The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 September 2011, 12:11 AM   #1
skoidat69
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega SMP GMT 50th
Undated Warranty Card

I took my Omega to the local boutique to get the bracelet resized for my wrist. While they were putting links in my watch, the manager looked at my cards that came with my watch. He started to chastise me for buying a grey market watch and told me that my warranty card was undated and invalid. I retorted that you no longer sell the Omega that I wanted so I bought it from someone else. Not that I believe that I will have issues with my watch but it would be nice to have a warranty.
skoidat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2011, 12:26 AM   #2
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoidat69 View Post
I took my Omega to the local boutique to get the bracelet resized for my wrist. While they were putting links in my watch, the manager looked at my cards that came with my watch. He started to chastise me for buying a grey market watch and told me that my warranty card was undated and invalid. I retorted that you no longer sell the Omega that I wanted so I bought it from someone else. Not that I believe that I will have issues with my watch but it would be nice to have a warranty.
My dealer never puts a date on the warranty cards with his watches but there is a simple solution:
If you require warranty service, write in a date. Ethically, it should be the date of purchase.
I've owned 70-80 Omegas over the years and have never had to make a warranty claim. The only time I have had to present a dated warranty card was in order to obtain a COSC certificate.

The critical issue with the Omega warranty card is having the AD's name imprinted. Without that, the warranty is not valid.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote