The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 January 2015, 12:12 AM   #1
ArghZombies
"TRF" Member

Original 6694 dial styles

I'm doing a bit of investigation into 6694s with a view to picking one up in a few months. There are loads of examples out there on eBay and the like (although I'm mostly viewing there for research rather than planning on buying from there). I am finding that the variety in dials is quite surprising.

I expect that 90% of them are redials of some description (aftermarket ones, repainted ones etc) so I'm trying to find out what genuine original dials actually existed during their run.

My knowledge so far extends to - if it doesn't have stick markers / indices then it's a redial. But I'm not sure about colour combinations (dial colour and indices colours).

A search around this forum mostly turns up posts of the "I found this watch; is it genuine" variety rather than a full list of what did, and what didn't exist originally.

Just how much variety of genuine dials are there out there, or is it the case that it's only silver, champagne and black, with silver or gold indices and anything else is a redial?

It's probably a blue dial one I'm most interested in, so I'd be especially interested to hear if such designs were produced originally.
ArghZombies is offline   Reply With Quote