The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 February 2023, 05:35 AM   #91
MtCamany
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
I was under the impression that these would be available for the "masses" as an entry level...
Yeah…it doesn’t make much sense if these steel models are unobtanium. What other models are there to serve as an entry point to the brand?
MtCamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 05:42 AM   #92
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
My SA who is trying to line up a jumbo for me this year, told me that all the steel Codes have been spoken for this year and that I’m not able to get one. Lol.

I’m actually glad the steel codes are difficult to get. The code deserves some hype.
Steel code is an allocation piece from AP US, Le Brassus, or boutique manager?? I asked for one and haven’t heard anything good/bad yet. Not a lot of purchase history (ROO + RO) but was hoping to add a code this year
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 05:59 AM   #93
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
Okay interesting. Wanted to pick up one as a fun casual piece but I’ll save my push for a code this year for the starwheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Register your interest ASAP as I've heard it's literally AP's most requested reference worldwide. From what I understand, only 400 units will be made.
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 06:32 AM   #94
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
I think it is a great option for someone who wants a sportier dress watch on a strap. The RO isn't for everyone given the industrial bracelet. That's my opinion.
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 07:31 AM   #95
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcows7 View Post
I was under the impression that these would be available for the "masses" as an entry level...
Code production numbers are much lower than RO and ROO. If the "masses" discover their interest in the Code, supply will not be sufficient.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 07:42 AM   #96
Armis
"TRF" Member

Which of the steel Codes are you all hearing from your SAs is the most requested/popular?
Armis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 07:47 AM   #97
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post
Register your interest ASAP as I've heard it's literally AP's most requested reference worldwide. From what I understand, only 400 units will be made.
I would think one of the main reasons to aim for a steel Code now is to stay ahead of the inevitable price increases. I won’t deny this is a factor for me in regards to these Codes.
Old 22 February 2023, 08:03 AM   #98
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

In terms of your preference, how would you rank the 3 colors?
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 09:21 AM   #99
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
Steel code is an allocation piece from AP US, Le Brassus, or boutique manager?? I asked for one and haven’t heard anything good/bad yet. Not a lot of purchase history (ROO + RO) but was hoping to add a code this year
Good question, I’m not sure. Only thing sure is that I’m not getting one
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 09:59 AM   #100
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Which of the steel Codes are you all hearing from your SAs is the most requested/popular?
I'd bet it's the smoked beige dial, not sure if 3-hander or chrono.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 22 February 2023, 10:16 AM   #101
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

I like the simple 3 hander as the subdials are taking some of the beauty of the dial texture. Of course, I need to see this firsthand
Old 22 February 2023, 11:31 AM   #102
jts278
"TRF" Member

My SA mentioned that I should look into the green three hander so I think that might be the most popular at least in HK, I saw the smoked beige in person and it didn't click with me. Will try to see both the blue and green later. I already have the ceramic code chrono, so I agree that they're probably offering first allocations to previous code buyers who actually liked the codes and kept their watches
jts278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 11:46 AM   #103
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

I like the new steel Code 11:59, but when you can buy the gold version on the gray market for the same price, I wouldn't touch the steel version at retail.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 11:46 AM   #104
kimwizzzuuu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post
I'm already late in the game.
kimwizzzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 11:59 AM   #105
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
In terms of your preference, how would you rank the 3 colors?
For me, I can’t get over the beige with ceramic mid case. I think I’d like it with a black strap a bit more. The other two are a toss up. Notably, I have a much stronger preference for the chrono versions.
I certainly am intrigued to see what future steel Codes will be, although likely next year.
Old 22 February 2023, 01:13 PM   #106
Narbeh
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd1 View Post
I’d love to hear how many of the Code detractors have actually held the watch in person. Guessing less than 10% -
bingo.
Narbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:51 PM   #107
digitalR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narbeh View Post
bingo.
Agree. Tried on a 3 hander this weekend and they’re stunning watches. I don’t think these photograph nearly as good as they look and feel on the wrist.
digitalR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:53 PM   #108
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'll ask tomorrow when I pick up my ROC...
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:55 PM   #109
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalR View Post
Agree. Tried on a 3 hander this weekend and they’re stunning watches. I don’t think these photograph nearly as good as they look and feel on the wrist.
Don't you think they do better in WG or RG? I have the RG purple dial (according to my SA, purple is the rarest one and most requested). Saw the green steel chrono and was not that impressed. As mentioned in a previous post, it's much lighter than the RG/WG, which is normal. Something is missing, can't really pinpoint what exactly.
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 01:56 PM   #110
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILGAUSS88 View Post
I like the new steel Code 11:59, but when you can buy the gold version on the gray market for the same price, I wouldn't touch the steel version at retail.
This is exactly my thought. Who wouldn’t rather have gold?
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 02:03 PM   #111
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbees319 View Post
This is exactly my thought. Who wouldn’t rather have gold?
If the dials and undices were the same…
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 02:11 PM   #112
digitalR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
Don't you think they do better in WG or RG? I have the RG purple dial (according to my SA, purple is the rarest one and most requested). Saw the green steel chrono and was not that impressed. As mentioned in a previous post, it's much lighter than the RG/WG, which is normal. Something is missing, can't really pinpoint what exactly.
I should’ve clarified - I tried on the one with WG & pink gold case. Very much liked the heft and presence of it. Not sure how a steel would be in comparison but I’d have expected what you say about the weight / not having the same “special” feel.
digitalR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 02:32 PM   #113
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwizzzuuu View Post
I'm already late in the game.

I asked for one a couple weeks before it came out. Let’s see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2023, 11:37 PM   #114
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I would think one of the main reasons to aim for a steel Code now is to stay ahead of the inevitable price increases. I won’t deny this is a factor for me in regards to these Codes.
When is the price increase?
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2023, 08:09 AM   #115
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
When is the price increase?
Oh, I didn’t mean to suggest I know when the next one is…but we know they will inevitably come. I just hope none for this year at least.
Old 23 February 2023, 02:09 PM   #116
squall1
"TRF" Member

I tried the smoked and green chrono along with the blue three hander earlier this week. My favorite was the green chrono, but the blue is the only one I really didn't like. I can't really put my finger on it, just didn't click with it. I think I'm going to pass on these and see what variations come later, even if it is next year.

These are nice watches though. I think they are going to be difficult to get.

Also tried the starwheel and the ceramic beast. The latter wears much better than I anticipated. I thought it might just be too much shiny black, but it wears well. The starwheel though, wow, just incredible. Sadly, not getting good vibes that I'll be allocated one of those.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2023, 03:10 PM   #117
cornsyrup_bezel
"TRF" Member

if AP has made the code 1159 3 handers and chronos a bundle/hype piece and not an entry point into the brand then full hyp/hart-ification of the brand is complete.
cornsyrup_bezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2023, 03:56 PM   #118
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsyrup_bezel View Post
if AP has made the code 1159 3 handers and chronos a bundle/hype piece and not an entry point into the brand then full hyp/hart-ification of the brand is complete.
Huh?
Old 23 February 2023, 05:16 PM   #119
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
I tried the smoked and green chrono along with the blue three hander earlier this week. My favorite was the green chrono, but the blue is the only one I really didn't like. I can't really put my finger on it, just didn't click with it. I think I'm going to pass on these and see what variations come later, even if it is next year.

These are nice watches though. I think they are going to be difficult to get.
IMHO re blue dial, it is the color they combined the blue with. What I mean, they chose grey along the edge of the dial and along the outline of the subdials to combine with this deep blue color. In contrast the green chrono, they kept the green along the edge of the dial and white along the outline of the subdials. Much nicer contrast. Wish they had done the same for the blue dial.
Old 23 February 2023, 07:01 PM   #120
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
IMHO re blue dial, it is the color they combined the blue with. What I mean, they chose grey along the edge of the dial and along the outline of the subdials to combine with this deep blue color. In contrast the green chrono, they kept the green along the edge of the dial and white along the outline of the subdials. Much nicer contrast. Wish they had done the same for the blue dial.

This
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote