The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 February 2014, 02:27 PM   #61
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

Dssd between the two. And I've owned both.
Oyster Al is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2014, 04:53 PM   #62
Roselló
"TRF" Member

Watch: * { SD & DJ } *
Daytona hands down........
Old 17 February 2014, 05:07 PM   #63
SixPak
"TRF" Member

I own both and they couldn't be more different. The Deepsea is bold and brash whereas the Daytona is elegant and alluring. One has immense wrist presence while the other is more dressy and supremely comfortable on the wrist. Which one do I prefer? Both.
SixPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2014, 07:54 PM   #64
Jeffa32
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust II
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
Here we go again...... two watches that seem to bring out the strongest polar opinions, and very different watches.

My thoughts, which will probably match to every thread:

First and foremost both are robust and will happily live as your daily watch for say the next 40 years give or take.

Some will argue but the best way to think about is, the Daytona is more a dress watch that goes well with suits, dressing up or down. The DSSD is more of a tool watch and is probably the most true/extreme sports watch Rolex make.

The DSSD may be an issue if you have a smaller wrist, if you have a big wrist the Daytona may look small (or so some say).

+1 Well Said

The Daytona particularly in TT or pure gold form, will scratch a bit on the bezel and bracelet, if that worries you then SS should be the choice.

Some seem to have issues with the thickness of the DSSD (refer comment about suits) and a few dislike the writing around the dial.

Ultimately buy what you like both are cracking watches, both can be easily re sold particularly as a SS Daytona. First ask yourself what you are going to be wearing with the watch (i.e business shirts) if not then the DSSD would be fine, for me it would drive me nuts if wearing it to work, but others may say it is fine. As I said if you want something that dresses up and down Daytona is the way to go, if you are more a sports watch guy and dont wear tight buttoned shirts DSSD, the fact it is an EVERYDAY watch means you have to think closely on it IMHO.

For me Daytona was the answer but I also own a Sub, but would never want the thickness of the DSSD, mr wrist are normal size and I need a watch that fits with my work dress code.
+1 Well said sir !!
Old 17 February 2014, 08:14 PM   #65
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I had the same delima substituting the dssd for a sub. I ended up getting both within a month. Go with the one that looks best on your wrist. I don't dive nor use the chronometer functions. I prefer sports watches.
Old 17 February 2014, 09:44 PM   #66
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
2 door coupe or SUV?

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote