The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2016, 03:30 AM   #1
kirksingleton
"TRF" Member

Anybody have a bronzo?

I am not a todor fan but want a Pam bronzo. 30k for the Pam isn't in the cards so I started looking at the Tudor. I haven't really seen any on the forum. Any thoughts on the watch? I am hoping for a strong patena like the Pam gets. I am concerned that with the high mixture of other metals that they mixed with the bronze, it won't patina much. I am not really interested in a pale yellow watch. Looks like they are about $3750 now with the trusted sellers. Any help/ info would be appreciated.
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2016, 04:03 AM   #2
mfer
"TRF" Member

Pretty sure they won't patina like the Panerai.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2016, 04:16 AM   #3
beachbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Incoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Pretty sure they won't patina like the Panerai.
I'm thinking the same thing. The Tudor won't have the same look. I wouldn't pay 30k for a bronzo either but I'm pretty sure they have come down a bit in price.
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2016, 04:27 AM   #4
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
I like the pics in this article. Man, that patina is awesome! http://thewatchlounge.com/panerai-lu...ew-bronze-age/
gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2016, 04:30 AM   #5
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
I came very close to buying one this weekend...I just held off since I wasn't confident it would not be up for sale in short order and it'd be better to let someone else who really wants it to snag it. I think it's a great value for the price. Believe the intent is to keep the patina even, not limit it. But I could be wrong.

There is a thead with owners posting patina over time. Not all that old yet, but you may be able to PM those that post what they see:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ghlight=bronze
WAK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2016, 05:02 AM   #6
josephvman
Banned

I started the "Patina" thread for the bronzo, and I think it will patina just fine over time. I like the Panerai as well, but I would prefer it take on the look over years and not weeks. I've got Panerai's and I can tell you that the Tudor is every bit as well-made as any of the PAM's I've owned and the price borders on the absurd in terms of value. I say go for the Tudor and if you find it's not for you there will be no shortage of buyers around here. My AD is telling me that other than the Daytona-C it's the most requested piece they have right now, and I suspect the demand will increase when more people start seeing them on the wrist.
josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote