The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 February 2023, 02:40 PM   #1
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Was it ever established it was a hold or just a touch because I saw it twice and never saw a hold?? Too soft a call down the stretch to be that impactful on the outcome.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 01:33 AM   #2
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Was it ever established it was a hold or just a touch because I saw it twice and never saw a hold?? Too soft a call down the stretch to be that impactful on the outcome.
It was a hold. Most people are only referring to the touch once the player was turned around. Before that the jersey was held and pulled. That was not really shown during the replays.

James Bradberry 100% admitted he held the player and was hoping the refs would miss it.

In my opinion, it settles all debate when the player admits to committing the hold. Refs made a good call.

Of course it doesn't matter. The losing team and their fans will come up with any excuse to make their loss feel better. It doesn't matter who is playing. It is always the ref's fault when you lose.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 02:23 AM   #3
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
It was a hold. Most people are only referring to the touch once the player was turned around. Before that the jersey was held and pulled. That was not really shown during the replays.

James Bradberry 100% admitted he held the player and was hoping the refs would miss it.

In my opinion, it settles all debate when the player admits to committing the hold. Refs made a good call.

Of course it doesn't matter. The losing team and their fans will come up with any excuse to make their loss feel better. It doesn't matter who is playing. It is always the ref's fault when you lose.
I could care less who won or lost and made a comment on what I saw on TV. IF the broadcast doesn't show the entire play, that's a problem and full disclosure, it's a reason why people believe these games, if not fixed, are suspect at the very least. The player making the comment was obviously after the game so the general public has a case on what they didn't see, regardless of the fan base.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 02:51 AM   #4
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

He is contractually obligated to not question the officiating. But the real controversy isn’t about whether there was technically holding (there was) but rather about how the refs failed to call the game consistently and predictably
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 03:23 AM   #5
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
He is contractually obligated to not question the officiating. But the real controversy isn’t about whether there was technically holding (there was) but rather about how the refs failed to call the game consistently and predictably
Do we have copies of the contract showing this? You could be right. I just have never seen anything positive on that. I mean I get people have been fined before for speaking out on certain things but it may not be written directly in the contract.

I agree with you on the refs failing to call the game consistently. That is a much better argument for people to make.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 03:30 AM   #6
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Do we have copies of the contract showing this? You could be right. I just have never seen anything positive on that. I mean I get people have been fined before for speaking out on certain things but it may not be written directly in the contract.

I agree with you on the refs failing to call the game consistently. That is a much better argument for people to make.
I haven’t seen the wording. Probably it is NFL policy that is incorporated by reference into all their employment contracts. Just like if I sign a rental lease with a condo owner, the condominium rules are incorporated by reference.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2023, 04:34 AM   #7
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I haven’t seen the wording. Probably it is NFL policy that is incorporated by reference into all their employment contracts. Just like if I sign a rental lease with a condo owner, the condominium rules are incorporated by reference.
You are correct. It’s disciplined under policy as conduct detrimental to the league.

The fact that players and coaches were willing to pay fines for speaking out should be a red flag for the league, but Roger would rather deny it’s a problem than fix the problem. Ref bowl is here to stay.

I was cheering for the Chiefs yesterday. The call taints the game for me in the same way the terrible officiating tainted the Bengals game. For the ref’s to make that call at that point in the game feel justified they needed to call a lot of other stuff that they ignored throughout the game. It’s easy to raise conspiracies with the ill timed change in policing strategy at that moment.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2023, 02:57 PM   #8
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
you serious? how did you not see it? there's plenty of still shots out there showing it plain as day

omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote