The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 April 2019, 11:24 AM   #1
TimingIsEverything
Banned

Icon4 What do you feel is a good price for new TT Daytona 116503?

Hey all!

Looking at picking up a brand new TT black dial Daytona. Reference number 116503.

An AD quoted me $16,000 out the door, no tax because they’re a state over. Retail is $16,900. I know it’s only about 6% off but I also know discounts on Daytona models isn’t really heavy.

I looked at gray dealers like I do with most other watches I buy and I see around $15,800 as an average price. Picture attached (not my photo, but it is the exact watch).

Any opinions or input is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 92B440A8-2FEE-481B-AE8B-1BCD4128AAF3.jpeg (187.8 KB, 335 views)
TimingIsEverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 01:33 PM   #2
cireok
"TRF" Member

Didn’t even know You can get discounts on Daytona. What state are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cireok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 10:05 PM   #3
jenedla
"TRF" Member

Watch: can't choose
The consensus seems to be that any small discount on a Daytona of any flavor is a pretty good deal nowadays. I concur with your average gray cost as well. If the difference between gray and AD is relatively minor, I have always gone AD.

Do you love it? Thats the question. If you love it and you're getting it at some discount, then it seems like a good enough deal.
jenedla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 10:31 PM   #4
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
it seems to me a good deal offered by an AD.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 11:31 PM   #5
TimingIsEverything
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenedla View Post
The consensus seems to be that any small discount on a Daytona of any flavor is a pretty good deal nowadays. I concur with your average gray cost as well. If the difference between gray and AD is relatively minor, I have always gone AD.

Do you love it? Thats the question. If you love it and you're getting it at some discount, then it seems like a good enough deal.
Good points. Yes, the difference between AD and gray market is relatively trivial. An added bonus is my AD said they will try to obtain a few of the hard to get models for me (at least that’s what they said). Looking at hopefully obtaining a green Submariner this year as well. I figured this would start the “AD relationship process.
Old 7 April 2019, 11:34 PM   #6
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
Given your AD is only $200 more than greys it seems like a no-brainer to me. Plus, you start building good will with your ad for a more coveted piece down the road which you’d forego with a grey.
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 11:55 PM   #7
rod442
"TRF" Member

Yup, if its a watch you want to buy at a price you can afford; its a reasonable deal.

Especially considering todays market and how crazy it can be to even buy certain watches.
rod442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2019, 11:57 PM   #8
t65tampa
"TRF" Member

Yeah, in today's market, that's a good price. And you're going to walk out of there with your name on the warranty card.

It's a beautiful watch. Hope you get it.
Old 8 April 2019, 12:00 AM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
A lot of money to fall into the Daytona hype. I have owned Daytona's off and on again for almost 20 years. I can't tell you that I like the watch more than I like the hype and the fact that I own a Daytona. So I am the same person, somewhat. I purchased a Platinum Daytona with the Diamond markers a few months ago and it did not stay long. For the money on a TT Daytona I could do a lot better in the chronograph world. I prefer my Black Bay Chronograph to the Daytona, I know, blasphemy. Omega makes a slew of Speedmasters, that in my opinion, are better, based on figuring price in. If you really want to know where you are, send a note to a few Trusted Sellers and provide them with the model you are looking at and what they would give you on a trade. That should do it. Good luck.

Last edited by 1William; 8 April 2019 at 12:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2019, 01:31 AM   #10
TimingIsEverything
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
A lot of money to fall into the Daytona hype. I have owned Daytona's off and on again for almost 20 years. I can't tell you that I like the watch more than I like the hype and the fact that I own a Daytona. So I am the same person, somewhat. I purchased a Platinum Daytona with the Diamond markers a few months ago and it did not stay long. For the money on a TT Daytona I could do a lot better in the chronograph world. I prefer my Black Bay Chronograph to the Daytona, I know, blasphemy. Omega makes a slew of Speedmasters, that in my opinion, are better, based on figuring price in. If you really want to know where you are, send a note to a few Trusted Sellers and provide them with the model you are looking at and what they would give you on a trade. That should do it. Good luck.
Good points here. Had an Omega Speedmaster DSOM and was underwhelmed. I’m sure they may be better chronographs out there when it comes to the movement, however I really really love the designs of all Rolex watches. They simply fit my eye. Agree though the price is higher than it should be (as it is with all Rolex lol).
Old 8 April 2019, 01:38 AM   #11
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimingIsEverything View Post
Hey all!

Looking at picking up a brand new TT black dial Daytona. Reference number 116503.

An AD quoted me $16,000 out the door, no tax because they’re a state over. Retail is $16,900. I know it’s only about 6% off but I also know discounts on Daytona models isn’t really heavy.

I looked at gray dealers like I do with most other watches I buy and I see around $15,800 as an average price. Picture attached (not my photo, but it is the exact watch).

Any opinions or input is greatly appreciated!
I'd ask the trusted sellers the list price isnt always the floor. I believe you can get one for low 15s.

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=116503

There are two out there right now.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2019, 01:48 AM   #12
Bluepilot15
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710A
I got offered the white dial from an AD yesterday at 10% off. I didn’t pull the trigger. I absolutely want a Daytona, but the TT just didn’t do it for me. Maybe if they did a rose gold TT with a black ceramic bezel! The TT was at Springers in Portsmouth if anyone is looking. It’s actually tagged at 10% off and obviously no sales tax. Good luck!
Bluepilot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2019, 11:03 AM   #13
TimingIsEverything
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepilot15 View Post
I got offered the white dial from an AD yesterday at 10% off. I didn’t pull the trigger. I absolutely want a Daytona, but the TT just didn’t do it for me. Maybe if they did a rose gold TT with a black ceramic bezel! The TT was at Springers in Portsmouth if anyone is looking. It’s actually tagged at 10% off and obviously no sales tax. Good luck!
Thanks for the information! I will give them a call.