The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 February 2015, 01:33 AM   #1
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
What would you do?

I have SMP 2252.50 and I am just bored with it now and dont get excitement from wearing it anymore.

Maybe its because the watch to me is very plain jane but that is why i originally got it bc it flys under the radar.

OR I could just have the itch for a new watch. Mulling over selling it or trading it for something else.

So, what would you do?

Thinking about a vintage rolex model or a tudor black bay maybe? open to your ideas

Thanks
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2015, 01:52 AM   #2
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I don't think it will make a big difference ($) if you sell it for a vintage Rolex or a black bay. Put aside for some time and once you bring it back to the rotation you will be glad you did not let it go.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2015, 04:44 AM   #3
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

I do see that point of view, I just hate to have a watch sitting that i am not liking but i also do not want to make a rash decision, thanks
Old 1 February 2015, 04:52 AM   #4
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

If it's a swap, no harm in trading it. I sold watches I had not worn in years to fund a new purchase and now I have a watch I wear on a regular basis. I do miss the watches I sold because I liked the designs. But the truth is that I never wore them and it made no sense to keep them and never wear them. And remember, nothing is forever. If you change your mind in the future you can buy another Omega.
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2015, 04:52 AM   #5
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgolfo View Post
I do see that point of view, I just hate to have a watch sitting that i am not liking but i also do not want to make a rash decision, thanks
You can make contact with a seller here, and also with shops like Bernard watch, Element in Time etc and ask how much would you get if you trade it for a model they have. This is a good way to know if it's better move it or wait until you love it again.
Old 1 February 2015, 05:42 AM   #6
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys, thinking i might want to swap it for an auto speedmaster the reduced version bc looking online my seamaster is not worth a whole alot and i know i have better odds trading it in for that then just selling it for cash
Old 2 February 2015, 02:25 AM   #7
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Update: talked to some trusted sellers and I have decided to sell this watch to help fund a speedy, which model I do not know yet but I feel pretty good about this bc when I think Omega I think of a speedy so im excited to get a speedy hopefully soon
Old 2 February 2015, 03:16 AM   #8
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Old 2 February 2015, 06:22 AM   #9
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgolfo View Post
I have SMP 2252.50 and I am just bored with it now and dont get excitement from wearing it anymore.

Maybe its because the watch to me is very plain jane but that is why i originally got it bc it flys under the radar.

OR I could just have the itch for a new watch. Mulling over selling it or trading it for something else.

So, what would you do?

Thinking about a vintage rolex model or a tudor black bay maybe? open to your ideas

Thanks
Before you sell it, I'd but a few different straps, like RAFs, NATOs, leather, etc., because it can drastically change the vibe of the watch, and it may spark your interest again.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2015, 05:37 AM   #10
Matt C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116660
I would sell it, you won't get much for a trade in value and it sounds like you are pretty bored with it, sell it and get what you really want. It's not a hard piece to find and replacing it down the road wouldn't be too costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt C is offline   Reply With Quote