The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 June 2019, 03:52 PM   #31
HappyFish
Banned

If you love the Hulk buy it now! It won`t go down again and compared to BLRO`s or BLNR`s it`s still a bargain! My personal guess is that the Hulk gonna be discontinued soon...!
HappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 03:54 PM   #32
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Had a chance to try on the full gold CHNR a few months back. Amazing watch. However, think I’m in the minority here, I find the steel on the TT helps the RG pop a bit more, so style wise I actually like it just a hair more. But if you have the same holy s**t reaction as the other poster, go for it!
I agree, the TT is hard to beat and is beautiful. The full gold version is no slouch but already owning the TT I would stick with it
Old 12 June 2019, 04:00 PM   #33
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

If you get the full gold GMT, would it be used as often as the Hulk?

If yes, then I'd say go for it. If not, and if the Hulk would see more wrist time, then spend the money on the Hulk.
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 04:24 PM   #34
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog View Post
Lol the Hulk is already at $17,500 if you want a full set with box, papers, cards.

$14,000 will probably get you a incomplete set.
Where the heck are you sourcing your prices at? There are 10 full sets on Ebay/Chrono24 this second for $15k. Be serious.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 04:28 PM   #35
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singslinger View Post
If you get the full gold GMT, would it be used as often as the Hulk?

If yes, then I'd say go for it. If not, and if the Hulk would see more wrist time, then spend the money on the Hulk.
Hard to say....depends on what I wear. Hulk is certainly more casual so can be worn in more settings. That being said, the full gold is certainly a FU watch and I know I'd want to wear that a lot.

I do want both....it's just a matter of what I am able to pick up now. IDEALLY, I'd love to find a Hulk from an AD for list because then it would be a done deal. I can dream....

This wasn't much of a choice 6 months ago....but the craziness of SS pricing has facilitated me to think about this now....because the Hulk could easily be $18k this time next year even if it's not discontinued.
Old 12 June 2019, 04:32 PM   #36
mjr24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I agree, the TT is hard to beat and is beautiful. The full gold version is no slouch but already owning the TT I would stick with it
Yep, TT is beautiful.....and you guys may be right, the full gold might not be as flashy as the TT.

That's why for most it's an easy decision to get the full gold....but I have no issue buying the Hulk and holding on to the TT for awhile longer, too. The TT is that nice.

If I had to sell my TT to get the Hulk, I wouldn't even consider it.
Old 12 June 2019, 04:40 PM   #37
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
Easy one this, full gold, specifically yellow gold :)
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 04:50 PM   #38
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

It all depends on your finances. It's all well and good people taking the moral high ground saying they'd never pay over mrsp, that may not be an option any more for some models. Yes the hulk MAY be discontinued, and if it does then prices will rise, they may also fall one day but if you look at the likes if the Kermit then I doubt they will.

Buy what you want and what you can afford. At the end of the day how wrong can you be....if the hulk drops then so be it. How much can it realistically drop? Are Rolex going to start making loads of them, I doubt it. A car depreciates like hell but we buy them, and that's a given. Jewellery is the same, ever tried to sell a ring that you paid 6k for? Lucky if you get 2k for it!
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 04:53 PM   #39
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Depends how much you'll wear either one of them. If the PM is barely gonna be worn and the Hulk will be a regular, I think the Hulk would be better.

But as somebody already said, if you're doing this through an AD, they might be able to get you a Hulk at retail in the near future if you buy PM now.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 06:05 PM   #40
peterpl
Banned

Put it this way.

If you pay $15k for a Hulk I would almost gaurantee you will feel ripped off and not fully enjoy the watch everytime you wear it knowing you paid double msrp.

Buying a full gold CHNR is a much more logical choice and a much smarter choice. If your grail is the full gold CHNR forget the LV altogether. Trust me I've owned it twice its nothing special after the first month or so.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 08:06 PM   #41
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
CHNR is real...hulk is hype
Old 12 June 2019, 08:10 PM   #42
FreshPrince14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 & 6694
Go for the Hulk

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
FreshPrince14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 08:16 PM   #43
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Who knows if the Sub Date LV would remain available in the future. The RG GMT is new, so most probably it will be ready for you to buy. I'd say but the Sub Date LV.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 08:51 PM   #44
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Don't fall into the Hulk hype. It is easy to be influenced and I am one of the worst at looking at watches here on TRF and the internet and thinking I need one. I just sold my Hulk and made some nice money that was put toward another watch I wanted more. I would go back to the AD and trade the TT and get the PM Root Beer. The sum of the PM is greater than that of the Hulk at 50% over retail. Ask the AD to put you on the list for the Hulk and get one down the road for msrp or don't. There are many other brands that make great products and are fun to own and wear. The bubble will burst and the run for the door will be strong. I believe a lot of the owners of the hot watches will try to sell as their values erode and the market will be full. Go get your PM watch and don't look back.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 08:57 PM   #45
HappyFish
Banned

Listening to the gloomsters is the biggest and most expensive mistake you can do! Just scroll back the value threads with their warnings - all proofed to be wrong!
Old 12 June 2019, 09:08 PM   #46
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I would go for the CHNR. I have the LVc and love it but it is no way a $15K watch, this is just you getting hyped, get the real deal, only get a hyped watch if it is the only watch you want.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 09:28 PM   #47
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Had a chance to try on the full gold CHNR a few months back. Amazing watch. However, think I’m in the minority here, I find the steel on the TT helps the RG pop a bit more, so style wise I actually like it just a hair more. But if you have the same holy s**t reaction as the other poster, go for it!
You are right. Most reviews has stated the TT CHNR pops more than the solid Everose. The TT contrasts the Everose giving it a sharper red hue.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:23 AM   #48
Jg422
"TRF" Member

Full gold!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jg422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:29 AM   #49
Skylife
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Have about $15k set aside right now.

My ultimate lineup would be the 116710LN (which I own), my Navitimer (which I own), a Hulk, and a full gold 126715 CHNR.

Do I buy a Hulk now and save up for the CHNR in the future? Or do I sell my third watch, the TT CHNR, and then put the $15k towards the full gold CHNR?

My worry is the Hulk will keep going up....whereas if I wait on the full
gold CHNR, I think there is a good chance the price drops a little since it’s still relatively new right now.

I know some will say I’m nuts for paying $14k for a Hulk....but it was like $11,500 this time last year. Who knows if it will be $17,500 this time next year and then I’ll wish I had pulled the trigger now.
Buy the full gold CHNR and ask the AD to bundle you a Hulk.
Skylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:30 AM   #50
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Sell TT, but PM CHNR at your AD, which will require more than $20k added, but worth it because make a requirement that he or she source you a Hulk at MSRP (a big savings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:32 AM   #51
shyong
2024 Pledge Member

I'm a sucker for full gold watches. CHNR in gold looks absolutely stunning.
shyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:00 AM   #52
Bigblu10
Banned

Full gold > Two tone any day of the week.
OP if you have the coin, go for the full PM GMT. It is a stunner!
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:07 AM   #53
Londonboy
"TRF" Member

Given some recent threads here on TRF, maybe a different plan of action might work for you

Ask your local AD to bundle the 2 watches that you're considering. If agreeable to the AD, you'll get the Hulk at MSRP, which in the current climate would (theoretically) offset a few thousand $ and trade in the TT

The numbers may not work but it might be worth a phone call/try
Londonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:12 AM   #54
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Get the gold GMT.
Old 13 June 2019, 02:32 AM   #55
coaxial
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, 116610LN
I would go for the gold CHNR.
coaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:34 AM   #56
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
full gold nothing else!
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:01 AM   #57
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Go for the gold!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:05 AM   #58
steve k
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116515LN OF
I wanted a sub LV for quite a while and saw prices going up. I didn't want to pay ADM at first but realize now that $11.5k a year ago is much cheaper than $15k now.

However I saved up a little more and flipped a couple of my steel watches for PM and no longer care or think about the sub LV anymore. Stainless at $15k is do-able but it will never feel like $15k of a watch.

Also while all the Stainless Steel Rolex watches are over msrp most of the PM watches can be had at under MSRP. Which would you rather have? A Good Overall Deal - under MSRP with no tax on a precious metal watch? Or overpay on MSRP for a SS?

For me the choice is clear- Full Everose CHNR..
steve k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:07 AM   #59
HappyFish
Banned

For me steel is pure, TT would like, white gold understatement, yellow gold pimp, everose ga..!
Old 13 June 2019, 03:12 AM   #60
jaychief
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
I bought a Hulk 18 months ago for £8500 it took me a week to make the decision couldn't get it out my head about over paying for this watch, but went ahead anyway.....
jaychief is offline   Reply With Quote