The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 14 May 2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Frankie13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Pam 51

Hello,

after calling a GMT IIc and Breitling Super Ocean mine I checked out Panerei watches at the AD here for the first time an was very impressed and really like the the Pam 51 with the steel bracelet and love the white dial!
I know we all have not the same taste but since this was my first time to come in contact with Panerei watches I would like to know what you guys think about the Pam 51.
I would love to read what you guys think and will already say thanks for your replies
Frankie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2010, 11:11 PM   #2
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
It's a nice looking watch and PAM bracelets are quality. My personal preference is for sandwich dials (like the 111, etc...) and leather straps.

Cheers
Old 15 May 2010, 12:47 AM   #3
mfer
"TRF" Member

51 is pretty popular b/c of the bracelet. It is also popular b/c it is really popular with Paneristi wives. I'm serious. I'm not trying to say its a woman's watch, I'm just letting you know, of the 40mm Luminors, this one (along with the 49) hold their value the best. I love it myself!
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2010, 06:29 AM   #4
morgman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
51 is pretty popular b/c of the bracelet. It is also popular b/c it is really popular with Paneristi wives. I'm serious. I'm not trying to say its a woman's watch, I'm just letting you know, of the 40mm Luminors, this one (along with the 49) hold their value the best. I love it myself!
I will second this (my wife has one). But I think it really depends more on your wrist size. If you have smaller wrists, it may look very proportioned, in which case go for it! I have tried to take my wifes , but it does look a bit small on me now that I'm used to the 44mm ones. I do love the white dial with black hands. The bracelet is a work of art too.
morgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2010, 09:07 AM   #5
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

I personally stick to the heritage...
Old 15 May 2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Frankie13
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Thanks for your input guys that's nice! I think 40mm works very well for me since I don't have the biggest wrist and I have to agree the bracelet is a work of art! Since I have the black dial at the GMT and my Breitling dial is blue I think white would be great and I do love the white dial.
Well, I will give it some serious thoughts and thanks again
Frankie13 is offline   Reply With Quote