The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 20 April 2007, 07:03 AM   #1
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Trying again

Sorry, I am new here. I tried introducing myself more elaborately earlier by telling the story about my previously owned Rolex watches. I currently have NO Rolex at all But I used to have at least ONE Rolex at a time. The reason is that if you own a Rolex watch, it is easier to get a fresh one by selling it than if you have to save money to buy one. So basically this is how I got - I don't know for sure, but about - ten Rolex watches. A dealer in Denmark had a very good connection to Rolex, and since I was a good customer, I got THREE Daytonas ("Zenith" modified movement, ref. 16520) from him within a two-three year period. First a white face, then a black face and then again a white face. Even though the Daytona 16520 has always attracted me, somehow I got to selling it again since I simply missed the DATE function and I was also annoyed by the fact that the 16520 had no "second stop" mechanism (you have to hold the hands a bit by counterturning the crown to make the second's hand "stop). Also I found it impractical that you have to unscrew the chronograph button to activate the chronograph. Two of the Daytonas I sold for a huge profit, and the third one, well actually, the "middle" Black Faced one, I swopped for an IWC "Doppelchronograph". Looking back, I regret having been so foolish to have sold my Daytonas shortly after getting them but that cannot be changed now. I have also had a Rolex Datejust with jubilee bracelet and white gold bezel (ref. 16234, my first Rolex ever bought in 1989 in London), a couple of Submariner Dates (S/S) and a couple of Sea-Dwellers. One of the Rolex Submariners was (so I think) a ref. 16800 bought in 1989, too. And you know what I did??? I exchanged that 16800 for a rather battered plexy Submariner 5513 in London. I must have been drunk that day, but I wasn't And of course I "woke up" an hour later realizing I had done something horribly STUPID but the dealer knew he had made the deal of his life, so he was gone with the wind as I returned to made the deal be reversed. I will never forget that dreaded day at the London Portobello Road market! Now I am without a Rolex, and since I have a modest income, I have always had to SAVE to be able to buy a Rolex (but if you want a Rolex, it is possible). So now I am saving money to buy my favourite of all the Rolex watches I have had (five models in total: 16234, 16610, 16600, 5513 and the 16520'ies). So there we are. Bo who just loves Rolex watches but has to save money a long time to buy them.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote