The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 29 April 2010, 02:42 PM   #1
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
SAFETRENDS Come back!

Safetrends,
If your reading, I just wanted you to know I miss your humor! You should come back, and continue posting. You have plenty of friends on TRF, and think you've been absent long enough!

You still have a group of guys who enjoy the ranting in the watchout section, and the scans from your library collection.

I just wanted to tell you Plenty of people have noticed your absence, and I'm calling you in for playing hookie!!!!!!

Old 29 April 2010, 03:22 PM   #2
DanP
Banned

Watch: GV-U-Kno-Me :)
X2 CMon back now ya hear
Old 29 April 2010, 03:51 PM   #3
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
I need my bodyguard....
Old 29 April 2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Nicko
Banned

I like his posts too but why would you "beg" for someone to come back after they made such a public and IMO childish exit? People here on the forum come and go and that's their choice, I'm not going to beg anyone to return. I looked over the posts from that supposedly upset him to the point of leaving and for the life of me couldn't understand why he left in the first place.
Old 29 April 2010, 04:10 PM   #5
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

True Nicko. I'm not sure of the incident and all the details, but I enjoyed his humor. He was a rather active member. I couldn't PM him, so I just wanted him to know I haven't seen him here and hope he will have another try.
Old 29 April 2010, 04:14 PM   #6
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
I like his posts too but why would you "beg" for someone to come back after they made such a public and IMO childish exit? People here on the forum come and go and that's their choice, I'm not going to beg anyone to return. I looked over the posts from that supposedly upset him to the point of leaving and for the life of me couldn't understand why he left in the first place.
Hows the new watch holding up? I hate that you traded the Tudor, but got a sweet watch in return. I saw one with a NATO strap black/sand colored stripes. That would look great on that ND of yours. Possibly a solid olive Zulu.

You can do so much with that watch!

Take it easy! Paul
Old 29 April 2010, 04:22 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Have to agree with Nicko to a certain degree!!

Take my own case for example: The Mods are dying for me to get the hell out of here, but I'm such a hard nut to get rid off!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 29 April 2010, 05:24 PM   #8
Nicko
Banned

[QUOTE=ParisDakarBmw;1822818]Hows the new watch holding up? I hate that you traded the Tudor, but got a sweet watch in return. I saw one with a NATO strap black/sand colored stripes. That would look great on that ND of yours. Possibly a solid olive Zulu.

You can do so much with that watch!

Thanks Paul I have a black zulu but really don't care for it too much, I'll wear it with it but but too much. I bought a 9315 folded link bracelet from Tudorman, a bit on the expensive side, he actually had a very good deal on this one, in pristine condition and it was less than 1k which is a very good deal seeing as how these sell upwards of 1200 or so. Anyways, thanks for the complements, no hard feelings about the other stuff. Life's too short to quarrel over silly stuff..

Steve
Old 29 April 2010, 07:03 PM   #9
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
What happened ? Did I miss something ?
Old 29 April 2010, 07:05 PM   #10
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatty View Post
What happened ? Did I miss something ?
Hello McFly....
Old 29 April 2010, 07:30 PM   #11
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
I doubt he's coming back.

Somebody said he had a fake Rolex pen, which is funny because Rolex isn't in the pen industry.
Old 29 April 2010, 08:44 PM   #12
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Most of his posts had no relevance to the thread at hand and were childish at best, I don't miss him.
Old 29 April 2010, 09:46 PM   #13
Sgt. Henry
"TRF" Member

Watch: -less
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Have to agree with Nicko to a certain degree!!

Take my own case for example: The Mods are dying for me to get the hell out of here, but I'm such a hard nut to get rid off!!
a TRF without JJ ? I don't even want to think about it!

I'm an 8-track person in a digital world
Old 29 April 2010, 10:20 PM   #14
Титан
Banned

Watch: Rolex Submariner
This is my take on the issue, mind you I am a real old, just viewing it from the outside looking in. I was not a member when this hapened, however I was lurking around here at the time and it is true Rolex does not make pen's, however they commission them to be made thus making them a real Rolex item to be collected like a Rolex watch.
The number one issue here from what I read, was not being real or fake the issue was another member calling it a fake when a member was just showing it off, and the member did not ask for a opinion as to it being real or fake. This opens a door to anyone on the forum showing off a Rolex item and have another member trash them for no reason and then getting away with it without any backlash from the mods. So from what I have learned, if a person shows a new Rolex item here that they just aquired, just to show it off, and not asking if it is real or fake, it is then ok for any another member to trash them and get away with it, and going outside the box for just one second here, and it also appears to me you can also trash the members item without any proof of what your saying.
I like it here, I do not want to get trashed for what I have in regards to Rolex items, and most of the people here are great, they would not act out like that, however I will never post any photos of anything for fear of another situation from happening like the one I read about, that was disgusting and a tasteless posting.
Old 29 April 2010, 10:20 PM   #15
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Henry View Post
a TRF without JJ ? I don't even want to think about it!
We can dream though

Nah, it wouldn't be the same

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Old 29 April 2010, 10:32 PM   #16
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
"These pretzels are making me thirsty !"

# 26371
NAWCC Member
Old 29 April 2010, 10:36 PM   #17
OrchidDR
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT GMT II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Титан View Post
This is my take on the issue, mind you I am a real old, just viewing it from the outside looking in. I was not a member when this hapened, however I was lurking around here at the time and it is true Rolex does not make pen's, however they commission them to be made thus making them a real Rolex item to be collected like a Rolex watch.
The number one issue here from what I read, was not being real or fake the issue was another member calling it a fake when a member was just showing it off, and the member did not ask for a opinion as to it being real or fake. This opens a door to anyone on the forum showing off a Rolex item and have another member trash them for no reason and then getting away with it without any backlash from the mods. So from what I have learned, if a person shows a new Rolex item here that they just aquired, just to show it off, and not asking if it is real or fake, it is then ok for any another member to trash them and get away with it, and going outside the box for just one second here, and it also appears to me you can also trash the members item without any proof of what your saying.
I like it here, I do not want to get trashed for what I have in regards to Rolex items, and most of the people here are great, they would not act out like that, however I will never post any photos of anything for fear of another situation from happening like the one I read about, that was disgusting and a tasteless posting.
Well done Frank! That is exactly what transpired!!

We all have our faults, that's for sure, but to impune someone and take away their joy (for a pen for christsake???) sure came across as elistist and disappointed me greatly.

I miss him on this forum.
Old 29 April 2010, 10:55 PM   #18
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
I understand you point and I agree that the situation could have been handled a lot more tactfully than it was. A quick PM, would probably have been more effective than a public outing. However, this is a Rolex forum and there are a lot and I mean a lot of experts here, especially when it comes to Rolex collectibles. Have you seen Jocke's basement (I can only hope heaven is like that ) Therefore I think, if you show an item and claim that it is an official Rolex item, you are opening yourself up for opinions regardless of whether or not you asked for them. I truly believe that Jocke and Leo were only trying to help David.

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Old 29 April 2010, 11:01 PM   #19
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
All I got to say is C'est la vie!!!

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Old 29 April 2010, 11:02 PM   #20
bewithabob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona Meteorite
Quote:
Frank - nobody wants hurt feelings. I think we are all for that. I hope you will share photos here in spite of this unfortunate episode.

116509 Daytona Meteorite, 116520 Daytona Black, 116710 GMTIIC, 16013 DATEJUST,
CARTIER SANTOS 100 W20090X8, IWC Big Pilot, IWC Top Gun

"Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."
Old 29 April 2010, 11:05 PM   #21
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
That was one situation where I refused to take sides. Both parties were in the wrong. The two guys who 'outed' him could have done it in a more civilized manner, IMO. Even though I don't agree with their antics on that particular thread, we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect. As far as Safe - the dramatic exitus was uncalled for. Just because two people got to him. I mean, come on, grow a pair. I do miss him, or as I knew him prior to the incident. If the drama-queen was his true persona - then oh well.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 29 April 2010, 11:07 PM   #22
bewithabob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
"These pretzels are making me thirsty !"
Woody may never make a movie in Manhattan again.....!

116509 Daytona Meteorite, 116520 Daytona Black, 116710 GMTIIC, 16013 DATEJUST,
CARTIER SANTOS 100 W20090X8, IWC Big Pilot, IWC Top Gun

"Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end."
Old 29 April 2010, 11:09 PM   #23
Brunotheboxer
Banned

Watch: 16610,PAM. 111, G
Leo was talking to someone he perceived to be a Friend. I thought they were good friends. If Leo posted a pic of something and a friend called it a fake I don't think he would have reacted like Safetrends.

Leo correct me if I'm wrong bro.
Old 29 April 2010, 11:20 PM   #24
Idle Swede
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
Leo was talking to someone he perceived to be a Friend. I thought they were good friends. If Leo posted a pic of something and a friend called it a fake I don't think he would have reacted like Safetrends.

Leo correct me if I'm wrong bro.

You are absolutely correct Bruno.

That particular post was part of friendly bantering & mudslinging going on between us for a long time.
Personally I think this matter is being blown out of proportion as now, looking back, it seems that Jocke and I attacked an innocent member.
Of course that was not the case and I must say I was quite surprised over the way he all of a sudden reacted.
Old 29 April 2010, 11:39 PM   #25
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Swede View Post

That particular post was part of friendly bantering & mudslinging going on between us for a long time.
Personally I think this matter is being blown out of proportion as now, looking back, it seems that Jocke and I attacked an innocent member.
Of course that was not the case and I must say I was quite surprised over the way he all of a sudden reacted.
This is exactly how I saw it, some friendly bantering, nothing more, nothing less... So, not sure why all the drama. I liked him as well but as for begging someone to come back after an exit like that, well, I ain't..
Old 29 April 2010, 11:45 PM   #26
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
That was one situation where I refused to take sides. Both parties were in the wrong. The two guys who 'outed' him could have done it in a more civilized manner, IMO. Even though I don't agree with their antics on that particular thread, we all make mistakes and none of us are perfect. As far as Safe - the dramatic exitus was uncalled for. Just because two people got to him. I mean, come on, grow a pair. I do miss him, or as I knew him prior to the incident. If the drama-queen was his true persona - then oh well.
Quote:

X2

I enjoyed David's posts too but IMO, he over reacted. He chose to leave...hopefully he feels he made the right choice for him.
Old 29 April 2010, 11:45 PM   #27
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Interesting, since I read the thread in question and came to a completely different conclusion. I post tons of pics here and would definitely want to know if any of them showed fake Rolex items. I'm confident members here would address this to me in a manner similar to previous communications I had with that member, be that humorous, pointed and direct, or via PM.
Leo's and Jocke's behavior was completely consistent with what they've done in the past, especially given their history with the OP. Safetrend's behavior was not.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Old 29 April 2010, 11:46 PM   #28
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Quote:

Yup, agree...

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
Old 29 April 2010, 11:56 PM   #29
Numismatist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600
I read the thread, and don't really have an opinion one way or the other about what happened; but I'd like to ask out of curiosity because I don't know:

What that really a real or a fake item that he showed?
Montblanc Meisterstück Diamond Mozart BP
Montblanc Meisterstück Mozart BP
Old 30 April 2010, 12:16 AM   #30
Титан
Banned

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Interesting, since I read the thread in question and came to a completely different conclusion. I post tons of pics here and would definitely want to know if any of them showed fake Rolex items. I'm confident members here would address this to me in a manner similar to previous communications I had with that member, be that humorous, pointed and direct, or via PM.
Leo's and Jocke's behavior was completely consistent with what they've done in the past, especially given their history with the OP. Safetrend's behavior was not.
dP
So Dan you advocate bashing another member who shows something and not give a reason why you think it is fake even if it is not asked to be authenticated, demeaning the member, because you are suppose to be an expert of Rolex items like Jocke and Leo seems to be. That is an interesting concept here to be able to call a Rolex fake and not have to back up your clam. Does that happen all the time here by everyone, or is only certain members privileged to this type of expert behavior.
It appears to me that the suitation looked to me like Leo was stating a fact not to sell the item as it was a fake and not responding with anything that would provided a reader with him being funny or bantering.
Closed Thread