The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 October 2012, 07:48 PM   #1
negri
"TRF" Member

Hidden clasp on older Datejust

Hi there ,

new member here with a little query .

i have an older datejust with jubillee bracelet and 62510h clasp .
id really like a hidden clasp like the new jubille strap has .

there are a few aftermarket ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIDDEN-CLA...item2568a60d0c ,
but so far have failed to locate a genuine one, is this something that is available to fit and buy , or would i need to go to an AD ?

cheers
negri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 08:16 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by negri View Post
Hi there ,

new member here with a little query .

i have an older datejust with jubillee bracelet and 62510h clasp .
id really like a hidden clasp like the new jubille strap has .

there are a few aftermarket ones on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIDDEN-CLA...item2568a60d0c ,
but so far have failed to locate a genuine one, is this something that is available to fit and buy , or would i need to go to an AD ?

cheers
I would doubt if you could source one from Rolex unless that particular model was issued with the hidden type clasp.If you could expect to pay quite a bit of money for just a clasp with no real further wrist size adjustments.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 08:22 PM   #3
negri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I would doubt if you could source one from Rolex unless that particular model was issued with the hidden type clasp.If you could expect to pay quite a bit of money for just a clasp with no real further wrist size adjustments.
ok , thanks for that ,

so they are not interchangeable ? the strap ends wouldnt match the new clasp ?
Old 9 October 2012, 08:25 PM   #4
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
I doubt it would fit since the whole bracelet is different with solid centre links etc...

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 08:28 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
ok , thanks for that ,

so they are not interchangeable ? the strap ends wouldnt match the new clasp ?
Not sure with the aftermarket one it could fit make enquirers with the retailer,but would doubt if the modern Rolex hidden type clasp will fit.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 9 October 2012, 09:36 PM   #6
DJJon
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ - Need Sub Bad
I can nearly guarantee the auction site cheapie will not interchange. I've used these before on non-Rolex flippers, and they are actually pretty decent in terms of weight and initial quality. No one can expect them to survive years of daily wear, they are more for show or the occasional night out type of thing.

Every single part will have different dimensions and threads, etc No compatibility with a true Rolex jubilee.
DJJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 10:01 PM   #7
negri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not sure with the aftermarket one it could fit make enquirers with the retailer,but would doubt if the modern Rolex hidden type clasp will fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJon View Post
I can nearly guarantee the auction site cheapie will not interchange. I've used these before on non-Rolex flippers, and they are actually pretty decent in terms of weight and initial quality. No one can expect them to survive years of daily wear, they are more for show or the occasional night out type of thing.

Every single part will have different dimensions and threads, etc No compatibility with a true Rolex jubilee.
wasnt planning on buying the AM one , would only want genuine parts .
just using it as an example of clasp im looking for .

looks like a new type jubilee bracelet then if i want a hidden clasp .

cheers
Old 9 October 2012, 10:13 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
wasnt planning on buying the AM one , would only want genuine parts .
just using it as an example of clasp im looking for .

looks like a new type jubilee bracelet then if i want a hidden clasp .

cheers
Hope you have very deep pockets because that bracelet will not be cheap over $2000 I would expect

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 9 October 2012, 10:18 PM   #9
A.Sharp
"TRF" Member

It sounds like you would be best fit to purchase a new super jubilee band, and sell the current one you have. I have heard the cost is around 14/1500 dollars from rsc. But I read that somewhere about a year or so ago, so maybe more money now. Maybe almost worth flipping the whole watch... If you factor in any servicing that may be due, etc etc, the margin of flipping it for a new one will surely shrink.

"I can't listen to that much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland."
A.Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 10:20 PM   #10
A.Sharp
"TRF" Member

ps. I do enjoy the new clasp, much more so than the older one. Originally, when they made the improvement, I was uncomfortable with the bracelet like look, however there is no comparison, hands down. It also gives you a sense of added comfort, as it is rather difficult to pop it open by mistake.

"I can't listen to that much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland."
A.Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2012, 10:25 PM   #11
negri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hope you have very deep pockets because that bracelet will not be cheap over $2000 I would expect
im not too keen on the super jubillee bracelet and think it would look out of place all shiney and new on my wrist , would take away the character of my watch . the clasp would also do this but not as much as a whole new bracelet

I did see one on here for $975 . https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...hlight=jubilee

though it was the only on i had come across while searching
Old 9 October 2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Mephist
"TRF" Member

I had the same problem as you. To solve it, I purchased a new Datejust with the new clasp. Then changed the dial from my old Datejust to my new and am now about to sell my old Datejust.

The only problem is the AD told me they could not change the hands, only the dial, but I can live with that.
Mephist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2012, 12:18 AM   #13
negri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephist View Post
I had the same problem as you. To solve it, I purchased a new Datejust with the new clasp. Then changed the dial from my old Datejust to my new and am now about to sell my old Datejust.

The only problem is the AD told me they could not change the hands, only the dial, but I can live with that.
Not sure i could trade up as the watch has sentimental value , same goes for the SJ strap . change that and the watch changes . the clasp i could live with changing , just .

though i have seen a SJ strap on here sell for $975 . i did write a post replying earlier but it hasnt shown up yet (moderated)