The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 May 2006, 02:05 PM   #1
zhao-chen
"TRF" Member

Need help with my omega planet ocan

Dear forum members:

I am new to this forum and I am wondering if you can help me out from the problems of my omega planet ocean .

I bought a planet ocean recently, but it seems to have problems.

1. When I screw the crown back in position, it seems I am also winding up the watch. it is correct that I can only wind up the watch when the crown is pulled out?

2. When I tried to unscrew and pull out the crown (turning CCW), sometimes the number in the date window will change too.Is it correct that I can only change the date when the crown is pulled out to position 2?

So, did I bought a defective one?

Thank you very much!
zhao-chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Not overly familiar with the Omega, but it does sound odd.
Try extending the crown to it's last "click" then adjust, move in one click and adjust, then fully in & try closing & opening the crown.
If it still does that, I would say you might have something wrong .
Good luck

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 05:20 PM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhao-chen
Dear forum members:

I am new to this forum and I am wondering if you can help me out from the problems of my omega planet ocean .

I bought a planet ocean recently, but it seems to have problems.

1. When I screw the crown back in position, it seems I am also winding up the watch. it is correct that I can only wind up the watch when the crown is pulled out?

2. When I tried to unscrew and pull out the crown (turning CCW), sometimes the number in the date window will change too.Is it correct that I can only change the date when the crown is pulled out to position 2?

So, did I bought a defective one?

Thank you very much!
Hi Zhao,

Welcome to TRF. In reply to your PM to me, I have sent you full details via PM. Check it out and please feel free to come back with any more questions you might have.

Cheers - JJ

And here you go...just for you!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 06:28 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hi Zhao,

Welcome to TRF. In reply to your PM to me, I have sent you full details via PM. Check it out and please feel free to come back with any more questions you might have.

Cheers - JJ

And here you go...just for you!!

Great picture JJ and a fine looking watch.
Disclaimer please forgive me Ed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 06:31 PM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Disclaimer please forgive me Ed.

LOL!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 3 May 2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
JJ, did you have to post that FUGLY pic? Zhao already has a PO. He doesn't need to see a pic of that ugly monster and you don't have to subject the rest of us to that POS.

BTW, welcome to TRF, Zhao. Glad you found your way over to our merry madhouse.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 11:42 PM   #7
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Quote:
Dear forum members:

Thank you very much!
Welcome Zhao and don't worry about Ed's reaction to the Orange Planet Ocean. He reacts the same way to the fruit.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2006, 11:54 PM   #8
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

Your watch seems to be OK.
Since it is a diver's watch, the crown must be unscrewed before winding, and because of that, when you screw the crown back in you will go through a few turns when you are actually winding the watch.

The crown has 3 positions.
First one out...... wind. Clockwise.
Next pull, second position: Quick set date. Turn it clockwise and it will advance the date.
Third and last pull is to set the time. If you advance it anough, it will also change your date.

Seems to me like your watch is OK. Should be no differend than any other watch that has quick set date and second hand hacking.
Member # 87
SLRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
As the other guys have said, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Except for the fact that you share our Kiwi friend's poor taste in colours, that is!
Old 4 May 2006, 01:35 AM   #10
zhao-chen
"TRF" Member

Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone! I fell so happy to see your inputs. Actually orange is my favarate colour (especially for T shirts), but I prefer black in case of watch or cameras.

I hope there is nothing wrong with my watch.

But I feel like the gears inside the crown will work in the worng zones (sorry for my language).
1, When I uncrew the crown to pull it out, the date was changed. At this time, the crown is not fully uncrewed yet, it is still on the thread.
2, When I screwed the crown up, I was also winding up the watch. But the crown is not in postion 1, it is on the thread already.

I feel bad because it is such an expensive watch and has more troubles than my 70 dollar seiko.

Thanks again.
Old 4 May 2006, 04:38 AM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Hi everyone! I fell so happy to see your inputs. Actually orange is my favarate colour (especially for T shirts), but I prefer black in case of watch or cameras.

I hope there is nothing wrong with my watch.

But I feel like the gears inside the crown will work in the worng zones (sorry for my language).
1, When I uncrew the crown to pull it out, the date was changed. At this time, the crown is not fully uncrewed yet, it is still on the thread.
2, When I screwed the crown up, I was also winding up the watch. But the crown is not in postion 1, it is on the thread already.

I feel bad because it is such an expensive watch and has more troubles than my 70 dollar seiko.

Thanks again.
The best thing for you to do, Zhao, is take it back to your AD from where you bought it and let him examine it too. If he feels it's okay, then ask him to explain to you how it's done and you can then try out the various crown positions right there and then in front of him to satisfy yourself.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Cheers - JJ

Old 4 May 2006, 06:04 AM   #12
zhao-chen
"TRF" Member

JJ, Thanks a lot!

I will contact the dealer to see if I can return it. Thanks!
Old 4 May 2006, 04:49 PM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
I will contact the dealer to see if I can return it. Thanks!
Well, if he takes it back, then I'd suggest you cough up some extra cash and get yourself a nice Rolex!!

Old 4 May 2006, 05:31 PM   #14
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Well, if he takes it back, then I'd suggest you cough up some extra cash and get yourself a nice Rolex!!
Zhao, swap the orange bezel for the green LV!

You might need to 'cough' hard with the cash

Steve
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2006, 05:33 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDIS
Zhao, swap the orange bezel for the green LV!

You might need to 'cough' hard with the cash

Steve
So bloody hard, he might get a hernia!!

Old 11 May 2006, 12:50 PM   #16
zhao-chen
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,

I bought it online. The dealer is from Amazon.com. he is unhappy to return it. Maybe I should not buy such expensive thing from the internet?

I DECIDED TO KEEP THE PLANET OCEAN. It works great and I can live with the small problem.

Can you suggest me several reliable dealer to buy omega from? I want to buy another romega recently. Rolex is too much for me.

I totally had no idea when I bought my watch. I even use google to find the dealer.

Thank you so much for your help.
Old 11 May 2006, 05:21 PM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Hi guys,

I bought it online. The dealer is from Amazon.com. he is unhappy to return it. Maybe I should not buy such expensive thing from the internet?

I DECIDED TO KEEP THE PLANET OCEAN. It works great and I can live with the small problem.

Can you suggest me several reliable dealer to buy omega from? I want to buy another romega recently. Rolex is too much for me.

I totally had no idea when I bought my watch. I even use google to find the dealer.

Thank you so much for your help.
What you really need to do, Zhao, is check out a proper AD in your area and go to him only. Forget about this internet sh!t 'cause it's obvious you don't know the sellers and you're going to be scammed the hell out of your hard-earned dollars.

AD is the ONLY way to go, pal, especially when you don't have proper contacts.

Good luck - JJ

Old 12 May 2006, 02:42 AM   #18
zhao-chen
"TRF" Member

I got it.

It seems not a good habbit of mine to buy everything from the internet
Thanks a lot!
Old 12 May 2006, 04:40 AM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
It seems not a good habbit of mine to buy everything from the internet
Thanks a lot!
You're more than welcome, Zhao!!