The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 September 2015, 09:46 AM   #1
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Rugby World Cup

Any interest in the Rugby World Cup?

I am studiously avoiding predictions but am pretty sure our southern hemisphere friends will feature in the final....

There should be a few surprises - Argentina are a rising power and South Africa may get a tough time in pool B. I would dearly love Uruguay or Namibia to win a game, as this would be a huge boost to the game in their countries.

However when it comes down to it, what I really want is for my team, Ireland, to build on our recent success and capture the moment..... In the short-term that means beating France. After that, it requires overcoming Argentina in the quarters, destroying our nearest and dearest neighbours, England, in the semis, and celebrating victory with a win over New Zealand in the final.

We can but dream...... Anyway I wish the very best to all rugby fans here, wherever you may be.
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2015, 10:27 AM   #2
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
I am from OZ and I predict in line with the last 15 years when the time comes our front row will concertina get pushed off the ball and quickly wilt (sad because we have some awesome backs that would shine behind a forward pack that went forward). The All Blacks assuming their disrespectful country leave them alone will waltz it in. Ireland are tipped to make the final so good luck. Rugby is a very minor sport in Australia these days, it did not feature in the first 6 pages of the sports section in the newspaper today which says a lot.
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2015, 07:41 PM   #3
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
I am from OZ and I predict in line with the last 15 years when the time comes our front row will concertina get pushed off the ball and quickly wilt (sad because we have some awesome backs that would shine behind a forward pack that went forward). The All Blacks assuming their disrespectful country leave them alone will waltz it in. Ireland are tipped to make the final so good luck. Rugby is a very minor sport in Australia these days, it did not feature in the first 6 pages of the sports section in the newspaper today which says a lot.
Sorry to hear Aussie rugby is in the doldrums, you guys have such a proud tradition. I am not sure I like how the game is going these days, as backs are increasingly marginalised by the need for power. I watch training at my kids' school and am terrified by the size of 15yo players and the number of ambulances that turn up....
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote