The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 May 2016, 01:20 PM   #31
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiancekofb View Post
I'm assuming he has spent more than 50K at his AD. But is in similar situation as the OP.
in all honestly just under that but also my AD hasn't recieved shipments yet. That said, after speaking with them f2f and talking to some other connections I know damn well I'm not first in line
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 01:39 PM   #32
WhatTheDeuce
"TRF" Member

Watch: cha want...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
in all honestly just under that but also my AD hasn't recieved shipments yet. That said, after speaking with them f2f and talking to some other connections I know damn well I'm not first in line

I've spent quite a few dollars at my AD, and I know I'm not first. But I was place towards the top of the "list" without even asking, so chances are the OP got bumped.

Sent from half way through the Kessel Run using Tapatalk
Old 29 May 2016, 01:44 PM   #33
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

There is probably no real way to know unless you are personal friends with your AD. First of all, there is rarely any rhyme or reason to the manner in which Rolex releases their pieces. Other than NYC at Wempe, no one really had any idea when the first Daytonas were going to land and at which locations. I was an early buyer of the white dial Explorer II when it came out and the very small AD with whom I dealt in a very small market had no trouble getting me one (granted it's no Daytona).

I'll also add that I wouldn't be surprised if the first couple of Daytonas went to friends and family of the AD before the list is considered. It never hurts to politely ask. At this point in the game, they really may have gotten none and not know when they may receive another. Once a few start trickling in, ADs start to get an idea of when pieces are delivered and how regularly they will get them. It's still really early and while we are seeing "so many incomings," remember the people here (like myself) are Rolex fanatics. Most of the world has no idea there is even a new Daytona to begin with.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 02:17 PM   #34
Triple Crown
Banned

Saw a black dial at a local AD in Pittsburgh today: Sexy.
Triple Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 02:21 PM   #35
kopykopy
"TRF" Member

#1 on the list for Daytona C. But no call. I think I'm getting backdoored. What to do

I understand the enthusiasm for the daytona ceramic but I think i have to draw the line. It's only a watch but many enthusiasts have treated it as if it is rolex's gift to mankind until they have to be in an AD'S or the salesperson's good graces. When it was announced in baselworld, I gave an AD a call (where I bought 3 rolexes in the preceeding 6 months) and I was told they don't have a list yet because they do not know the pricing but will give me a call when they have the pricing. Well, the call didn't come so I guess they have many more priority customers to take care of. So be it. I am not going to let some salesperson dictate whether I get the watch or not. I will wait a few years for the hype to die down or may even get it used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CURRENT: Rolex Daytona 116520, Submariner 114060, Oyster Perpetual 36mm 116034, Submariner Date 16610LN, Explorer II 16570, Omega Seamaster Professional 36mm 2263.80.00, Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00.

SOLD: Rolex Explorer 114270, Submariner 14060M, JLC Reverso Grand Taille.
kopykopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 05:33 PM   #36
phiberglass
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know how the flow of them come to the US vs. UK? It seems like US was one week ahead of UK. I went to 6 Rolex stores in London this week and only one of them was receiving two Daytonas and they were of course called for already; the rest of the stores had no idea when their allocation would come and thought September/October (could be blowing steam).
phiberglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 05:41 PM   #37
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberglass View Post
Does anyone know how the flow of them come to the US vs. UK? It seems like US was one week ahead of UK. I went to 6 Rolex stores in London this week and only one of them was receiving two Daytonas and they were of course called for already; the rest of the stores had no idea when their allocation would come and thought September/October (could be blowing steam).
The AD I know very well said they havent received their yet (UK) and dint have a clue when they were coming in..
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 11:08 PM   #38
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce View Post
I've spent quite a few dollars at my AD, and I know I'm not first. But I was place towards the top of the "list" without even asking, so chances are the OP got bumped.

Sent from half way through the Kessel Run using Tapatalk
Yeah that's the exact verbiage I got as well. I'm "at the top" I don't take that for a precise answer and I can do math so I'll just have to wait it out and let the cards fall as they may.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 11:37 PM   #39
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
It is a matter of time, if you have purchased over $50k there you should get yours as soon as they get inventory.
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 12:02 AM   #40
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Yeah that's the exact verbiage I got as well. I'm "at the top" I don't take that for a precise answer and I can do math so I'll just have to wait it out and let the cards fall as they may.
LOL. My situation is the same. I know I'm not at the top cause the AD let me handle a black one that was for someone else.
Vipes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 12:14 AM   #41
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
It is a matter of time, if you have purchased over $50k there you should get yours as soon as they get inventory.
How do we get the figure $50000?
Old 30 May 2016, 12:16 AM   #42
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

A sense of proportion might help; this is a mass-produced watch, and less popular overall than the big sellers like the Datejust. That's why Rolex make less of them. What's more, most watches don't go to forum people, and thus we don't know what supplies are really coming onto the market. The ADs won't tell you, ever. Creating a sense of exclusivity and limited numbers is basic salescraft. In the end, we are customers, not 'friends'.
Best to relax; take it easy. It's just a watch. There will be plenty of others in the coming years. Lots of fun ahead.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 12:59 AM   #43
Tique DDS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
A sense of proportion might help; this is a mass-produced watch, and less popular overall than the big sellers like the Datejust. That's why Rolex make less of them. What's more, most watches don't go to forum people, and thus we don't know what supplies are really coming onto the market. The ADs won't tell you, ever. Creating a sense of exclusivity and limited numbers is basic salescraft. In the end, we are customers, not 'friends'.
Best to relax; take it easy. It's just a watch. There will be plenty of others in the coming years. Lots of fun ahead.

When you say "its just a watch". I hear you and I understand and agree. And I have seen many people on TRF with that same description when talking about the Daytona C. But for us to be in this forum talking about purchasing a $12,400 watch. And with the majority of us owning multiple Rolex watches. I feel safe in saying that we have achieved a certain level of success in life. And with that success comes not a feeling of entitlement but more a feeling of being able to get what we want when we want it. So when you go from being able to get what you want when you want it to having to wait in line it sucks. And we are all human. We typically want what we cant have more so than something that is easily attained. Which at the end of the day only helps Rolex and various AD's thrive. And even grey market dealers for those who dont mind throwing a few thousand extra dollars away for self gratification......(me personally i am not paying more than retail for this watch)

Tique DDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 01:57 AM   #44
rk748
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
The AD I know very well said they havent received their yet (UK) and dint have a clue when they were coming in..
I received the call on friday, picked it up today, uk stock from london.
rk748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 02:14 AM   #45
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

I'm not in the market for this piece, but I do have a very good dialogue with my AD. He has yet to get any in Denver.

Patience is a virtue. They may take longer to trickle out to certain markets.
Old 30 May 2016, 02:25 AM   #46
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
#1 on the list for Daytona C. But no call. I think I'm getting backdoored. What to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
How do we get the figure $50000?

OP said have spent close to $50k with his AD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique DDS View Post
Over the past 1.5yrs I have spent very close to 50k there.

Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 03:20 AM   #47
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
OP said have spent close to $50k with his AD:

Sure but he was also the first person on the list! Not sure $50k will guarantee you anything especially if someone who has spent $200k phones today! My gut says he will shoot to the top of the list!
Old 30 May 2016, 05:31 AM   #48
doubleinfive
"TRF" Member

I will wait until my AD begs me to buy one...
doubleinfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 05:39 AM   #49
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
I've spent well into six figures and was first to contact my AD the morning of release. In fact, I "put dibs" on it even before that based on the rumored pics floating around here before Basel.
Friday night I got to handle a 116500 but they wouldn't sell it to me.

I knew there are bigger fish in their pond but it did bug me a bit to have it happen.

All depends on the particular dealer and how they choose to distribute their stock. Most of the time we will never know the reality behind the scenes.

Just wait and keep in contact with other dealers and see who comes through
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 07:04 AM   #50
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space

You probably are getting backdoored. Just like how there is always someone richer/poorer than you, there will be somebody who has spent a lot more than $50,000.
Old 30 May 2016, 07:44 AM   #51
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique DDS View Post
When you say "its just a watch". I hear you and I understand and agree. And I have seen many people on TRF with that same description when talking about the Daytona C. But for us to be in this forum talking about purchasing a $12,400 watch. And with the majority of us owning multiple Rolex watches. I feel safe in saying that we have achieved a certain level of success in life. And with that success comes not a feeling of entitlement but more a feeling of being able to get what we want when we want it. So when you go from being able to get what you want when you want it to having to wait in line it sucks. And we are all human. We typically want what we cant have more so than something that is easily attained. Which at the end of the day only helps Rolex and various AD's thrive. And even grey market dealers for those who dont mind throwing a few thousand extra dollars away for self gratification......(me personally i am not paying more than retail for this watch)

All the same.....it sometimes pays in life to keep things in perspective.......it still is only a watch...
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 07:08 AM   #52
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualman88 View Post
don't feel like you have been backdoored yet. The majority of US ADs have not received their first allocation yet
This is the part that I don't understand. How are some smaller revenue stores getting access before larger stores?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 07:21 AM   #53
Bulliondesk
Banned

They are releasing these very slowly and methodically. I just spoke with the manager of one of the largest Rolex AD's in the country if not the largest in terms of volume sold yearly and he said clients who have spent millions with him will be waiting for quite some time as they are doing the initial release this summer but that is only 2-4 total pieces in 2016 to specific AD's in the US but not all AD's will be receiving their first few until 2017. It may seem as if a lot have been delivered because a whopping 6 people posted theirs but in reality after person #1 and #2 on their respective list get theirs it won't be until later in 2017 the next small batch will be released and then 3,4,5 get theirs and so on after that.
Bulliondesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 07:25 AM   #54
keschete
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
My AD is small and they haven't gotten one yet. I am the only one actually who has ordered one and they know I will pay for the watch as soon as it comes in. They told me it would be September and if sooner than that would be great. I will wait. So I imagine some dealers might be lower on the Rolex distributor list than others.
Old 31 May 2016, 07:36 AM   #55
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Past talking with them about it, there isn't much you can do.
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 07:50 AM   #56
L55HEM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Unfortunately everyone is at the mercy of their dealers and as there is no way to know when they receive they can sell to whoever they want. Saying that spending that kind of money in a one place would put you realistically at the top of the customer pile but of course really close friends and family will always have dibs and realistically the person at the top level of the shop will know someone close who is begging for one or for their own collection. A friend of mine has picked one up this way and annoyingly got it 2 days after asking but of course with the famous line 'don't tell anyone where you got it from'
L55HEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2016, 08:05 AM   #57
L55HEM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Also I think the more you want the watch the longer it seems to take. I bought a hulk a few months ago and eas chatting to the AD that I liked the BLNR but not a massive fan of PCLs and love the glidelock and said if they made a Sub with the same colour dial I'd jump all over it. Got a call less than a week later saying they had a BLNR in which I declined. As fate would have it I found out a few days later on here you could put a sub bracelet on a BLNR which is my perfect combo. Called AD back and third on the list... Typical.... However managed to jump to the top by paying the full price straight away however been waiting 7 weeks now without the watch. Am I top or third?? Wasn't too worried until I walked past AD had a chat with him and he said that he's heard on the grape vine the prices are likely to be going up in the UK in the next few months... I laughed and said ok never mind I've already paid for the watch and he said it's done on the day the watch arrives and if prices are higher I'll have to pay the higher price. Now every day I'm checking messages hoping it will arrive. Absolute nightmare lol. I do have the bracelet though so that's one thing to tick off the list. Just hope I get the watch before it possibly increases in price
L55HEM is offline   Reply With Quote