The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 June 2006, 11:54 AM   #1
CANTAFFORDONE

AD purchased 16610LV SUB PROBLEMS????

Okay, I know threads are useless without pics so I will get to the pics as soon as I can use my camera which needless to say chooses to work or not at random......

My new SUB LV... I love it BUT, I wish to itemize the potential problems or just me going mad!!!

1.) Solid end links... my band does not have them, they look hollow.
2.) 93250 the usual serial engraved on both sides of the band near the watch case is absent, only by the steelinox stamp inside the clasp does it say the number 93250
3.) The band seems to be missing links, like 2 or three.... I mean there isnt even one scratch anywhere to be found but I dont get it.
I mean the watch doesnt even fit around the spongy thing!! YOU have to squeeze the bloody hell out of it to get the watch to fit around it.

My last Sub that I owned I had to get it sized and they took off a link atleast to get it to fit around my wrist. COuld it be I'm just crazy?????
I mean the band just feels very light

I hope i'm just being a ninny and nothing more.... Like I said the pics will come when this Fuji camera decides to take pics in focus

Any imput would be gladly appreciated..
BTW yes it was purchased at ben bridge @ the shops of mission viejo....
My serial number has the numbers 666 so maybe its a cursed watch!!!!
CANTAFFORDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Are you sure you got one that was BNIB? Did they perhaps sell you one that had been traded in? Sounds like something isn't right here. But maybe some pics would help.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 12:13 PM   #3
CANTAFFORDONE

Yes BNIB, shipped directly from Rolex then stored in a vault. Has plastic wrapped around everything like it should be, in between the clasp, on both sides of the case etc......

I'm hoping to also hear from the people who own the same watch with a D serial number....
Old 5 June 2006, 12:45 PM   #4
viper
"TRF" Member

everything sounds OK, no worries...
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 01:27 PM   #5
Clifton

I agree with viper. Everything sound in order with your watch.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 01:29 PM   #6
CANTAFFORDONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
everything sounds OK, no worries...

Thank GOD!!!! Next time I will research first then go mad!

After careful research and observation the bracelets do not come stamped with the number 93250 so check.

Next is the SEL caper. I thought it meantevery link was a solid end link but I just learned that it means the link that connects to the case, not individual lnks, those I guess are called hollow center links.

Last the sizing issue, I guess this is how they come. Everything else seems right!

On a side note, the fake I have which is about to be trashed is obviously fake.... I mean Yup, I am so glad I have the real thing and it shows.... You really arent fooling anyone with a fake, so cheers everyone
Old 5 June 2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Don't worry about the 666. This is actually a good number in numerology.
You combine them, 6+6+6= 18, then add these two 1+8 = 9
9 is a great number, happiness and completion.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 04:42 PM   #8
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTAFFORDONE
Okay, I know threads are useless without pics so I will get to the pics as soon as I can use my camera which needless to say chooses to work or not at random......

My new SUB LV... I love it BUT, I wish to itemize the potential problems or just me going mad!!!

2.) 93250 the usual serial engraved on both sides of the band near the watch case is absent, only by the steelinox stamp inside the clasp does it say the number 93250
3.) The band seems to be missing links, like 2 or three.... I mean there isnt even one scratch anywhere to be found but I dont get it.
I mean the watch doesnt even fit around the spongy thing!! YOU have to squeeze the bloody hell out of it to get the watch to fit around it.

My last Sub that I owned I had to get it sized and they took off a link atleast to get it to fit around my wrist. COuld it be I'm just crazy?????

I hope i'm just being a ninny and nothing more.... Like I said the pics will come when this Fuji camera decides to take pics in focus

sweet! i got mine at frederick rubel at the shops of mission viejo...i think your watch is fine
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2006, 04:49 PM   #9
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
The SEL issue? Do recent Sub's (and the LV is recent) come with plain endlinks?
Old 5 June 2006, 09:01 PM   #10
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTAFFORDONE

1. The SEL is the first link between the lugs and is an integrated part of the bracelet. It cannot be separated from the bracelet, unlike the NON-SEL link which can.

2. 93250 is the part no. of the OYSTER FLIPLOCK bracelet that comes with the Sub-date and the LV Sub. It has 4 1/2 links on the '6' side and 9 links on the '12' side...

The part number can be seen on the clasp and on the inner side of the SEL link (you'd have to take the bracelet off for that).

3. As I said you should have 13 1/2 links all up...NOT counting the one FLAT 'S' link.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2006, 10:01 AM   #11
D4UK
Banned

Watch: TT SUB LV GMTII
interesting link count JJ - anyone know how many I should have on my GMTII
as I believe i'm missing one... (bith my subs are as you say..
but the GMT is different because it doesn't have the expanding bracket secton like on the subs.
D4UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2006, 05:00 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4UK
interesting link count JJ - anyone know how many I should have on my GMTII
as I believe i'm missing one... (bith my subs are as you say..
but the GMT is different because it doesn't have the expanding bracket secton like on the subs.
Hi Andy,

The GMT-II is NOT a diver's watch and will not have the extension links.

Unlike the Subs and SD which are fitted with the Oyster Fliplock bracelet, the GMT-II and Exp-II are both fitted with the Oysterlock bracelet.

It should come with 13 links all up - 9 + 6. Remember, this count does NOT include the SEL, i.e. the link that is sandwiched between the lugs. How many links does your watch have?

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote