The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 January 2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

Date and Datejust

What is the difference ?
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2007, 04:05 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstylianou View Post
What is the difference ?
Mainly size: Date = 34 mm; DJ = 36 mm. Movement is the same - 3135.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2007, 04:09 PM   #3
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
I always thought the Date was for female and the Datejust was for male. I only say because of size, but they made a midsize DJ. What was the point of the Date Model?????
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2007, 04:10 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
I always thought the Date was for female and the Datejust was for male. I only say because of size, but they made a midsize DJ. What was the point of the Date Model?????
The midsize DJ = 31 mm and can be worn by ladies as well as men with very small wrists!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2007, 04:25 PM   #5
OysterDavid
Banned

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
It's like asking 'what's the point of the Air King?'. Can't you buy that exact same movement in a non date sub or the Explorer 1?

It's just another model option with a slightly smaller case than the Datejust.

Rolex, as a world wide operation has various models that may make no sense to you as a consumer, such as the 31mm mid size Datejust, but take a trip to Asia and you'll see all kinds of men wearing just that size.

Rolex, with the help of some fashionistas was able to parlay that same size into a desired timekeeping accessory amongst female models, and yet another sales opportunity opens up.

Heck, even the Tudor line has a purpose in the broad scheme of things to generate profits for the watchmaker from Geneva.

One of the really great things about being connected with owning or wanting to own a Rolex watch is the genuinely large variety of watches that can keep us not only happy but connected.

So long as we're all wearing the real McCoy with the Crown/Coronet, then we're all part of the same tribe.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote