The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 November 2023, 02:48 PM   #61
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
Not a Streamliner but my small seconds Moser Purple Haze
LE of 10
I love the clean dial
Purple escapement spring (I think that's what it's called!)

So good! I bet that dial looks incredible under different light. I’m so glad this exists!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 02:55 PM   #62
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy888 View Post
In this interview, Bertrand Meylan mentioned production around 10-12 a month, also mentions will be "unlimited", I assume that means it's a not a limited edition, but limited by production capacity.

https://youtu.be/YU4GECA9Xjw?si=SRNZ0jex2LuuLk0T&t=110

He also mentioned they hoped to achieve 10-12 pcs a month. So best case scenario 12pcs for 12months = 144pcs, worst case scenario 10pcs for 10months = 100pcs.
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2023, 03:35 PM   #63
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

Tried it in Dubai, 12 per month and allocations for 2024 all done. Nice watch but wouldn't spend that kind of money on it.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 04:03 AM   #64
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Received the following response from H. Moser:

“We are sincerely grateful for the enthusiastic response to our most recent release, the Streamliner Small Seconds Blue Enamel. Although this model is not a limited edition, the monthly production capacity is very low and therefore we are currently not able to satisfy the very high number of enquiries. The 2024 pieces have all been allocated and to avoid making commitments beyond this timeframe, we regret to inform you that we cannot accept any further orders. Please rest assured that we will reach out to you as soon as we have information regarding allocations for the year 2025.”
Old 23 November 2023, 04:14 AM   #65
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

I know this sounds like a criticism, but it's really not. Such a nice watch like the Small Seconds, gets snatched up so quickly, that those who can claw and scratch their way to reach for it, just won't be able to without A LOT of patience.

And then, inevitably, you will see examples in the grey market for about 1.5x the retail price or higher.

And then, for most, people will give up trying.

It's an endless rinse and repeat cycle, and of course, not just Moser. This is, unfortunately, our lot in the watch life...unless you are very very very rich. We just can't get nice things I suppose.

Okay, rant over. I am going to aim a little lower and see if prices on the Green Dragon or Chrono drop.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2023, 04:55 AM   #66
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
I know this sounds like a criticism, but it's really not. Such a nice watch like the Small Seconds, gets snatched up so quickly, that those who can claw and scratch their way to reach for it, just won't be able to without A LOT of patience.

And then, inevitably, you will see examples in the grey market for about 1.5x the retail price or higher.

And then, for most, people will give up trying.

It's an endless rinse and repeat cycle, and of course, not just Moser. This is, unfortunately, our lot in the watch life...unless you are very very very rich. We just can't get nice things I suppose.

Okay, rant over. I am going to aim a little lower and see if prices on the Green Dragon or Chrono drop.

Idk man maybe 2 years ago. I would wager you’ll be able to find these second hand at msrp or less by end of next summer. Are there other mosers that sell over msrp?
Old 24 November 2023, 01:44 AM   #67
Dalaruan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Idk man maybe 2 years ago. I would wager you’ll be able to find these second hand at msrp or less by end of next summer. Are there other mosers that sell over msrp?
The Salmon, not by much too considering they're limited to probably a few hundred.

Saw one at around 30% premium, I guess someone took it already, but I think Moser isn't a brand worth paying over MSRP for.
Dalaruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 01:51 AM   #68
Werk782
"TRF" Member

How about the enamel dial? how does it compare to other enamel and seems not the typical technique for other enamel dial too? Wanna hear more comment regarding the enamelling style
Werk782 is offline   Reply With Quote