The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 November 2008, 01:27 AM   #1
Mort
"TRF" Member

Complaints Board on Fake Watches

About a year ago I posted a complaint on the complaints board about being ripped off by Direct TV. It was a long sorted mess.

I sometimes just lurk on that board and see what other things people compalin about. Today I looked at some post for jewelers and watches. It is hilarious to see how many people are complaining about a couple of fake watch on line sites. How deceptive they were our how they were sent the wrong watch.

One post I read was "I had ordered the Blancpain replica and was sent a Rolex replica instead".

a) I would be ashamed to have ordered one of these things to start with.
b) to actually admidt it and complain about it on an open forum.

Basically these people are saying that they support the crime of copyright infringement as long as the order is right or not defective, but if it is wrong they feel these the people who sold them the replicas are crooks. They are right about that. Those companys are crooks and people who support them get what they deserve.

I do not mean to sound harsh, but since I sell luxury products, I hate the counterfit stuff. I do feel sorry for people who do truly get ripped off thinking they are buying the real deal and pay a high price. Still if the price is too cheap, then you run the risk. I can't count how many fake Montblanc's I have seen with people not knowing it because they bought it on fleabay or some cheap website.

Anyway, I just found it amusing.
Stainless DJ II Rhodium with Arabic Dial 116334, Longines RG Master Collection Chronograph Triple Date Moon, Maurice Lacroix TT Masterpiece Triple Date Moon, Vintage Gallet SS Flying Officer Chronograph
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2008, 05:37 AM   #2
delldeaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never kiss & tell!
Icon8 And how 'bout this, too:

So-called watch "fans" on so-called "purist" sites who claim outrage at "fakes" and "replicas," then rationalize blatant copyright infringements or links in support of copyright infringements by claiming "fair use" (yeah, like they are doing academic research for the good of mankind!).

Is building traffic on their sites that important, and they so lazy, that they have to justify picking up others' hard-researched content?

And beyond that: There are some images which go beyond the ordinary, eg, paintings, rare photographs.

Just detailed this myself: LINK

Great Post, Mort.
Old 22 November 2008, 07:06 AM   #3
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
Good post. The hypocrisy and stupidity of some people amazes me. They have no right to complain. They have supported an illegal and imoral industry - they deserve to get ripped off.