The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 23 May 2013, 04:26 AM   #1
412Rolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Cartier
aquanaut questions

Hey all,

I have recently been looking into the aquanaut.

the retail price is manageable but I was curious if ADs discount patek sport models at all? I have purchased many watches from my AD so I have a good standing relationship with them but wasnt sure if asking for a discount on a patek sport model is laughable??

Secondly, how durable of a time piece is this? I like to hunt, fish and kayak along with other outdoor activities. Should you baby this piece or is it intended to take some abuse.

Am I better off just getting an expii 42mm??
412Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 12:12 AM   #2
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
If you ask the worst thing they can say is no, if you want a discount go ahead and ask. My AD ordered me an extra strap on the house without me asking.

I don't bang any of my watches around except my old trusty Omega Seamaster so I can't comment on that but I have worn my 5167 every day without taking it off except for gym/boxing and it's still dead mint.

It's a real nice watch and personally I wouldn't wear it while hunting or fishing however I also wouldn't wear an Explorer II while doing those activities either.

I usually recommend trying on both back to back or with the least amount of time between the two.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Sherwooddavid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I always get a couple prices before I talk to my AD and then ask if they can match the lowest and it's worked so far.
Sherwooddavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 12:56 AM   #4
Toony
"TRF" Member

I wear mine all the time except at the gym or running. The watch is very comfortable and light. I often forget I have it on.
Toony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 05:55 AM   #5
Stonedcl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200, 116610
Go for it !!

Ask for a discount you will be suprised.. I would aim for 15% off..
Stonedcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 05:59 AM   #6
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
The aqua is an all around watch... But i would wear my explorer for those outdoor activities.
Old 24 May 2013, 06:13 AM   #7
stockjock1975
Banned

Watch: Platona
Regarding durability I, like many others, do not expose my 5167 to situations where damage is likely to occur. Not because I feel this particular Patek is unable to handle it, but simply because I try to treat all my expensive possessions with the proper care with which they are entitled.

Having said that, I do live my life to the fullest with the watch regularly on my wrist. As an indication, over the last year I have worn my Aquanaut swimming, snorkeling, playing tennis, golfing, riding roller coasters, jogging, light yard work, cleaning out the garage,etc. the list goes on and one. It is still mint and dead-on to the second accurate.

Moral of the story.....use common sense, but don't baby it. The Aquanaut is an amazing piece and will hold up just fine! Enjoy it!
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote