The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 January 2015, 02:18 AM   #1
Humaid
"TRF" Member

Stolen / lost Rolex submariner green in london 01/01/2015

I lost my Rolex submariner " green " in london at gran cafe , in Knightsbridge , Brompton road the 01/01/2015 , what a new year beginning ... I was there for late breakfast between 12:30 and 2 :00 pm , I went to the toilets, I removed my watch to wash my hand, by mistake I forgot the watch and left , at 5:30 pm while I was shopping in regents st I realized that I forgot the watch, so i went back to the cafe , asked the manager and he replied " no we didn't see and employees are not allowed to use the toilets " he didn't even accept to take down my number to call me in case he found the watch nor he showed me who went to the toilet after me... So I went to police to report in Belgravia Police station, so they gave me a piece of paper as a note to write down what happened and they told me to go online to a website called : www.immobilise.com to register it as lost watch thats it ... They didn't take any serious action and refused to report it as lost or stolen ... I went back to the cafe and tried my best by offering him reward but there was noway...then when I was about to leave the manager of the cafe asked me to stay for awhile with no reason... While I was staying I saw a guy walked in the cafe and he was carrying s watches leather case he put it on a table , had a chat with the manager and the manager was pointing on me , I didn't understand what was going over there , and after that the manager got me the bill i paid and left... The other day I went to Rolex in Knightsbridge to report, so they directed me to the main office, and the main office didn't accept to help me by anyway without police report ... I went to police today , and one of the officers wrote me down on a note that they cannot open a stolen case not lost even and they cannot even give me a report or reference number .... What shall I do I'm totally lost ... Police is help less , Rolex is help less ... How can help me ? I have all the prove that I'm the owner and the info can be tracked from the dealer in Dubai .... The warranty card ... Etc ... Can anyone guide me what to do ???
Humaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 10:39 AM   #2
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

well i had a look at the site, it would appear you fill it in an submit and they give a report nuimber ect. then take that print out to rolex
Old 6 January 2015, 11:06 AM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Double post: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=390308
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2015, 04:26 PM   #4
Karahana
"TRF" Member

Who's your dealer in Dubai?
Karahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2015, 05:58 PM   #5
rolex_DateJust
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes please!

The choice that will last a lifetime
rolex_DateJust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2015, 06:20 PM   #6
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
this thread again... how many times does the OP have to tell us..
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2015, 07:41 PM   #7
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex/JLC/panerai
I never take off my watch to wash my hands, not that it help you much now! Sadly it's a lesson you have learned the hard way now. Nobody gets rewarded for making mistakes. This is sadly true in many, many cases.
I have the Original green submariner too, so I do feel your loss man!
steveclocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2015, 08:36 PM   #8
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Why...? WHY? Would you take off your watch for any reason at a bar/restaurant/public place, less to wash your hands?

I guess a habit like this will result in things like this. You only realized the watch gone 3,5 hours later? No wonder it was gone.

Between the lines it sounds like you suspect the manager or cafe to have taken it. I can assure you as a restaurant owner myself, employees in my country have to have their own restrooms, and are not allowed to use the public restrooms. Only to fill up tissues/towels etc.

If indeed this happened, someone not too honest entered the restroom and took it.

Sorry.
Old 8 January 2015, 08:33 AM   #9
kleman
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
Why...? WHY? Would you take off your watch for any reason at a bar/restaurant/public place, less to wash your hands?

I guess a habit like this will result in things like this. You only realized the watch gone 3,5 hours later? No wonder it was gone.

Between the lines it sounds like you suspect the manager or cafe to have taken it. I can assure you as a restaurant owner myself, employees in my country have to have their own restrooms, and are not allowed to use the public restrooms. Only to fill up tissues/towels etc.

If indeed this happened, someone not too honest entered the restroom and took it.

Sorry.
This is how I understood the OP:
It could be that a honest customer found it and delivered to the restaurant manager. Perhaps wrongly, but this is what I would have done.

What a terrible start of the year. I feel sorry for you.
kleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2015, 10:27 AM   #10
myclue
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
sorry to hear OP
myclue is offline   Reply With Quote