The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Mr. Greene
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko 7A28 7049
Why cant I find Omega

what's going on, I cant seem to find anybody that is carrying Omega anymore. I was in the mall the other day and both jewelry stores that used to have them along with Rolex stopped carrying Omega. anybody know why I cant get a straight answer from them

Submariner 16610
Explorer II 1655
Panerai 915
President of the Royal Commanders Club
Mr. Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2010, 02:07 PM   #2
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Omega has taken away their business with many of the major chains here also. According to someone I spoke to it's because they want to enhance their image??? ... They are now going ti be much more selective and insist on prices not being slashed by anything like they have been by our major chains. Not sure what that's about...or if it's true...But I can confirm that they are now only in specific higher end ADs here in Perth.

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2010, 02:17 PM   #3
TheLino
Retired

My ADs were giving me the same story.

Apparently Omega is "demanding" the same shelf space that is allocated to Rolex in an attempt to upscale the brand. And apparently Mr. Ben Bridge told them: "buh-bye!".
TheLino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Speed
"TRF" Member

Good thing I buy from the FAD!
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2010, 03:14 PM   #5
snowbird
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Good thing I buy from the FAD!
If we're thinking of the same dealer, yes he is great. Unfortunately he's not listed as an AD on the Omega site anymore?
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2010, 11:26 PM   #6
jmsrolls
Banned

Omega has made the decision to phase out independent ADs and go to company stores.

Even my AD sees the handwriting on the wall. Although no longer listed on the Omega web site, Omega still provides him with product complete with warranty. He expects his supply will end when Omega opens a store in his city.

There are currently eight stores in and around Atlanta but all are destined to be replaced by a company store. There are quite a few states with no Omega dealers left.

The impact upon sales can already be seen relating to the Planet Ocean Liquidmetal. The demand is there but they are only available at the Boutiques and a few selected ADs.

I suspect Omega will eventually see the error of its ways as market share dwindles.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2010, 01:29 AM   #7
snowbird
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
Omega has made the decision to phase out independent ADs and go to company stores.

Even my AD sees the handwriting on the wall. Although no longer listed on the Omega web site, Omega still provides him with product complete with warranty. He expects his supply will end when Omega opens a store in his city.

There are currently eight stores in and around Atlanta but all are destined to be replaced by a company store. There are quite a few states with no Omega dealers left.

The impact upon sales can already be seen relating to the Planet Ocean Liquidmetal. The demand is there but they are only available at the Boutiques and a few selected ADs.

I suspect Omega will eventually see the error of its ways as market share dwindles.

Fr. John†
I agree. I see what they're trying to do and there probably were too many ADs and too much discounting before . . . but now they seem to think they can turn Omega into Patek Philippe overnight.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2010, 01:39 AM   #8
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
Barmakian Jewelers in MA/NH still carries them. I was looking over their selection last weekend.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2010, 02:09 AM   #9
Denver Dick
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DateJust 16013
I heard that Rolex let it be known that it expected its ADs to push Rolex watches NOT Omegas. I note that the Omega ADs that were not Rolex dealers still carry Omegas. After working at corporate headquarters supporting the marketing group of a Fortune 500 company of many years, I tend to think it was Rolex making it clear that its ADs had to choose "which gal he's taking to the dance." Just my

Denver Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2010, 02:12 AM   #10
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Omega has pulled their stock from most ADs here, if you want Omega you need to go to the flagship store on Bond St
Old 3 November 2010, 08:34 AM   #11
noidea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 168000
I went into one of my local ADs here in the UK on Sunday looking at a Speedy Pro, they told me discounts were available, but not at the level another high street chain had been offering (20%). Apparently Omega went in and has taken away their dealer status for offering too much discount.
I am still looking and debating whether to buy new or second hand.
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2010, 09:02 AM   #12
gypsy

Watch: Rolex Milgauss GV
Goldsmiths and Ernst Jones still seem fully stocked up with omega in bristol, in swindon however there's nowhere to buy an omega watch
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2010, 12:21 AM   #13
Flash Gordon

A drastic change in channel of distribution such as this can backfire big time!
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2010, 01:34 AM   #14
baldyspoon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 114060
I was in Lakeside and Bluewater on Saturday and all the ad's there were still stocking them and didn't look like they was about to stop anytime soon.
baldyspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2010, 02:06 AM   #15
stusrt
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many
there a quite a few Omega AD's in the Detroit area -
but a couple have stopped carrying them, and I hear rumors that a few more will be losing the line soon.

I have had Rolex AD's tell me they get A LOT of pressure from Rolex to get rid of Breitling and Omega lines - in that order.
And if they don't carry the line - forget about adding it while you carry Rolex.
stusrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2010, 03:10 AM   #16
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Check ED Marshal is Scottsdale, last time I was there they still had a nice selection.
Old 4 November 2010, 06:53 AM   #17
PeteID
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster
No Omegas in Idaho

I went to an AD in Boise on Monday. Apparently, there are no ADs in the state. Wanted to see about a PO LM but no dice.

Pete
PeteID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2010, 09:53 AM   #18
Poonsies
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
I went into one of my local ADs here in the UK on Sunday looking at a Speedy Pro, they told me discounts were available, but not at the level another high street chain had been offering (20%). Apparently Omega went in and has taken away their dealer status for offering too much discount.
I am still looking and debating whether to buy new or second hand.
Which high street chain offered you a 20% discount may I ask ? I'm also in the Market for a speedy pro in London.

Sean
Poonsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2010, 09:08 AM   #19
noidea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 168000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonsies View Post
Which high street chain offered you a 20% discount may I ask ? I'm also in the Market for a speedy pro in London.

Sean
I was told Beaverbrooks were offering 20% to customers without being asked. This is why they have lost the dealership. Goldsmiths were willing to offer a discount, they did not say how much as I wasn't looking to buy there and then.
I have since bought a second hand one (picked it up today) Saved quite a bit on the new price and it has lived most of its' life in a safe. (It is 10 years old & complete)
Very pleased
noidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2010, 01:19 PM   #20
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteID View Post
I went to an AD in Boise on Monday. Apparently, there are no ADs in the state. Wanted to see about a PO LM but no dice.

Pete
That's because Idaho has a whopping 9 people in it...
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2010, 01:25 PM   #21
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
So let me get this straight: Omega is phasing out its market share among “big box” AD’s because they want larger visibility is cabinets, more along the lines of Rolex, and they aren’t getting it. They are also pulling back with smaller AD’s because they are giving away too big of discounts… Interesting. Did they ever stop and think that the reason big box stores won’t give them more action is because they don’t sell? Or the reason small AD’s are giving discounts is to move the watches they have? Maybe people are just cool on Omega. If they are going to spend that much on a luxury watch, why not save a little more and buy a Rolex? Oh wait, that’s what people are doing…
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2010, 02:01 PM   #22
PeteID
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSovereign View Post
That's because Idaho has a whopping 9 people in it...
Wow! That was clever.
PeteID is offline   Reply With Quote