The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2008, 10:00 AM   #1
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Icon20 New 007 SeaMaster Line

Well today I went for a little drive and decided to go into this local mall. They have an Omega AD there and to say the least they provided the royal treatment and was impressed. Spent quite some time in there getting catalogues from Tag Heuer (the new hard cover one), Baume & Mercier, and the 2008 Omega book. The salesman insisted I take them to have a look and see if anything catches my eye so what the hey. They now have the new SeaMaster as some of you may already know. The watch is the exact same but the dial and bezel insert are black like the 16610 Submariner. Take a look and sorry if some of those pictures came out a bit blurry.

RW16610 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2008, 12:35 PM   #2
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Nice, thanks for sharing, the black looks cool. Is the navy still available?
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2008, 12:40 PM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Not sure it is not even in this book. Hope it is not mine will be worth more later down if they stop making that colour My guess is it would be but must wait and see. Other than that though as I said all else is the exact same. Some screw links in the braceslit would have been incredible but they kept the same one, guess for tradition? Who knows.
Old 27 June 2008, 11:53 PM   #4
temptones1
"TRF" Member

I'm partial to this one though....
temptones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2008, 01:19 AM   #5
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Which one was that? Sorry the picture in your post would not load for me for some reason.
Old 28 June 2008, 03:28 AM   #6
temptones1
"TRF" Member

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...netOcean-1.jpg

I really like this watch.....opinions? People always stop me and ask what it is.
temptones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2008, 03:36 AM   #7
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

I like the SeaMaster model in general, but that 007 second hand just puts me off big time. It might be acceptable if I was actually James Bond, and people didnt know about me, and the watch had been specially made for the Secret Service - but Im not. And neither are you.
Old 28 June 2008, 03:44 AM   #8
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
I like the SeaMaster model in general, but that 007 second hand just puts me off big time. It might be acceptable if I was actually James Bond, and people didnt know about me, and the watch had been specially made for the Secret Service - but Im not. And neither are you.
So, if you never worked for the Comex dive company, you wouldn't want a Comex Sub, either?
Old 28 June 2008, 03:51 AM   #9
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

I don't think its really the same though is it? James Bond is a fictional dude, who does stuff that doesnt really happen in real life. Its fantasy.
Old 28 June 2008, 04:12 AM   #10
Perdu
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Personally I think Omega over do the whole Bond thing, but as this is a limited addition I assume they will bring out a regular non bond version soon.

Benson 1937 Sterling Silver Hunter
Perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2008, 05:19 AM   #11
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptones1 View Post
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...netOcean-1.jpg

I really like this watch.....opinions? People always stop me and ask what it is.
Oh that is the Phelps Planet Ocean, well looks like his can not remember off the top of my head. It looks great.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think its really the same though is it? James Bond is a fictional dude, who does stuff that doesnt really happen in real life. Its fantasy.
Fully agree with you on that 110%. Comparing a Comex Submariner watch that real divers use for work is not the same as a movie character who has a watch with numerous built in functions. Personally I would not want a Comex SeaDweller or Submariner either for my daily watch. Just to have one in my collection is cool but that is just me.

Never understood the special edition fully because James Bond does not wear one marked 007 for obvious reasons. It is symbolic for collectors, watch lovers and fans but would never get one. The 007 on the second hand is a cool idea but also something I would not want on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdu View Post
Personally I think Omega over do the whole Bond thing, but as this is a limited addition I assume they will bring out a regular non bond version soon.

Yeah have to agree there too. They are following Rolex. This Black SeaMaster seems a lot like the Submariner. The non bond edition is there in those pictures. The 007 edition is just for collectors the one he would wear in any movie (not sure if this is in the new one) would be the black chronometer and or the Planet Ocean.
Old 28 June 2008, 08:18 AM   #12
sneakertinker
"TRF" Member

Let's see some more pics...Maybe of the PO's...
sneakertinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2008, 08:30 AM   #13
CPCC
"TRF" Member

Any titanium Chronographs coming out this year?
Old 28 June 2008, 09:12 AM   #14
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakertinker View Post
Let's see some more pics...Maybe of the PO's...
Will do, check below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPCC View Post
Any titanium Chronographs coming out this year?
Not too sure but one thing I believe is that not all of the watchs are shown in this book.
Old 28 June 2008, 09:57 AM   #15
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
I'm not a fan of ltahe orange...

I also don't care for any of the 007 badging...I just think it's tacky...
Old 28 June 2008, 11:38 AM   #16
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I'm not a fan of ltahe orange...

I also don't care for any of the 007 badging...I just think it's tacky...
I am not too fond of the orange myself either. The Phelps one looks nice in the light up displays at some AD's but nothing I could see on my wrist.... The Planet Ocean line in general never appealed to me personally.

007 stuff yeah..... Can see why some watch lovers, fans and collectors would lovd it but for me personally there is no way. Would only buy one if it was pre owned from a friend who was selling it REALLY cheap, just to have it in my collection.
Old 29 June 2008, 01:43 AM   #17
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
dark

The lone (dark) dissenting voice (mine).................I suppose.

The new 007 looks cool. It's different...............

Not as "Franck Muller" different..............but still can tell it apart from previos models.

If the price makes sense, I would buy the new limited edition 007, although the 2254.50 would serve the same purpose.
DARK_KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2008, 04:57 AM   #18
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah I know what you mean. Considering the actual one Bond wears (the non 007 edition) can be found pre owned later down for a good price which I now it will be, i'll buy one. But have no plans on buying any more Omega's brand new ever.
Old 29 June 2008, 06:05 AM   #19
Ursa Major
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. Considering the actual one Bond wears (the non 007 edition) can be found pre owned later down for a good price which I now it will be, i'll buy one. But have no plans on buying any more Omega's brand new ever.
Given the rapid depreciation on new Omegas (I've bought two near-new for around 50% of retail) and the transferability of the warranty (unlike Rolex), I have to agree with you. Then again, at 30% off MSRP, a new one can be a pretty decent deal. In general, Omegas are a bargain if you like them.

I knew the 2254.50 wasn't in the new catalog, I wasn't aware that the blue Bond SMP (2220.80, I think) was also being discontinued in favor of the black non-wave dial. I think I'll have to pick one up - it's one of a few Omegas I consider sort of "iconic" that I want to have in the collection.
Old 29 June 2008, 06:15 AM   #20
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Major View Post
Given the rapid depreciation on new Omegas (I've bought two near-new for around 50% of retail) and the transferability of the warranty (unlike Rolex), I have to agree with you. Then again, at 30% off MSRP, a new one can be a pretty decent deal. In general, Omegas are a bargain if you like them.

I knew the 2254.50 wasn't in the new catalog, I wasn't aware that the blue Bond SMP (2220.80, I think) was also being discontinued in favor of the black non-wave dial. I think I'll have to pick one up - it's one of a few Omegas I consider sort of "iconic" that I want to have in the collection.
Yea depending on the buyer, for a first time buyer I would do the 30% off at the AD. For someone like me who has one bought new with all packaging, ordered the tag and COSC Certificate from Switzerland it won't matter one bit to buy some used even if they do not have the box once they are authentic. Good way to add some variety to one's collection also.

Yes it is iconic, that was created in 1994 I believe and used in the bond movie. It got more and more well known / popular and well... to say the least i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad to have one with all the accessories. Even if they still make them a little longer it adds to the value as it is the production year before the black dial black bezel one came. The black on black looks so much like the Submariner from far. With the way Omega is boosting their brand and playing the Rolex game they are good to have for the long run in terms of possible growth as the collectors decide what the value is based on what they are willing to pay.
Old 29 June 2008, 12:08 PM   #21
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Icon15

RW1660,

Now that is well written (as far I am concerned). I would prefer to buy a PRE-LOVED, all most new, like new, etc.......and save 50% (more or less).

I like to buy, sell and trade so much that it doesn't make any sense to me, to have to buy new. I care the most about it being authentic (genuine).........and it being in very good condition.

I am not attached to any watch I have (so much) as to not consider getting rid of it to make room for something else. And it's not like I need the money from one to buy the other..............but the damnest thing happens to me. I do my research, decide to buy, then I jump in.............later on, I see a watch on someone elses' wrist and I then find mine BORING or not as cool as I originally thought.

So it goes.........................
Old 29 June 2008, 12:48 PM   #22
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
RW1660,

Now that is well written (as far I am concerned). I would prefer to buy a PRE-LOVED, all most new, like new, etc.......and save 50% (more or less).

I like to buy, sell and trade so much that it doesn't make any sense to me, to have to buy new. I care the most about it being authentic (genuine).........and it being in very good condition.

I am not attached to any watch I have (so much) as to not consider getting rid of it to make room for something else. And it's not like I need the money from one to buy the other..............but the damnest thing happens to me. I do my research, decide to buy, then I jump in.............later on, I see a watch on someone elses' wrist and I then find mine BORING or not as cool as I originally thought.

So it goes.........................

Thanks and yes buy low sell high is the idea. For Omega watches it is not so much sell high for the short term, but take less of a hit on depreciation. This is why many lease brand new exotic cars instead of buy cash... To avoid that major hit on depreciation. Regardless to how much money one may have, if they do not feel something is worth it they would not pay it. People with money normally are smarter with how they spend and invest. Would anyone here pay $10.00 USD for 1 can of Pepsi because you banked a lot of money? No I would assume lol. A bit different but the same general idea here.

Some people do not have any desire to own multiple watches. Me though I do and part of my fun is opening up my safe and looking at them, the packaging and papers etc. Gives me that kid in a candy store feeling Would buy many other vintage or new without the box once it is authentic indeed with no worries.

Truly do not need more than you can wear, so it would be logical that some sell their current watch to trade up just to as you say make room for the new. Although i'm a multiple watch type person I only wear 1 all the time, so in a way i'm still a 1 watch man at heart
Old 29 June 2008, 01:01 PM   #23
SUPERDOC
"TRF" Member

Have to say I love the SMP on black...but I'd prefer that it not have the 007..

also...you have to flip to the page with the X2 deville....on distressed crock strap...That is a gorgeous watch...

I've been waiting on a call for that one for a week now..
SUPERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2008, 01:14 PM   #24
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Icon14

My general practice is I don't go past 5 watches (quality). I would keep them and buy five more, but I just usually don't maintain interest in them. Except for a nice Cartier, which I consider to have a very high level of elegance, but such a low price. Generally speaking you can get a very nice one for under $13,000.00 , versus say a RICHARD MILLE...........for $55,000.00 .

As soon as I get bored with my new Franck Muller............I will jump on a CARTIER ROADSTER.

I am currently looking to buy {within the next 48 hours } a SMP 2254.50 (after reading about it here).

I am expecting not to pay above US$1,800.00 any experience out there?
Old 29 June 2008, 02:17 PM   #25
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDOC View Post
Have to say I love the SMP on black...but I'd prefer that it not have the 007..

also...you have to flip to the page with the X2 deville....on distressed crock strap...That is a gorgeous watch...

I've been waiting on a call for that one for a week now..
Yeah the 007 only appeals to some. The Vice president at the AD was wearing the Planet Ocean 007. He showed me and I do not like the numbers on the second hand but could respect why some would like that.

Oh yes I did see that one, nice watch there. Straps are great but for me I do not like them for daily use. Because of the obvious like water etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
My general practice is I don't go past 5 watches (quality). I would keep them and buy five more, but I just usually don't maintain interest in them. Except for a nice Cartier, which I consider to have a very high level of elegance, but such a low price. Generally speaking you can get a very nice one for under $13,000.00 , versus say a RICHARD MILLE...........for $55,000.00 .

As soon as I get bored with my new Franck Muller............I will jump on a CARTIER ROADSTER.

I am currently looking to buy {within the next 48 hours } a SMP 2254.50 (after reading about it here).

I am expecting not to pay above US$1,800.00 any experience out there?

5 watches is a decent number indeed. Cartier does make some great watchs, like any brand some of their collection does not appeal to me at all but that is expected. Compared to Richar Mille they are a bang for the buck luxury watch that sacrifices no prestige. Out with the old, in with the new is excellent and truly a great way to own as many watches as one desires in their lifetime
Old 8 July 2008, 06:09 AM   #26
nlpamg
"TRF" Member

wow, I love the way the new Seamasters look!

I have the original Bond Seamaster and I'm thinking of getting one of the new ones now... crap.
nlpamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2008, 06:19 AM   #27
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
wow, I love the way the new Seamasters look!

I have the original Bond Seamaster and I'm thinking of getting one of the new ones now... crap.
Do what I am doing, getting it pre owned after my GMT Master IIc and Submariner with ceramic bezel Do not want another one new but it is so tempting is not not?
Old 11 July 2008, 06:05 AM   #28
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Well today I went for a little drive and decided to go into this local mall. They have an Omega AD there and to say the least they provided the royal treatment and was impressed. Spent quite some time in there getting catalogues from Tag Heuer (the new hard cover one), Baume & Mercier, and the 2008 Omega book. The salesman insisted I take them to have a look and see if anything catches my eye so what the hey. They now have the new SeaMaster as some of you may already know. The watch is the exact same but the dial and bezel insert are black like the 16610 Submariner. Take a look and sorry if some of those pictures came out a bit blurry.

Well guys here it is in the flesh, picked up both the new release and the casino royale version today from my local AD, sorry ab obout the pictures guys they are not great!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seamaster004.jpg (43.8 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg seamaster005.jpg (42.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg seamaster002.jpg (47.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg seamaster003.jpg (40.8 KB, 85 views)
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2008, 12:09 AM   #29
sneakertinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
Well guys here it is in the flesh, picked up both the new release and the casino royale version today from my local AD, sorry ab obout the pictures guys they are not great!!
Not bad...I do however prefer the non LE version...Actually I'm prob going to get the Chrono version...I love the comfort of the bond strap and that just seals the deal for me on that one...
sneakertinker is offline   Reply With Quote