The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 11 April 2013, 06:08 AM   #1
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
I realize that we're on RolexForum, but there's nothing in my post which suggests that I hold Rolex on any sort of pedestal. All my pedestals are reserved for watch manufacturers that don't fit $10 bracelets on $10,000 watches. With that said, please provide a historical Omega model with any sort of orange GMT styling cues. This watch copies the orange hand Explorer 2 styling in an IMO fairly blatant and unsophisticated way.

On edit: this watch also suffers from the "blue dial and black date disk" phenomenon of the Ti LM watches. I wish Omega would just spring for a blue date disk, it would look so much nicer.
You could say copy....but I think the answer is obvious. They have already been using this blue and orange pallet on the Planet Ocean line for quite some time. Why they chose it in this exact pattern, who knows. But the colors aren't pulled from no where and this is a Planet Ocean watch, and other than an orange hand it looks nothing at all like Explorer 2.

Want to see a copy....maybe the AP FC Diver and the IWC Aquatimer is a better comparison. I don't give a damn though, all these watches are awesome.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2013, 06:16 AM   #2
balboa73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
You could say copy....but I think the answer is obvious. They have already been using this blue and orange pallet on the Planet Ocean line for quite some time. Why they chose it in this exact pattern, who knows. But the colors aren't pulled from no where and this is a Planet Ocean watch, and other than an orange hand it looks nothing at all like Explorer 2.

Want to see a copy....maybe the AP FC Diver and the IWC Aquatimer is a better comparison. I don't give a damn though, all these watches are awesome.
agreed

Even with their $10 bracelets
balboa73 is offline   Reply With Quote