not to reply on Dalip BUT to tell you that there might be others members with little posts and do consider you (members) kind of family and friends and are not waiting attack from you, and would rather from moderators to check and pm members first to be sure they are what Dalip and Ken accusing me for before posting such post.

Thanks all and wish you a great times with your AP’s watches. Iam gonna be a member of the club soon.
Luv rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2012, 07:44 PM   #71
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Dalip

First of all, being member in such nice forum was just to get info. about watches making some friends see other cultures and knowing it. I consider Ken one of the few knowledgeable people who knows , tried and own some of the best watches around the forum from Rolex to patek. I’ve pm’ed him before asking some question and he answered me very well so I’ll never try to irritate him. As iam in middle management level banker I always depend on some facts and not stories. Being asking Ken I have to intend by any mean to insult or bother him and if you even bother your self and review my first post you will see that I was not asking Ken. Anyway if he ever felt like this then

Iam sorry Ken you are one of the best and I don’t want you to feel offended

Again Dalip

When I mentioned “cuz dalip got one” All what I meant was just kidding EXACTLY like ((Zed Homme)) and you said and it was kind of joke
But apparently you didn’t get it and you thought I was irritating you!!!!!!

Truthfully, I always enjoyed your posts and GTG pics with members and their families and thought like we was family around here. You may don’t see much posts by me here but I visit this forum on a daily basis even before you was a member here and check everyone posts

Finally if you are one of the Moderator here you MUST ( be at a level of proficiency and responsibility) knowing that this forum have people from all around the world with different perceptions, cultures, way of thinking and analysis, also different sense of humor i.e ( I might post something I think a one would laugh at but you see it as a insult and vice versa). So please put this into your consideration before posting such post. ( and iam sure you are at that level and smart guy but just to remind you

As describing me as a fly I do consider this impolite in my culture to ,but ill not talk about it because I know you are a good guy and always nice with new people and ill consider it misunderstanding

Ken finally you
As said before iam sooooo sorry for any misunderstanding you are one great guy I don’t want to lose, my repeated question about Rolex and AP was real as iam considering getting Diver as a my daily watch.

Rolex forums members I just wrote this whole post not to reply on Dalip BUT to tell you that there might be others members with little posts and do consider you (members) kind of family and friends and are not waiting attack from you, and would rather from moderators to check and pm members first to be sure they are what Dalip and Ken accusing me for before posting such post.

Thanks all and wish you a great times with your AP’s watches. Iam gonna be a member of the club soon.
Clearly you know Rolex makes hundreds of thousands of watches. In 2004 that number was 650,000 and has climbed steadily since. That is far more than the 20k AP makes per year. Again-the videos in the sticky shows what goes into an AP. As I said if you want facts and specifics--search away. To me it makes no difference again whether the number is 900k or 1 million -it is more than AP, Patek, ALS, and many other small high end watch houses combined. As for wearing daily--a Diver would wear as well as a Sub IMHO. The key difference for me is you can wear a Sub for 10 years without having to worry about a service and the AP will need to go in every 5 years or so. That is why for the money a Sub or Rolex is hard to beat in terms of durability and sustainability. Also the cost to service is an AP is more than twice if not more than a Rolex. I own both brands as well was others and they all have importance and a place in my collection. And yes your post did come off as irritating but that is par for the course on an internet forum. You say you didn't mean to be--fine--we move forward.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote