The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 November 2017, 09:17 PM   #61
Roy Rolls
"TRF" Member

Nice !
Roy Rolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2017, 10:32 AM   #62
yoniman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116613LB
Sorry to butt in, but this is a very good read

I am just fascinated with the TRF connection

excerpts from http://www.rolexmagazine.com/2017/11...ds-story.html:

My hope is that the watch stays in the family — that it will be maintained, treasured and worn with more pride than a Paul Newman Daytona. But if the SEAL-Dweller ever gets auctioned off, you can count on me to be the first bidder.

On January 1st, 2010, late on a Friday night, he registered an account with RolexForums.com under the username "sdfrog177." He wrote a post mentioning the sale of his Panerai Luminor Marina 44mm and a Rolex Sea-Dweller "triple 6 model (1983-1984 model)." Tyrone wrote that he was looking for a reputable shop in San Diego that is familiar with the value of these watches, and would anyone have any names available? "Thanks, T.W.," he signed at the bottom.

Tyrone received no response. That year, he decided to join Global Response Staff. But after several assignments — and eager to spend more time at home with his family and infant son — he decided that Benghazi would be his last trip as an American security force contractor.

I am writing these lines two weeks after the auction of a rare, discontinued Rolex worn by a good-looking actor with blue eyes reached the highest price in the history of horology — $15.5 million before buyer's fees and sales taxes. And I can't help but think about Tyrone Woods, an American hero, a decorated elite warrior who fought for his country and saved countless lives during his 20-year service. He too was wearing a discontinued Rolex reference model.
yoniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2017, 10:33 AM   #63
Prestige_Swiss
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Congrats. Enjoy in good health
Prestige_Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote