The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 July 2019, 11:06 PM   #31
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockburst View Post
So are you going to post pics?
I also hope so for several reasons..
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 10:53 PM   #32
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Ball
Just spoke to my wife who runs our ebay deal about this. She said "We are seeing a lot of our auction unlaefully replicated on etsy and other sites, complete with pictures. It is like fighting the wind she says. They just keep coming.

She says to contact here immedialty if you see anything untoward and she will follow the link and shut them down. She says she works closely with ebay brass to make the entire site safer on a daily basis. She has helped eBay craft their approach to scammers... buyer scams and seller scams. Our system of launch gives her the abiity to hold the actual data until she deletes it. so anything you see on our actual ebay site is there.. for a long time...

She says our name is being meta-tagged everywhere and our auctions are being duplicated on many platforms and she plays "Whack-a-Mole constantly.

WE have sold 100 million dollars of goods (sorry..not bragging... it is true) on eBay and my wife is stickler for propriety. (to our couple of hater in this otherwise wonderful group, yes a few things slip through the cracks but we fix them immediatly.) cheers and as teh gent said above.. be careful!
jeff hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 11:32 PM   #33
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff hess View Post
Just spoke to my wife who runs our ebay deal about this. She said "We are seeing a lot of our auction unlaefully replicated on etsy and other sites, complete with pictures. It is like fighting the wind she says. They just keep coming.

She says to contact here immedialty if you see anything untoward and she will follow the link and shut them down. She says she works closely with ebay brass to make the entire site safer on a daily basis. She has helped eBay craft their approach to scammers... buyer scams and seller scams. Our system of launch gives her the abiity to hold the actual data until she deletes it. so anything you see on our actual ebay site is there.. for a long time...

She says our name is being meta-tagged everywhere and our auctions are being duplicated on many platforms and she plays "Whack-a-Mole constantly.

WE have sold 100 million dollars of goods (sorry..not bragging... it is true) on eBay and my wife is stickler for propriety. (to our couple of hater in this otherwise wonderful group, yes a few things slip through the cracks but we fix them immediatly.) cheers and as teh gent said above.. be careful!
Might want to take some of that 100 million and buy some spell check.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 01:09 AM   #34
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

LOL RIGHT .. NINJA TYPING FROM PHONE NOT A SPECIALTY. a corrected version...Just spoke to my wife who runs our ebay deal about this. She said "We are seeing a lot of our auction unlawfully replicated on etsy and other sites, complete with pictures. It is like fighting the wind she says. They just keep coming.

She says to contact here immediately if you see anything untoward and she will follow the link and shut them down. She says she works closely with ebay brass to make the entire site safer on a daily basis. She has helped eBay craft their approach to scammers... buyer scams and seller scams. Our system of launch gives her the ability to hold the actual data until she deletes it. so anything you see on our actual ebay site is there.. for a long time...

WE have sold 100 million dollars of goods (sorry..not bragging... it is true) on eBay and my wife is stickler for propriety. (to our couple of hater in this otherwise wonderful group, yes a few things slip through the cracks but we fix them immediately.) cheers and as the gent said above.. be careful! sorry for the earlier non-spellchecked version.
Old 1 October 2019, 01:14 AM   #35
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff hess View Post
LOL RIGHT .. NINJA TYPING FROM PHONE NOT A SPECIALTY. a corrected version...Just spoke to my wife who runs our ebay deal about this. She said "We are seeing a lot of our auction unlawfully replicated on etsy and other sites, complete with pictures. It is like fighting the wind she says. They just keep coming.

She says to contact here immediately if you see anything untoward and she will follow the link and shut them down. She says she works closely with ebay brass to make the entire site safer on a daily basis. She has helped eBay craft their approach to scammers... buyer scams and seller scams. Our system of launch gives her the ability to hold the actual data until she deletes it. so anything you see on our actual ebay site is there.. for a long time...

WE have sold 100 million dollars of goods (sorry..not bragging... it is true) on eBay and my wife is stickler for propriety. (to our couple of hater in this otherwise wonderful group, yes a few things slip through the cracks but we fix them immediately.) cheers and as the gent said above.. be careful! sorry for the earlier non-spellchecked version.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2019, 11:44 AM   #36
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
Update on my situation and I need to apologize to Hess Auctions. After many hours on the phone with eBay and PayPal it was discovered that when I went to look at the watch on Hess Auctions on eBay (I clicked the link through a Google search) I was redirected to a scam page that looked and acted like an eBay page. From there it was all over. I purchased the Submariner unknowingly through this duplicate page. eBay is aware of these things happening but will not off refunds or buyer protection which I understand. They recommended filing with the FBI Cyber Crimes unit so we will see how that goes. Anyway, I’m still out my 8 grand and it willl take some time to save that back up again until I can purchase from a forum member. So that’s where I’m currently at. Sorry again to Hess. You all were victims in this as well. Admins please correct my original post for me. Thank you
We thank you sir! For the clarification!
Old 1 October 2019, 12:57 PM   #37
Katrina Hess G.G.
"TRF" Member

Katrina Hess here, I run the auction portion of our business Hessfineauctions.

In the past few weeks we have certainly been made aware of our images and templates being utilized by entities other then HessFineAuctions. Specifically etsy.

If you see any of the watches we own and are offering on ebay, on any sight other then eBay Liveauctioneers or Invaluable auctions please contact me.

All of our images are watermarked and at least with etsy only the 1st image is altered, with our watermark intact for additional images which has given buyers the ability to ask me if I am seller in other venues.

If anyone has links or screenshots of watches I own being shown on other sights by all means get them to me. We are working with ebay and with etsy directly to stop this.

I am easy to get hold of and can verify if I have the item in house at that point or not.

Katrina Hess
Katrina Hess G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote