The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 February 2012, 01:36 AM   #31
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Sorry guys, I'm going with VC here. At this point of horological history, they're becoming much more exclusive, which is the point. The repair costs aren't ridiculous as with AP, more models with less variations is a huge plus also. I just don't get the idea of building a brand around one model, such as Big Bang or Offshore (yes, I am putting them in one category). Furthermore, I am disliking how AP is beginning to sell out their name to rappers and basketball players. You'll never see a Breguet Jay-Z, rest assured. The Offshore Chronos are the same watches in different costumes, and to me it is getting old.

Now to VC - the oldest running manufacture that really stays true to its heritage. The Overseas line is an absolute stunner - especially the Deep Streams... Covers an incredible range of price-points and complication levels. Nowadays is a much better seller than the Offshore, and is getting harder and harder to locate at a discount. VC is beginning to align itself with PP, in my opinion. And the fact that the ENTIRE production for 2012 has been entirely sold-out speaks volumes about its desirability.
Makes great sense to me.
Old 5 February 2012, 03:12 AM   #32
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW View Post
Not offended at all buddy
But speaking the truth VC would't exist if it wasn't for Richemont and for a huge market in China.
That's a big if bro! Same can be said for AP and the hip-hop contingent. I would prefer to rely on the Asian market, it's more steady

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2012, 03:22 AM   #33
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
That's a big if bro! Same can be said for AP and the hip-hop contingent. I would prefer to rely on the Asian market, it's more steady
Just about every luxury product maker relying on the Asian market, is but a heartbeat away.
Old 20 February 2012, 12:32 PM   #34
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSW View Post
Some models from VC is very much on my long list of pieces i'd like to add to my collection.

Such as the Ti Overseas Chrono, and the absolutely stunning 1921....among many others really

Thomas, what are the 3rd and 4th VC you posted here? Beautiful!!!
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2012, 12:56 PM   #35
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Ok, found the 3rd watch is a Quai de I'lle Date what's the next one though? Looks similar, not as busy though.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that Quai de I'lle!!!
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2012, 03:21 PM   #36
TSW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Ok, found the 3rd watch is a Quai de I'lle Date what's the next one though? Looks similar, not as busy though.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that Quai de I'lle!!!
Mike, They are also Quai de I'lle

AP Owners Club
IG @swiss.watch.connection
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote