The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2016, 07:20 AM   #1
usood89
"TRF" Member

People on Long Island

If you live on Long Island, NY, who is your local AD or who would you recommend?
usood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2016, 11:19 PM   #2
Wooddog44
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date, TT DJ
Rose Jewelers in Southampton

Quote:
Originally Posted by usood89 View Post
If you live on Long Island, NY, who is your local AD or who would you recommend?
I live a bit east of you, Port Jefferson, and have used Rose Jewelers. They had two stores, Patchogue and Southampton, but closed the Patchogue store a couple of years ago.

There is a Rolex certified watchmaker on staff and he's done good work on my watches but now that the drive is close to an hour east for me (closer to two for you) I have gone the "Send it to Rik @ Time Care" route.

That said I used Rose Jewelers for two "Seven Year" tune ups, one on my Sub the other my wife's DJ, and the work done for me was very good but the turnaround times (5 weeks give or take...) plus the long drive are not ideal...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160226_123010.jpg (49.6 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg 20160324_195938_001.jpg (84.9 KB, 335 views)
Wooddog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2016, 11:22 AM   #3
hoyas490
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I have only purchased from a trusted seller on here, but have interacted with 3 of the London Jewelers stores (Greenvale, Glen Cove, and Manhasset) for a variety of transactions and have had very good experiences with them all. Particularly Glen Cove and Manhasset. I also work with a specific salesman at the Tourneau on Madison Ave in NYC who has helped my brother source a few watches at reasonable prices.
hoyas490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2016, 01:37 PM   #4
RolexBuckeye
"TRF" Member

Before I knew any better I bought my sub from Tourneau at the Walt Whitman mall with no discount. Then I joined this forum and learned a thing or two. Shortly after my family and I bought a two-tone Daytona for my fathers 70th birthday from the same salesman at the same Tourneu for a 15% discount.

That was all back in 2008 and I wouldn't purchase another piece from them again. Most pieces I look at there are dirty and scratched up.

I did recently purchase an IWC 377701 at 18% discount at London Jewlers in Manhasset. I would go back there again although I don't think I would expect the same discount on a Rolex.
RolexBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I also go primarily trusted seller route (Akatakuya mostly), but if I decided to pursue a relationship with an AD it would probably be London Jewelers in Southampton. They've been very nice every time I go in and seem like a small Main Street operation. Of course the price would have to be right though.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2016, 02:24 PM   #6
speedolex
Banned

You'd have to drive an hour north over the Tappan Zee Bridge, but Tarrytown Jewelers has a terrific selection of vintage Rolexes and they do a great job with servicing, they once took 20 minutes to swamp my bracelet, pressure test, etc. while I waited, I'd trust them to do a service on my 16610 when it's time.

Not Long Island, but not too far either.
speedolex is offline   Reply With Quote