The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 February 2024, 07:05 PM   #61
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
You always copy paste the same message. You have been very lucky with your polishing but I have had two very bad polishing from Rolex RSC and there are countless of posts where the watch came back with a horrible polishing job done from Rolex RSC. So I know you love your watches to be polished and you hate people that prefer their watches to be unpolished but you have to be open minded about that.
Well been on various watch forums for over 20 years plus and myself have never seen anyone posting pictures of like you state horrible polishing job by RSC.So please tell me where to find all these countless posts with horrible polishing jobs,I wonder how many watches Rolex have serviced and polished over the past 20 odd years millions would expect.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 07:10 PM   #62
Daveh777
"TRF" Member

Looks great. Enjoy.
Daveh777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 09:13 PM   #63
domi1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060, BLRO...
great work!
domi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 09:57 PM   #64
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well been on various watch forums for over 20 years plus and myself have never seen anyone posting pictures of like you state horrible polishing job by RSC.So please tell me where to find all these countless posts with horrible polishing jobs,I wonder how many watches Rolex have serviced and polished over the past 20 odd years millions would expect.
I've occasionally seen the pics around the forums.
Not very often though
The other thing is the stories are nearly the same and I fear the most common denominator is service/polish job in a dealer that's approved by Rolex.
There is also the odd RSC job that goes south but it's quite rare.
On reflection, unfortunately there are never any before pics to substantiate the claims of a bad polish job.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2024, 10:59 PM   #65
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Not very often though
The other thing is the stories are nearly the same and I fear the most common denominator is service/polish job in a dealer that's approved by Rolex.
On reflection, unfortunately there are never any before pics to substantiate the claims of a bad polish job.

Someone could start a RSC negative experiences thread and catch these in one location. I have some damage to report but don't care to go first and be blamed by the apologists. Even lol-x has seen what these money-grubbing clowns are capable of.
Old 22 February 2024, 11:06 PM   #66
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I do recall one instance here on TRF, that I believe involved a Daytona, that Rolex ultimately honored the botched polish and replaced the case, to even include the original serial number.

But you are right. The handful that may have gone bad are insignificant relative to the likely millions that have been properly polished by RSC.
After all, didn’t RSC polish the watch from raw metal to begin with before one buys it? So seems we can trust them to polish it before we buy it but we can’t trust them to polish it afterwards.
Old 22 February 2024, 11:13 PM   #67
CaptT
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Not very often though
Agreed, not that often, but it does happen.

Since the question came up, I’ll share that I did in fact own a watch that had been polished so poorly by RSC Dallas (late 2018) - and the previous owner had before pics to verify - that the RSC acknowledged their mistake and to make it right replaced the case at no cost.

Notes from the seller, to me:

Once I received the watch back, I noticed the watch was very, very overpolished….the crown guards were worn down almost to nubs and the lugs were noticeably thinned. I pointed this out to RSC upon receiving it, they agreed, and offered to replace the case free of charge, which is normally something like a $2500 charge.

This unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you think about it) meant that some aspects of the watch had changed:

- the serial number was new/different and didn’t match the original papers, but there was an official letter from Rolex explaining the new serial, and a new service card I believe with the new serial
- the 14060M 2-liner now had engraved rehaut, which wasn’t the case prior to the case replacement

Anyway, by and large Rolex/RSC/ADs probably generally do a fantastic job with the polishing. But poor polish jobs by RSC *do* happen, and if someone has concerns and want’s to forgo a routine polish for whatever reason, good on them.
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 01:49 AM   #68
RolexBuckeye
"TRF" Member

I have a 16610LV M serial from 2008. The watch you purchased looks to be in great shape.

Congratulations! It is a great piece. Enjoy it in good health.

Dan
IWC 377701
Ball Night Train NM1092C
RolexBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 05:46 AM   #69
baamvino
"TRF" Member

This looks totally fine.
baamvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 06:06 AM   #70
MrMercedes
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many!
The watch is very nice! Go for it!!
MrMercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 01:06 PM   #71
James69
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV16570124270
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexBuckeye View Post
I have a 16610LV M serial from 2008. The watch you purchased looks to be in great shape.

Congratulations! It is a great piece. Enjoy it in good health.

Dan
Thank you Dan, could you post some pictures of your M serial?
James69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2024, 02:23 PM   #72
RolexBuckeye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James69 View Post
I tried for the past hour from my phone. It won't let me upload pictures because the file size are too large. Anyone know how to resize pictures on a Google Pixel 8 pro? I tried looking it up online, which suggested to crop the pictures, but that didn't work.
IWC 377701
Ball Night Train NM1092C
Old 23 February 2024, 06:23 PM   #73
James69
"TRF" Member

I downloaded this free app from App Store, downsized the photos to about 700px and uploaded, try it!
Old 24 February 2024, 12:14 PM   #74
RolexBuckeye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James69 View Post

Thank you, I downloaded a resizing app.

The watch has seen 90% of my wrist time since 2008. It was serviced by RSC NY in 2013 with a full polish. Then again in 2020 at Richter Phillips (by an authorized Rolex service watchmaker) in Cincinnati Ohio, declined the polish.

Also, not sure if you can tell but my pearl is cracked. I was asked to replace my bezel insert which I also refused. This watch will not be polished and nothing will be replaced unless absolutely necessary.

Today is actually her 16th birthday. (I didn't set the date last night when I took these pictures.)
IWC 377701
Ball Night Train NM1092C
Old 24 February 2024, 01:17 PM   #75
James69
"TRF" Member

Wow! You remembered her birthday! Must gone through a lot of good time with you! 16 years! Lots of memory!! Thank you for sharing her with us! If any 16610LV lover would like to tell us their stories, please post and share, we look forward to hearing from you ������