The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 September 2016, 10:07 AM   #1
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Dial looks 100% good. I don't like the date wheel however. It looks to be white and not have serifs rather than silver with serif numerals.

I did not see the movement photo but the only way to truly know it is a Tudor 2784 and not some other 2784 is to look at the main plate under the dial. They are stamped Tudor. Phony rotors are all over the place for these and they weren't very highly decorated.

Case looks legit as well.

Insert I'm not totally with- that Pearl is not cool but the color and texture of the insert does look good to me (in the photo).

Crystal is aftermarket. Not original and not a service replacement. That really bugs me but may not bother you.

Hands appear to be tritium and are probably newer. The dial plots will lighten up when you wear it in the sun. Mine did.

Enjoy!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2016, 12:05 PM   #2
htbilgic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Doxa Pro 300 NoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
Dial looks 100% good. I don't like the date wheel however. It looks to be white and not have serifs rather than silver with serif numerals.

I did not see the movement photo but the only way to truly know it is a Tudor 2784 and not some other 2784 is to look at the main plate under the dial. They are stamped Tudor. Phony rotors are all over the place for these and they weren't very highly decorated.

Case looks legit as well.

Insert I'm not totally with- that Pearl is not cool but the color and texture of the insert does look good to me (in the photo).

Crystal is aftermarket. Not original and not a service replacement. That really bugs me but may not bother you.

Hands appear to be tritium and are probably newer. The dial plots will lighten up when you wear it in the sun. Mine did.

Enjoy!
Thanks, Jim! I'm putting a picture of the movement below (from the seller's original listing). Also, there are more pictures in this eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TUDO...p2047675.l2557
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l16012.jpg (77.2 KB, 173 views)
htbilgic is offline   Reply With Quote