The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 February 2006, 04:03 AM   #31
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Thanks for getting us back on track, Frans. Mansor's informed me that the price of the SEL bracelet vs. the non-SEL bracelet is a considerable difference...like almost 1½ times more.

JJ
JJ, I didn't know you had the choice. My 16610 came with the SEL, period. If I get you back on track more often please warn me, this means I'm getting soft

Last edited by Goodwatch; 14 February 2006 at 04:03 AM..
Goodwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 04:05 AM   #32
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
JJ, I didn't know you had the choice. My 16610 came with the SEL, period. If I get you back on track more often please warn me, this means I'm getting soft
Sorry, I didn't mean you had a choice...just the price difference in case you ever needed to order one separately from a Rolex AD.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 04:10 AM   #33
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You're slipping, Frans. JJ's, softening you up You're becoming a serious poster . It's all downhill from here.
Old 14 February 2006, 04:21 AM   #34
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Sorry, I didn't mean you had a choice...just the price difference in case you ever needed to order one separately from a Rolex AD.
Robbers! $$$$ for 2 pieces of steel. Rolex are sometimes @*&!*#
Old 14 February 2006, 04:25 AM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Robbers! $$$$ for 2 pieces of steel. Rolex are sometimes @*&!*#
The only main difference I see between the non-SEL and the SEL bracelets are the 2 end pieces, i.e. the SELs. The rest is slightly different in that the SEL has a newer style of opening up the extensions with the help of the little 'o' which you push down to release the extenders...

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 09:41 AM   #36
NoVaWatchLvr
Banned

Quote:
The SEL prevents the telescopic pin to bend and thus come free of the holes in the lugs. But I don't know if this is a good thing if you catch the bracelet behind some object. There must be a breaking point otherwise it can become nasty. Whilst in the Army I saw a guy loose a finger when he jumped from the back of a truck because his ring got caught behind a metal strip. (Rings were prohibited). This was NOT a pretty sight The SEL makes the bracelet complete from an aesthetic point of view, but that's my opinion.
This might be the case but I still think based on testimonials from people who have subjected there watches to conditions much worse than anything you and I will see the differences are negiligble.
NoVaWatchLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 10:26 AM   #37
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
ok back on topic!!!!!!

Now, how many people have you heard of not buying a Rolex, because it was to small for their wrist?????? HUH? In my surfing I've yet to hear anyone complain that the braclet was to small and they didn't buy it because of that fact.

What I do hear alot of is your what if's...... ok, what if, I looked at a model Rolex and it came down to not buying it due to needing another link I bet a dollar to a donut the AD would take it into the back and come back out with the link installed at no extra cost.

OK and just why do Omega and Breitling bracelets have the extra room... maybe they haven't done the cost analysis of selling the bracelets with less links and save money on them and just give the extra link to the customer as needed.

Is it possible Rolex has taken the time and studied the market as to wrist sizes and have found the majority of people buying a Rolex fall into the current bracelet standard size?
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 11:23 AM   #38
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Hey, what about unfairness the other way? I've removed all the links on the bracelet and the clasp still sits too close to 12 o'clock. I need one more removable link on the 6 o'clock end to get the clasp centered.
Old 14 February 2006, 11:29 AM   #39
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken
Hey, what about unfairness the other way? I've removed all the links on the bracelet and the clasp still sits too close to 12 o'clock. I need one more removable link on the 6 o'clock end to get the clasp centered.
James, I've got exactly the same problem. It's driving me friggen crazy
Old 14 February 2006, 11:42 AM   #40
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Here we gotta sit and listen to these overrepresented minorities go on about how big their bones are and how they need extra links, while our Rollies be spinnin' round our wrists like merry go-rounds. Well, where's my justice, brutha? Where is it?
Old 14 February 2006, 11:45 AM   #41
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Here we gotta sit and listen to these overrepresented minorities go on about how big their bones are and how they need extra links. Well, where's my justice, brutha? Where is it?
I think it's in the Omega display case, for both of us
Old 14 February 2006, 11:47 AM   #42
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
Awwwwww, guys have you tried putting the watch on the other wrist???? bet it fits fine there... oppps roflmfao!
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2006, 11:57 AM   #43
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Awwwwww, guys have you tried putting the watch on the other wrist???? bet it fits fine there... oppps roflmfao!
Hey Earl,
Old 14 February 2006, 12:00 PM   #44
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Yeah, that's right - WE the ones gotta ride at the back of the bus! We didn't land on the moon - the moon landed on us!