The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 August 2005, 03:55 AM   #1
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Question about prices

But probably not my last. It seems trivial but it is important to me. I have targeted a SS Sub and a SD. The prices seem reasonable but the dealer, although reputable, isn’t an official Rolex agent. They do offer 2 years extra warranty however. And now for the question (Henk, answer as well please): what are the current prices (with discount) in your neighborhood/home countries? I know what I paid in 2000, but that was at an official agent and doesn’t apply anymore. The reason for my question is that I want to make sure that I get a good deal. I’ve carefully considered the pro’s and con’s of buying from a non official dealer, this is a closed chapter for me.

Thanks for your assistance,

Frans.
Old 24 August 2005, 04:11 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hi Frans,

Depending upon availability, shortages, demand, etc., especially for the 16610 Sub-date and also the SD to a certain extent, you're looking around USD 4,000 a piece....final out-the-door price.

This is just a mean price....could vary a few hundred dollars this way or that way from place to place.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2005, 04:24 AM   #3
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hi Frans,

Depending upon availability, shortages, demand, etc., especially for the 16610 Sub-date and also the SD to a certain extent, you're looking around USD 4,000 a piece....final out-the-door price.

This is just a mean price....could vary a few hundred dollars this way or that way from place to place.

Cheers - JJ
OK, right now I'm US$ 87 off with the Sub. A little more on the SD.

Thanks,

Frans.
Old 24 August 2005, 04:29 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Have you been quoted any specific prices on these two models by your dealer?

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 24 August 2005, 04:45 AM   #5
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Have you been quoted any specific prices on these two models by your dealer?
No, they have a website with those prices. I have figured out that the watches are imported from another country close by, because it takes 2 weeks for your watch to arrive. We have open borders here, so this is very simple. I know this sounds dodgy but I'm sure it isn't because they offer other great marques as well. They show customer feedback on their site and they are all positive.

Tae care,

Frans.
Old 24 August 2005, 04:47 AM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch
No, they have a website with those prices. I have figured out that the watches are imported from another country close by, because it takes 2 weeks for your watch to arrive. We have open borders here, so this is very simple. I know this sounds dodgy but I'm sure it isn't because they offer other great marques as well. They show customer feedback on their site and they are all positive.

Tae care,

Frans.
Frankly, it does sound very dodgy, but as long as you know what you're doing, that's fine. Just be very careful with Rolex. Those bloody fakes are getting better and better each passing day! So much so that even the experts can get fooled! CAREFUL!!

Good luck - JJ

Old 24 August 2005, 05:21 AM   #7
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

They are no Internet traders but have a beautiful store with normal opening hours and sell to the public. The watches come with full warranty papers and they sell used watches as well. (With some very nice ones). I know that there’s a sucker born every minute but I’m confident. The price difference between these offerings and the official list price is just too much. But before I take the plunge I will go to my official dealer to ask if he would offer me the same price. If he does (but I suspect he will not) it will save me the trip.

Thanks for the concern,

Frans.
Old 24 August 2005, 03:10 PM   #8
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Who will do any warranty work? His brother-in-law, the X plumber's assistant? If that does not work you are looking at 400.00 minimum from a RSC. =) maverick
PS It happened to me. Now all I buy is from an AD.
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2005, 05:10 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
They are no Internet traders but have a beautiful store with normal opening hours and sell to the public. The watches come with full warranty papers and they sell used watches as well. (With some very nice ones). I know that there’s a sucker born every minute but I’m confident. The price difference between these offerings and the official list price is just too much. But before I take the plunge I will go to my official dealer to ask if he would offer me the same price. If he does (but I suspect he will not) it will save me the trip.

Thanks for the concern,

Frans.
You do that, Frans. Try and get the best possible price from your AD; but at the end of the day, if your AD's price is a couple of hundred dollars more, my advice would be to go the AD way!! Just think of the 100% peace of mind you'll have as long as that Rolex is on your wrist.

Good luck and do keep us posted. I'm interested to know how this eventually turns out.

JJ

Old 24 August 2005, 05:23 PM   #10
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

OK, we are looking at this price difference: current Dutch listprice for a 16610 = EUR 3980, their price = EUR 3480. EUR 500 is about US$ 635. This is more than a couple of hundred bucks I think. The watches come with EU warranty papers. Doesn't this mean I can have it fixed at any AD? (Gosh, have I become a greenhorn again :-)

Take care,

Frans.
Old 24 August 2005, 05:27 PM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
OK, we are looking at this price difference: current Dutch listprice for a 16610 = EUR 3980, their price = EUR 3480. EUR 500 is about US$ 635. This is more than a couple of hundred bucks I think. The watches come with EU warranty papers. Doesn't this mean I can have it fixed at any AD? (Gosh, have I become a greenhorn again :-)

Take care,

Frans.
Firstly, you could take that price and go to your AD. If he really needs your business, he might come down on his price offer.
Secondly, if the papers are all authentic, then any Rolex AD, anywhere in the world will be happy to service the watch.

As I've said in my earlier posts, just be very careful, that's all. The last thing we want on this forum for any of our friends to get gypped!!

Good luck once more - JJ

Old 24 August 2005, 06:35 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Yes agree with JJ,just be very careful,hope all goes well.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2005, 12:10 AM   #13
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

But in all these posts, there's only one with prices :-) So c'mon you Rolex KINGS, gimme some comparing prices. And don't expect me to buy more watches for a long time, after the Sub or SD, the piggybank is very, very, very empty.

Greetz,

Frans.
Old 25 August 2005, 04:44 AM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
But in all these posts, there's only one with prices :-) So c'mon you Rolex KINGS, gimme some comparing prices. And don't expect me to buy more watches for a long time, after the Sub or SD, the piggybank is very, very, very empty.

Greetz,

Frans.
All the more reason why you should take absolutely NO RISKS at all and go straight to an AD. A good price should be in the range of USD 4,000 give or take.

If I were you, I'd put on a little salesmanship with the AD, try and win him over, then tell him about the other deal as diplomatically as possible and ask him how best he can match that price.

Remember, you are not planning on another Rolex for a very, very long time until your financial position improves. Why then take even 0.00001% of a RISK with such a good acquisition?

This is advice coming not just from a friend, but also from over a quarter of a century of wheeling and dealing in Rolex and other watches. Take it!!

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

JJ

Old 25 August 2005, 05:45 AM   #15
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is advice coming not just from a friend, but also from over a quarter of a century of wheeling and dealing in Rolex and other watches. Take it!!

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

JJ
That’s what I like so much about forums like these, or, to be more specific, this forum. Kinda reminds me of that other forum, way back. Not to worry, the money is still in the bank and I’m not in a rush. Just want a good deal. It has started again, this forum is getting to me.

Take care,

Frans.
Old 25 August 2005, 06:09 AM   #16
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
That’s what I like so much about forums like these, or, to be more specific, this forum. Kinda reminds me of that other forum, way back. Not to worry, the money is still in the bank and I’m not in a rush. Just want a good deal. It has started again, this forum is getting to me.

Take care,

Frans.
As long as it's just the forum that's getting to you, FINE!! Don't let any wanker rip you off by palming you a fake Rolex.

Cheers - JJ

Old 25 August 2005, 06:13 AM   #17
maverick
Banned

Prices

I am making a new price list but here is what I have so far. I have not double checked these and they are USA prices. Sorry I was giving Rolex USA policies about warranty not international. =) maverick

16610 4525.00
16613 7100.00
11618 20850.00
16610LV 4875.00
14000 3250.00
14010 3300.00
14060 3800.00
16600 4700.00
16628 20700.00
16622 7850.00
16623 8200.00
16750 4450.00
16710 4525.00
16713 7025.00
16718 19750.00
116528 23400.00
116519 18100.00
116518 16900.00

Last edited by maverick; 26 August 2005 at 04:30 AM..
Old 25 August 2005, 11:36 AM   #18
Rodentman
Banned

The LV is US 4,875 I think
Rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2005, 04:32 AM   #19
maverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodentman
The LV is US 4,875 I think
Thanks, it is changed, like I have said, it is not really finished yet. =) maverick