The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 October 2018, 05:28 AM   #1
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
Nope, doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If you care, then take a look at sky-dwellers, I believe they come aligned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amochosto View Post
My Sky-Dweller crown is not aligned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
That's why I bought my RG SkyD, always aligned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHarry View Post
Neither is mine, although it is only a SS model, somebody mentioned that the PM SkyD's crown is aligned "correctly". And by the way, no I wouldn't pay anything extra for a "correctly" aligned crown, whatever that means. A mate of mine tells me his Milgauss crown is pointing to the "12" position, i.e. in a horizontal position.
By the way, why is that only the PM SkyD's crowns aligned "correctly the DD is the Flag Ship watch). As far as I can tell/work out, it has nothing to do with the command bezel, more likely, & I'm no watch maker, the position of the crown tube, after insertion into the case and the orientation of the "male" screw threads, with the "female" crown screw threads, would surly determine alignment.
I think that it's kind of quaint that the crown is "off centre" and not "perfect". I can understand that in the Rolex brochures it will be aligned as a marketing ploy. Some wise guy might suggest that Rolex aren't any good, since they can't get the coronet aligned up/down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R!$ View Post
Sky-D is always straight up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
Rolex decided. In all their adverts and by doing it on the Skydweller.

So now OCD is an insult? lol at you "cool" Rolex fans. I bet if Rolex started to make all the crowns the same as the Skydweller, you "doesn't care" folk would change your tune. Like when Rolex made the cases bigger, added the ceramic bezel, changed the bracelet, went to SELs, etc.

Only PM Sky Dwellers have the crown always up alignment feature. I agree it does define the crown up as the standard. My take is that Rolex must be in financial difficulty in that they haven't made this apart of all their watches. It's a tough market they live in. It's amazing that this topic has over 200 responses. I have a hard time seeing the crown on my watches without the aid of reading glasses. No way I'd notice casually.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2018, 06:21 AM   #2
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Only PM Sky Dwellers have the crown always up alignment feature. I agree it does define the crown up as the standard. My take is that Rolex must be in financial difficulty in that they haven't made this apart of all their watches. It's a tough market they live in. It's amazing that this topic has over 200 responses. I have a hard time seeing the crown on my watches without the aid of reading glasses. No way I'd notice casually.
My eyesight is the same.
Personally i am just thankful our Rolex watches are arguably the most reliable water proof watches on the market. And it's due in part to the patented Rolex Screw down crown as it currently is.

I'm not convinced the PM Skydweller arangement necessarily defines the Coronet up allignment as being the standard, or for that matter even correct.
It does sadly validate it

I thought there will be increased volumes of threads(no pun intended) around the Coronet allignment when the PM Skydweller came out.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote