The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2015, 06:35 AM   #1
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
The Patek Philippe Register

Does anybody know the exact procedure ?

Customer purchasing the watch and AD may fill out the SoO with the customer details .
Will AD report purchase details to PP or it isn t obligatory ?
First owner sending back the registration card or filling it out on PPs website , PP confirms the details by email informing the customer of his username password to PP s owners section .
if the first owner sells the watch to someone ,is it possible to register the same watch again ? What happens if you inherit or getting it as a present - i talk about already registered watches-.

thanks

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2015, 06:50 AM   #2
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
As far as I am aware, if you buy a watch that was already registered on PP's website, you can register the watch in your name after purchasing. When that is done, the watch is now registered to you and not the previous owner.
Old 9 January 2015, 07:49 AM   #3
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I'll let you know as I filled out their form except for the AD information. I also requested the magazine and e-mail.
Old 10 January 2015, 03:45 AM   #4
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Some ADs will complete the registration for you, if they don't know you or think that you may be a flipper. In this case, the AD is letting Patek know they sold a watch to a seemingly legitimate owner and didn't sell it to a gray dealer.

But if you have a relationship with an AD, they will take your word when you tell them you are going to register it yourself. I suppose you can complete the paper form and mail it in. But once you have an online account as a Patek owner, it is easier to complete the online form to register your new watch.

A watch that has been previously registered can be registered by the new owner once it has exchanged ownership.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 12:22 PM   #5
skippy1416
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 3410 AM
It is definitely possible to register the same watch again. I registered my first Patek (50's Calatrava) without issue and I received my first magazine within a few weeks. When I sold that watch the magazine stopped fairly soon so I assume that the new owner registered it and I was bumped. When I rejoined the club with a secondhand Aquanaut registering was once again not an issue and I immediately started receiving the magazine again. Both of my registrations were done online.
skippy1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 02:05 PM   #6
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Great to know as I got my 5712 new and double sealed, but on the papers it was already with the first buyer's name, I will go see them this week to put it on my name… Very good useful thread

lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 02:12 PM   #7
Tzehou
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, AP & Rolex
I had bought 2x Pateks new. One from a local ad last October 2014 and one from the local Patek boutique last December 2014. After all the registeration by both the retailer via the original mailer and myself online, I still have not received anything from Patek other than an email asking me to wait. Both units are bought here in Singapore :(
Tzehou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 04:58 PM   #8
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Great to know as I got my 5712 new and double sealed, but on the papers it was already with the first buyer's name, I will go see them this week to put it on my name… Very good useful thread

Not necessary to go to see them.
They won't erase the name on the paper, and they do not make a second one
You may just ask an extract of the register which prove your watch is not a fake which is not necessary because you have the original paper with the name of the previous owner. Moreover, they don't deliver an extract before 4 years till the purchase
The best for you is, Like Skippy said, to register online, to be know at Patek Geneva as the new owner
Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 05:55 PM   #9
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Great info Guys,i did my registration last year so more or less i was aware tge procedure just wanted to know a bit more details.

One question the AD reports the purchase with customer details or not?i m not talk about if you ask them to fill the registration form my question is concerning the standard procedure between the AD &PP

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2015, 08:02 PM   #10
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
Not necessary to go to see them.
They won't erase the name on the paper, and they do not make a second one
You may just ask an extract of the register which prove your watch is not a fake which is not necessary because you have the original paper with the name of the previous owner. Moreover, they don't deliver an extract before 4 years till the purchase
The best for you is, Like Skippy said, to register online, to be know at Patek Geneva as the new owner
Ok thanks a lot for the info John, will do like you say
Old 11 January 2015, 12:49 AM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Well I just registered as new owner of my 5712 online, very easy it took just 2 minutes, so Patek knows now that I exist, I am now officially someone
Old 11 January 2015, 03:22 AM   #12
mimo5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
The Patek Philippe Register

I recently purchased my first Patek from a local A.D. They registered the timepiece for me, likely because of the comments above (he didn't know who the heck I was).

The AD registered it fairly quickly, and I've already received my magazine (bought the watch mid-November). When I let the AD know that, he was quite surprised that I had received my Patek magazine so quickly. I'm a happy customer!
Along with the magazine came a custom letter and registration document with my watch details on it. And a survey on why I purchased a Patek. Which I completed and returned.

And yes from what I see online, It's very easy to switch the watch registration to yourself from a previous owner.
mimo5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2015, 02:24 AM   #13
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Watch: me sell games
You can switch registration easily online as a second owner. However they asked for a Magazine number which i did not have so i don't know if they will send me anything.
ELITEVIDEOGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2015, 02:41 AM   #14
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I purchased mine from an AD, but hadn't received anything, so I guess they didn't register the piece for me. However, I just visited the registry on the patek website...was quite easy, and got an email confirmation that the watches were now registered in my name.
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote