The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 March 2019, 12:21 AM   #31
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Buying Pateks is a contact sport. You have to expect to suffer some bruises.
I think applies to several other manufacturers as well.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2019, 03:16 AM   #32
Codik
"TRF" Member

I get a fantastic experience at my UK AD each time. They're not the salon or WOS, so you get a personal experience.
Codik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2019, 03:23 AM   #33
kzou
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
its similar on the Rolex forum

Please someone explain to me why it should be equal? It comes up a lot ...so it's not just directed at this particular post.

Having a solid collection means you have money already and the fact you can even afford the collection you already have means you are unequal by definition to most other people and that is to your advantage. When it comes time to get a hard to get watch, people want all the rich guys to be on the same equal playing field to buy a product only people that are pretty well off to begin with can even afford. Seems odd to me as being in a position to buy such a watch is benefiting from the fact that life isn't equal.

Its rich guys complaining about people richer then they are getting watches and how its not fair.

You can afford the watch to begin with... you already won
This ^
kzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2019, 03:28 AM   #34
kzou
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roovain View Post
No. I'm a senior, and thought I would finally treat myself to a PP, and really like the 5327R.
I'd be surprised if they have restriction on selling a 5327r or g for that matter. Was a tiffany nyc last year and they had both, with the tiffany dial of course. And almost every other patek AD i visit in any city has one. So just wonder in when you're traveling next time. I'm sure you'll find the in person experience much better.

FWIW I've and am still considering that watch, I'm sure it will fit great in your collection.
kzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2019, 07:09 AM   #35
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roovain View Post
But I guess that wasn't enough, as this rude salesperson made it quite clear that he's only interested in selling his watches to hi-end clients who "spend millions with us annually".
Forget 'em, move on. Go gray with Albert. He's the real deal and feel free to ask guys here they will tell you Albert is wonderful to deal with. Known Albert for sooooo many years, he probably sold out of it yet he did a truly INCREDIBLE hard cover book with lovely watch pics.

Albert for sure, and have been a Patek wearer since 1998-ish. Here's a link and below are a few good examples. If he doesn't have it, ask him by Ref# and bet he can get it for you :)

https://www.europeanwatch.com/patek-philippe.html

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 04:49 AM   #36
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
I have not purchased a new watch from an AD in years. Preowned is for me the only way to go. Been buying in that manner for decades. There are very reputable grey or preowned dealers. Waiting a year or more for a particular model is nuts in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 05:01 AM   #37
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo5 View Post
I have not purchased a new watch from an AD in years. Preowned is for me the only way to go. Been buying in that manner for decades. There are very reputable grey or preowned dealers. Waiting a year or more for a particular model is nuts in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I can't afford to pay grey market prices for Nautilus and Aquanauts so I buy from ADs and I don't mind waiting few months for a Nautilus or an Aquanaut.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 07:07 AM   #38
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post
I can't afford to pay grey market prices for Nautilus and Aquanauts so I buy from ADs and I don't mind waiting few months for a Nautilus or an Aquanaut.
Hear, hear.

Same for me.

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 11:50 AM   #39
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

If the interaction with the AD was over the phone, there may have been some miscommunication.

I can't imagine any Patek AD, whether in the US or elsewhere in the world, would not be interested in selling a 5327 to someone, even a new client. Now if you were looking for the 5740, then that is a totally different story. Maybe the salesperson was new and didn't know Patek reference numbers well enough. Salespeople at ADs that carry watches from 40-50 different watch manufacturers, can't always be expected to know all the watch reference numbers from memory.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote