The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 May 2016, 01:33 AM   #61
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
To answer your question Arnoud, no a Patek movement usually doesn't look that rough, which you probably already know because you have owned PP watches.

Can we now please quit the BS shake each other's hands and get back to watches. We're all adults here...
Sorry Bas

anglosaxons

Old 14 May 2016, 01:47 AM   #62
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
Lapince, apparently you just make it up as you respond. Read your first post, you said the Patek finishing is shameful, if that isn't making a statement I don't know what is. What about your post saying you were going to Basel, you had tickets etc. and then we never hear another word about it, no pictures, nothing. Is it my imagination? You also recently posted about the 5960 1A being available for 30K USD as if it were a fact and when questioned about it and told you were wrong you make more excuses. Now you refer to Paul as Texmex, say your English is that great and post comments about a supposedly confidential PM you received and make excuses about that too. You're very entertaining to say the least. Have a nice weekend and don't forget to take your meds.
Did you see the pic??? It is shameful, how could one think otherwise, that finishing was horrible, I didn't say it was all the time the case as I asked if it was a QC error or normal, so yes my statement was that the pic was awful, but I made no statement saying that it was all the time the same, I was merely asking if it was.
About Basel if the member and friend in Zurich who I was supposed to stay with will tune in, i don't want him to as he is quite discreet on this forum can confirm, will PM him about the thread he will decide to confirm or not, I was in Paris with 39.5 degrees celsius flu for 5 days, but since I was staying at him I had bought him in advance his ticket as a gift and I told him to use my ticket to give it to a watch lover who had very small financial means, the last one wanted to make me a present and my friend wanted to refund me the money I refused both, yeah I know I am a horrible person, I was very disappointed as I really wanted to go but was in no shape to leave my bed and if I was I couldn't risk contaminating his twins who are about 2 years old with my serious flu, just sent him a message, I don't want to put his name here but I think he should come in...
Paul refers to me as Lapence instead of Lapince, which makes me think of an english pence, which would mean I am a cheap or poor man, maybe I am, again he asked for it after all the obnoxious remarks, it is systematic after all, you didn't notice my avatar, there is also a relation, I am quite a peaceful guy but after a while I get tired of being attacked, and I have been very very patient until now.
About the 5960K I NEVER said for 30k, I said for around 40% less, and someone said that they are not available for 30k, and I put a link to Chromo 24 where there are 2 new ones at 32 and 33k in euros, but read again I never said 30k, just said for about 40% less
I am not at all making excuses about the PM, I just explained that it wasn't meant from me as against al americans, that it was just the image Paul was giving to some other members since one wrote me this.
Not saying my english is great or bad, just that maybe it is since you absolutely don't understand most of what I am writing and complain I don't use punctuation and things like that, sorry if I was speaking only 1 language as most people I am sure it would be much better
Oh yeah I'll take my meds , but at 44 I don't take a lot, maybe others should, and yeah I'm entertaining and again most members enjoy reading my posts, sorry if you don't
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2016, 01:51 AM   #63
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To answer your question Arnoud, no a Patek movement usually doesn't look that rough, which you probably already know because you have owned PP watches.

Can we now please quit the BS shake each other's hands and get back to watches. We're all adults here...
Well as always words of wisdom come from Bas which is one of the members I respect the most on this forum, I am serious, and he is one of the youngest, which means wisdom doesn't always come with age, I have my big part in it but I am tired of being attacked by "people" who think of me as a kind of liar about watches I am getting, one would think I never made all the incoming threads I made, 9-10 to be exact, so I will say it one last time, 2 orders with deposit have been made to a Patek AD, and you will see later on, just look in the "what Patek are you wearing today" thread as this has disgusted me so much that there will be NO INCOMING thread on my behalf, will just post a pic from time to time there of my new time pieces when I have them, so thank you for being the only one, really, after a good 2 filled pages, who answered my question, which was is a Patek movement supposed to be like that or was that a QC failure, and I have already owned 2 Pateks but I never ever looked on the dial or movement with even a normal loupe, so that is why I was very very surprised to see that kind of finishing, even on a "basic" 240 which apparently it is :thumbs:
Thanks for your wise intervention Bas, some of us should learn from your wisdom or take our Alzheimer pills I don't know exactly which it is
Old 14 May 2016, 02:16 AM   #64
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Sorry Bas

anglosaxons

Well yes it is the historical term or do you prefer the term WASP (white anglo saxon protestant)?
Old 14 May 2016, 03:17 AM   #65
de66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
I wouldn t compare a mass produced-even if it s called manufacture- watch to an indy , i personally appreciate the works of Mr. Dufour but I doubt I d buy any since I ve no clue what happens if the master pass away , who will service it where comes the parts what needed eventually. Under regular magnification( up to 10x) I m really happy with the finishing of my PP eben with my Rolexes i won t go beyond .
I agree with this completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
Apples and oranges I think. One of the pages referenced links to an interview with PD that covers it pretty well I think.

http://www.europastar.com/1000476650/

It's beautiful as a work of art, but as far as ownership goes, in my humble opinion, the law of diminishing marginal returns apply. I am perfectly happy with an imperfect AP, PP or Rolex.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by el1125 View Post
Dude, you continuously bash Patek on the subforum. Why are you even here if you dislike Patek so much?
Remember a forum is there to exchange our thoughts and opinions, we do not have to like and agree to everything that is posted.

Quote:
The pateks I've held were all perfect to the naked eye and even with 4x magnification. Yes Philippe dufour is nicer in terms of finishing, but does someone ever look at their watch with a microscope?
Well thats the essence of it isnt it? I dont carry a microscope with me either, occasionally a 10x loupe but thats about it. What additional excellent finishing I cannot see with the naked eye is not something I personally would be ready to pay the difference in price for

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
Patek is a mass produced wristwatch...nothing really surprising eh?
Well, yes and no. Its surprising that one can manage to mass produce and still turn out exquisite products of a quality and finish that imo can easily pass as being hand made.
I have seen hand made LV (Alma) products where the stitchings were clearly off and wonky. As if made by apprentices, but still the sales personnel tried to convince me that this was because it was "hand made".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
I doubt Arnaud needs my advocacy but since he is one of the friendliest guy around let me to do that , I think his point is that in the price range what Patek represents and the communication in regards the best quality they offer we as humble customers are slightly surprised that there are other contenders who can provide even better though I d never change the magic of the bleu Nautilus dial from any movement finishing I ve ever seen.
I think this was the gist of it Gus

Quote:
Well, I guess "between us" means something different to you

This should have stayed a PM, quite unnecessary, irrelevant and ignorant of course
Between us? We are a big happy family here on the forum Gus
Arnaud is also one of the only guys I read on the forum who has his heart on his tongue (agreed, not always the best idea, lol)

Quote:
He may be the friendliest guy around but he can't write a coherent sentence, almost never uses punctuation, rambles incessantly, and interjects irrelevant comments in threads that have nothing to do with what the OP is talking about. How many times do we have to hear about his buying a 5712, where he is buying it, what a great discount he's getting, how he's been waiting for years because it's unavailable etc. Now he comes up with this ridiculous comparison on finishing and uses pictures that are ten years old to illustrate his lame opinion. Like I said in my previous post in this thread his experience is so limited it's impossible to take him seriously. Most of the so called information he claims is fact is erroneous. If you enjoy reading his posts fine with me.
Cmon, are we judging members by their command of English now? Whats next? The way they dress?
Arnaud is one of the few guys on this forum who openly lets us into whats going in his life. Is seems to includes rapid changes, ups and downs. Give him some credit for sharing and trying to communicate in a language that is not his own.
If you dont like his posts, just ignore them. Nobody on this forum can force anybody to read anything

Quote:
Lapince, apparently you just make it up as you respond. Read your first post, you said the Patek finishing is shameful, if that isn't making a statement I don't know what is. What about your post saying you were going to Basel, you had tickets etc. and then we never hear another word about it, no pictures, nothing. Is it my imagination? You also recently posted about the 5960 1A being available for 30K USD as if it were a fact and when questioned about it and told you were wrong you make more excuses. Now you refer to Paul as Texmex, say your English is that great and post comments about a supposedly confidential PM you received and make excuses about that too. You're very entertaining to say the least. Have a nice weekend and don't forget to take your meds.
I did actually see his Baselworld tickets :-)
About 5960 pricing I dont know. The lowest I have seen was an asking price of around the 35.500$ mark. The 30.000$ was the lowest estimate in a Christies auction, I think in 2015 ( but that watch was finally sold for 37500$ but cant recall if this was incl auction fees.

I think the back and forth between Paul and Arnaud goes back a while. Paul seems more than capable of sticking up for himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
Cosmically stupid thread as usual. Bravo.
love the "as usual"....

Quote:

Concise and to the point

Quote:
Sorry Bas

anglosaxons

Good on ye Gus. A true Gentleman

Oh and the thing about Americans...I personally like em, I love the country and I love what they and it (generally) stand for.
It has been that way from before I set foot on land over there. It has been that way through the Bush years and it will be that through the Trump years (if he will still let me in).
That is not to say that there are people officially representing the USA abroad in ways that dont come across well, luckily for me I dont attach value to their words.

In the end its all what is: opinions.

I for one like Arnauds postings. I also like Pauls replies. For me its nice soap opera
de66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2016, 07:00 AM   #66
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by de66 View Post
Between us? We are a big happy family here on the forum Gus
Arnaud is also one of the only guys I read on the forum who has his heart on his tongue (agreed, not always the best idea, lol)

Arnaud is one of the few guys on this forum who openly lets us into whats going in his life. Is seems to includes rapid changes, ups and downs. Give him some credit for sharing and trying to communicate in a language that is not his own.
If you dont like his posts, just ignore them. Nobody on this forum can force anybody to read anything

I did actually see his Baselworld tickets :-)

It has been that way from before I set foot on land over there. It has been that way through the Bush years and it will be that through the Trump years (if he will still let me in).
That is not to say that there are people officially representing the USA abroad in ways that dont come across well, luckily for me I dont attach value to their words.
LOL You know that to be honest I am more open and honest about many things here than I am in real life, I figure that in real life people can be jealous and hurt you, here it is not the case, and being here for so long I have developed sympathy for a few members, of course I would never say these kinds of things when I first arrived, but it's a little like talking to old friends, except I try to stay more secretive with real life old friends, saw too often than none the effects of jealousy, and for things far less valuable than real estate or even 20k watches, no one really knows in my family or friends what I really do, at least not all of it, at the same time here also but still you know more than most real life people. About watches as I already stated I don't tell anyone except one friend, even he doesn't know how many I had and their value, only you guys know that, well still have about 50K in watches if to count retail, but sometimes I do have the impression I am wearing a swatch on the forum when I read the comments, that's why I put that in the "my watch" part, but about the rest as well, basically I don't have a Facebook account anymore, and I don't absolutely want people who could know me to know what's going on in my life apart the strict minimum, but since the majority of people here are quite courteous and for many have a similar lifestyle financially, I prefer to get their opinions than people who know me, yeah maybe not the best idea as you say

I agree, never understood why people who don't like my posts read them and comment on how they don't like them, wow what an effort, 70% of posts I see I don't even read at the moment when I see the subject doesn't interest me, or the watch in question, I have to applaud their self sacrifice, I would never go through those lengths of torture

You saw my tickets? Hum how did that ever happen?

Don't worry about Trump, I think we will still be able to go to the US, if not you still have the sunny beaches of the Black Sea to go on vacation to

Old 14 May 2016, 07:36 AM   #67
de66
"TRF" Member

My apologies to passionata and subtona for mixing the names in my post, I meant
you George instead of Gus when quoting passionata.
Sorry Guys
de66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2016, 07:54 AM   #68
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Sorry Guys
No worries all good company
Old 14 May 2016, 06:21 PM   #69
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Sorry Guys

As Gus said no prob at all mate!

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote