The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 23 May 2012, 07:15 PM   #121
dsio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680 '79
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryCA View Post
One also must not forget that Zuckerberg was a hacker.

He may lack business sense but somebody was whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Everyone wants some of that FB money. Heck, I want it too.

To make it all up to us, the shares of the company should have been shared amongst FB members.
lol... so was Steve Jobs, first product he sold was a device for making free long distance calls and defrauding phone companies.
-- Rolex Submariner 1680 "Ghost" '79 --
-- Rolex SS Daytona 116520 '04 --
dsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2012, 09:30 PM   #122
HenryCA
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
lol... so was Steve Jobs, first product he sold was a device for making free long distance calls and defrauding phone companies.
true but Jobs actually had a vision of where his products are going.

Zuckerberg's vision is probably selling info to government and ad agencies.

BTW...I love your watch in your avatar. I love how the bezel has aged to that color. I would buy that aged bezel if it's for sale...:D
HenryCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2012, 11:35 PM   #123
watchf
"TRF" Member

$31 down 8.9%
May 22, 2012 Market Closed

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/fb
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2012, 11:45 PM   #124
GothamG8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionstorm View Post
That's a serious allegation. The US government does not look kindly upon "imaginary" revenue numbers. Links to this, please?
Unless they are the ones that are making them up, then it's just SOP
GothamG8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 12:36 AM   #125
dsio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680 '79
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryCA View Post
true but Jobs actually had a vision of where his products are going.

Zuckerberg's vision is probably selling info to government and ad agencies.

BTW...I love your watch in your avatar. I love how the bezel has aged to that color. I would buy that aged bezel if it's for sale...:D
Thanks, but I'm probably going to hold onto it for life, I've actually had some good offers for the bezel while by contrast the dial with its damaged lume is worth almost nothing, but since its all original I'm just going to leave it the way it is ;)
-- Rolex Submariner 1680 "Ghost" '79 --
-- Rolex SS Daytona 116520 '04 --
dsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 12:59 AM   #126
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
Lawsuits have already begun:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...130237689.html
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 02:34 AM   #127
HenryCA
"TRF" Member

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
Thanks, but I'm probably going to hold onto it for life, I've actually had some good offers for the bezel while by contrast the dial with its damaged lume is worth almost nothing, but since its all original I'm just going to leave it the way it is ;)
no worries.

An answer that I expected.
HenryCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2012, 03:45 AM   #128
MoBe
"TRF" Member

FB just went below $30 today as we slowly head our way toward finding out what the market really thinks it`s worth,I`m not even going to guess except to say that I`m sure the short selling on this is going to be huge now that options are available.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2012, 03:47 AM   #129
GMTGuy1675
Banned

Watch: vintage Rolex GMT
lol @ facebook. Fraudulent fad exposed.
GMTGuy1675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2012, 12:22 PM   #130
GothamG8or

One thing that may keep some shorts a little honest (and by honest I mean balls out feeding frenzy) is that from what I understand Nasdaq shortened up the time requirement for FB inclusion in its affiliated indexes.

Someone should check me on this but I think it was 1 year but FB is only 3 months. There an index fund etf etc that tracks an index FB would be included in will have to buy it. Does that change FB intrinsic value? No. But does it prevent a full fledged short assault? Possibly. As pointed out above, the options going live today did the common no favors.

As tired as I am of hearing about FB, I admit I can't help but watch .... and opine apparently HA!
Old 30 May 2012, 04:31 PM   #131
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamG8or View Post

As tired as I am of hearing about FB, I admit I can't help but watch .... and opine apparently HA!
Like a train wreck, one can't help looking...

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2012, 05:39 PM   #132
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
Like I said, with 3-4x's over subscription it is not uncommon to release additional shares.....

I would say we'll see north of $80 day one and maybe much, much higher.

Great advise there! If I followed it I would had lost my shirt!
johnbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2012, 11:36 PM   #133
watchf
"TRF" Member

$ 28.84 / Down 9.62%
May 29, 2012 Market Closed
watchf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 01:14 AM   #134
MoBe
"TRF" Member

As far as I can tell so far,GM is the only one to have figured out that advertising on FB doesn`t work,there are sure to be more such conclusions to come.

Until investors can see where revenue growth is coming from here there will be no confidence in FB management and share price will continue to decline.

This slow motion train wreck has a ways to go before it comes to a stop and maybe then investors will be able to pick up some salvage value.
Old 31 May 2012, 04:26 AM   #135
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
But where has the 40 Billion $ gone?
Old 31 May 2012, 04:26 AM   #136
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Oh, that's right, it wasn't there to begin with.
Old 31 May 2012, 06:11 AM   #137
Timber Loftis
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,DJII,P244,A1-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post

if true, this is crazy.

i just can't imagine it IS true, though....i mean, surely FB had the best advisors in the business working for them, and no way MS, JPM and GS would do this, right?
In case you missed the memo, or the "I quit" letter in the NYT, GS has become a culture that is all about GS and not its clients. GS advised FB to issue a greater number of shares in the IPO, advice which FB took and a move that of course contributed to the meager IPO performance.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 08:26 AM   #138
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
In case you missed the memo, or the "I quit" letter in the NYT, GS has become a culture that is all about GS and not its clients. GS advised FB to issue a greater number of shares in the IPO, advice which FB took and a move that of course contributed to the meager IPO performance.
Morgan Stanley was the lead banker for FB not GS...FYI

But yes increasing the size of offering along with some other questionable moves clearly hurt IPO.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 10:10 AM   #139
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Morgan Stanley was the lead banker for FB not GS...FYI

But yes increasing the size of offering along with some other questionable moves clearly hurt IPO.
I don't believe the increase of the offering hurt the ipo as much as the lack of business fundamentals, lack of leadership and lack of revenue streams.
Old 31 May 2012, 10:17 AM   #140
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
I don't believe the increase of the offering hurt the ipo as much as the lack of business fundamentals, lack of leadership and lack of revenue streams.
Increasing the size and price definitely affected IPO but there are of course many factors. To me the most appalling was the fact that MS was telling certain institutional clients on the roadshow that they were shaving estimates while retail ended up holding the bag. Many institutional clients started backing away from the deal as this spread thru the inner circles. Again the retail client ended up getting stuck. I don't think the company fundamentals affected the IPO but will certainly affect it's future share price and pressure on it will remain because of them.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2012, 11:30 AM   #141
GothamG8or

Quote:
Increasing the size and price definitely affected IPO but there are of course many factors. To me the most appalling was the fact that MS was telling certain institutional clients on the roadshow that they were shaving estimates while retail ended up holding the bag. Many institutional clients started backing away from the deal as this spread thru the inner circles. Again the retail client ended up getting stuck. I don't think the company fundamentals affected the IPO but will certainly affect it's future share price and pressure on it will remain because of them.
Bingo! When I started hearing retail accts at etrade were getting allocation of the IPO it was a good sign it would be a sloppy deal. A portion of that increased offering was due to GS in that if you remember GS bought a large block of FB shares in the private market a year or do ago; GS included a large portion (if not all) if that position in this offering. MS still could have recommended not increasing the # OS shares in the offering & not jacking the price.
Old 31 May 2012, 12:44 PM   #142
johnbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamG8or View Post
Bingo! When I started hearing retail accts at etrade were getting allocation of the IPO it was a good sign it would be a sloppy deal. A portion of that increased offering was due to GS in that if you remember GS bought a large block of FB shares in the private market a year or do ago; GS included a large portion (if not all) if that position in this offering. MS still could have recommended not increasing the # OS shares in the offering & not jacking the price.
Being in Australia, could not attend any of the roadshows.

FB IPO stunk from miles away. People got caught in the hype of what the company is valued at because of the IPO pricing and unfortunately people that got in late, got caught with their junk in their hands as their investment in FB was made due to market hype rather then actuall fatcs and figures.

FB like any other company, from an investor point of view, did lack vision of how they are going to grow and to collect more income and the lack of experience of current leadership, will do nothing but hurt the company and it's shareholders unless they find a way to grow their income streams.

Just a few thoughts anyway.

Old 1 June 2012, 01:39 AM   #143
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe View Post
I made a mistake in the revenue number but now it appears that even 3.7 billion may have been an imaginary number from FB,there`s all kinds of conflicting information flying around at the moment.
I'm asking again for links or anything to back up this allegation made??

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
fusionstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2012, 02:09 AM   #144
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbeth View Post
Slow down here. Did you read the S-1? $3.7B (that's BILLION) USD in revenue for 2011 isn't a lack of anything in this day and age for a company as young as FB. Everyone in this thread would be interested if you could explain why that revenue number could shrink dramatically in the next 5 years?? Because for anyone who's trying to equate FB with MySpace or Friendster or anything similar from a boom then bust social networking perspective, those other companies did nowhere near the revenue numbers at their peak that FB is doing currently.

The IPO should not be construed as an indictment of the FB business model. It was simply priced far above it's real value to take advantage of the masses' willingness to try and jump on the "next big thing". But a 100x price to earnings ratio was just unsustainable. FB is not worth anywhere near the $104B market cap it hit the first day, but neither is it worthless. Whether that number is 20x, 30x, 40x or whatever of earnings remains to be seen. But FB isn't going to shrivel up and go away anytime soon.

Full disclosure - - I have 0% invested in FB in any way, as I don't own shares or FB nor do I have any short or put positions. My company has been a vendor to FB for a number of years, and we continue to do a significant revenue number with them (far, far north of 7 figures).

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
Old 1 June 2012, 02:18 AM   #145
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Yes GS is the root of all evils.
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2012, 02:18 AM   #146
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm asking again for links or anything to back up this allegation made??
I can`t give you a link to something I`ve paraphrased from something I vaguely remember reading last summer when talks of a FB IPO first came to my attention,however I do remember that the question even at that time was the accuracy of Facebook`s revenue reporting.
Old 1 June 2012, 05:58 AM   #147
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Be interesting to see what kind of litigation provision FB publishes in its upcoming disclosure.
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2012, 06:41 AM   #148
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe View Post
I can`t give you a link to something I`ve paraphrased from something I vaguely remember reading last summer when talks of a FB IPO first came to my attention,however I do remember that the question even at that time was the accuracy of Facebook`s revenue reporting.
Really??!!?? This is the basis for your "all kinds of conflicting information flying around at the moment." People's careers are destroyed and significant time is spent in jail if such allegations are true. You act like some sort of insider or someone knowledgeable about these issues, and then turn around and offer up this drivel of an explanation??

You absolutely deserve a........

Old 1 June 2012, 07:28 AM   #149
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really??!!?? This is the basis for your "all kinds of conflicting information flying around at the moment." People's careers are destroyed and significant time is spent in jail if such allegations are true. You act like some sort of insider or someone knowledgeable about these issues, and then turn around and offer up this drivel of an explanation??

You absolutely deserve a........

Feel free to subpoena me for the sake of any legal proceedings concerning Facebook and I will be happy to give both you and the court my opinion regarding what I have read about FB business practices.
Old 5 June 2012, 12:43 PM   #150
MoBe
"TRF" Member

Just in case there`s actually anybody out there that gives a ---- about Facebook you`ll want to know that Aug 16th is the lock up day release.This will be the day the insiders start to dump their stock on the market and take their marbles home for good.