The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 September 2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Rolexfan_18
"TRF" Member

Icon7 Help Please!!! verifying Authenticity!!!

I am new to omegas and I'm interested on bidding on this item below Omega Planet Ocean 2201.50 from Ebay. I would really appreciate it if somebody can shed the light for me and authenticate this one.

Thank you in advance,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170902704830...=p5197.c0.m619

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~marked...w%20orange.jpg
Rolexfan_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2012, 04:23 AM   #2
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
seems legit, but thats just it. what they post and what they send are two different things. with these purchases it's as, if not more important as to whether the seller is authentic.
curiously though, the documentation reveals the serial number of the watch however in the picture it's blotted out. no point in hiding it at that point if you chose to disclose it on the documentation. so that's a red flag for me. you may ask him to email you an unfiltered copy, don't know if you can do that on ebay though.
the price is awfully low for that condition and only bought three months ago. I wouldn't sell it that discounted. I'd sell mine at that price but mine is a war veteran that has been through it all so it's needs a little tlc, but for me it was always a tool anyways. if it's too good to be true, it probably is...

also this watch isn't rare, unique or featuring a special movement. it's a plain ole PO 2500.
by the way I say this being an owner of the very same watch. just not with orange numbers.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2012, 06:08 AM   #3
Rolexfan_18
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the good advise. I'll definitely try to contact the seller and make sure the documentation and serial match :)
Old 1 September 2012, 12:31 PM   #4
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Research the seller first, ask a ton of questions and also see if you can get a phone number to ask questions, no phone no sale..thats my 2 cents
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2012, 08:54 PM   #5
GermanyMatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711, 126610
Looks fine to me. You're pretty well protected with Paypal as well.
GermanyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2012, 08:16 AM   #6
Seamasterbond

Watch: Seamaster po
You and I are apparently bidding on the same watch.
Seamasterbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2012, 09:10 AM   #7
dsio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680 '79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
seems legit, but thats just it. what they post and what they send are two different things. with these purchases it's as, if not more important as to whether the seller is authentic.
curiously though, the documentation reveals the serial number of the watch however in the picture it's blotted out. no point in hiding it at that point if you chose to disclose it on the documentation. so that's a red flag for me. you may ask him to email you an unfiltered copy, don't know if you can do that on ebay though.
the price is awfully low for that condition and only bought three months ago. I wouldn't sell it that discounted. I'd sell mine at that price but mine is a war veteran that has been through it all so it's needs a little tlc, but for me it was always a tool anyways. if it's too good to be true, it probably is...

also this watch isn't rare, unique or featuring a special movement. it's a plain ole PO 2500.
by the way I say this being an owner of the very same watch. just not with orange numbers.
Its not rare but it is uncommon, those final production 2500Ds feature the 3 level co-axial escapement and were only produced for a very short period of time before the PO 8500 replaced them. Whether or not that's worth it to anyone or not is another question, but if you want the best variant of PO2500 its either a 2500D final production model or a LiquidMetal that you want.
-- Rolex Submariner 1680 "Ghost" '79 --
-- Rolex SS Daytona 116520 '04 --
dsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2012, 07:14 AM   #8
Rolexfan_18
"TRF" Member

Hi guys, thanks for all your inputs and I appreciate it...