The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 14 June 2013, 06:31 AM   #1
tomvox1
2024 Pledge Member

FS: Neo-Vintage Cartier Pre-CPCP 18k Tank Louis w/Guilloché Dial & Piguet Mvmnt, #2

Believe it or not, I have another one of these rare birds for sale--I sold this Tank a few years ago and it's come back to me. So if you missed out on the one I just sold, here's your second chance!

Up for sale is this classic Men's Cartier Tank Louis Cartier in solid 18k Yellow Gold with stunning silver guilloché Roman numeral dial. Produced in limited numbers from the mid-1980s until 1998, this watch precedes the now discontinued and dearly loved Collection Privée Cartier Paris (CPCP) line and marked the return of Cartier to using truly high quality movements again after many years in the ETA and quartz wilderness. It features the very slim Cartier caliber 021, which is based on the Frederic Piguet cal. 21P. It comes with a solid 18k gold Ardillon buckle and a brand new genuine red Cartier box, as well as an extra genuine alligator strap. This classic dress watch is in overall Excellent pre-owned condition. Additionally, I had this Tank serviced by my watchmaker in late 2011 and so it will come with a 6-month movement warranty because I am so confident in his work.

This gorgeous and scarce all-gold pre-CPCP Tank Louis would make an excellent addition for the sophisticated gentleman--or the sexy, confident lady--who wants the best quality solid gold classic Cartier Tank in their collection.

The asking price for this fantastic 18k Cartier Tank Louis with 18k buckle is $3250 USD OBRO. This price includes fully insured shipping worldwide. Bank Wire preferred. Paypal is OK on this watch with buyer paying the fees (+3%). Other payment options upon application. Watch will ship upon full clearance of the funds, as well as any necessary bank vetting. Payment must be made in US DOLLARS.

CASE & BACK: This fantastically designed Tank with screwed water resistant case measures 23mm wide (not including crown) x 30mm long, the classic Men's size and as timeless today as when Louis Cartier designed it in back in 1919. The case was lightly buffed at the previous service and has been worn sparingly since. It shows only very light signs of wear and small scratches--Excellent pre-owned condition with no major dings. The back has very crisp Cartier nomenclature and is very clean--likewise Excellent. The gold strap screws are in Very good condition, showing some wear from strap changes, and the case screws are Near Mint, with the top left case screw ever so slightly not quite flush to the case. Also note that the case is delightfully thin because of the slim Piguet movement--at just 5mm to the top of the crystal, this tank is much sleeker and less chunky than your average Vermeil and essentially Ultra-Thin thin!

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely stunning "Lotus" or "Sunburst" pattern guilloché Roman numeral dial with just a hint of vintage patina creeping in around the edges, Near Mint condition. For me, this sort of engine turned dial is much more attractive than the standard white enamel finish of most Tanks. Blued steel epée hands are also Near Mint and of course the "secret" signature at "7" is present.

MOVEMENT: This great Tank Louis features the manual wind Cartier caliber 021, which is based on the Frederic Piguet 21P, in strong running condition. This watch was fully serviced prior to the first sale in late 2011 and so I will still provide a 6-month guarantee for normal, non-abusive use from the time of sale. It's great to own a solid gold Tank with a mechanical movement but it's even better to own one with a truly great movement like this one--it is sure to be appreciated by aficionados of the marque today and in the future.

CROWN: Classic Near Mint Cartier knurled gold, cabochon sapphire-set winding crown fits snugly against the case, winds the movement and pulls out to the time setting position exactly as designed.

CRYSTAL: The slightly domed rectangular sapphire crystal has some minor scratches from wear, Excellent.

BUCKLE: The heavy solid 18k Ardillon buckle is not signed by Cartier but may well be OEM and merely from the era when Cartier was not in the practice of signing their buckles with their own name. Of course, I am happy to be corrected on that matter if I've got it wrong. It is signed "UNROC" (more visible under a loupe than with the naked eye), one of the main suppliers of fancy Swiss watch buckles to high-end brands during the 60s, 70s and early 80s, and also hallmarked "0.750" & "18" for the karat weight of the gold. This very cool retro-style Ardillon buckle is in Very Good cosmetic condition.

STRAP: This great Tank comes on a genuine Cartier black leather strap that is quite well used and in only Very Good to Fair condition. I will also include a nearly new high end 18mm Hadley Roma brown genuine alligator strap with a tang end that will fit the Ardillon buckle.

I make absolutely NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch.

This guaranteed 100% authentic Cartier is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
tomvox1@hotmail.com
tomvox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2013, 07:01 AM   #2
tomvox1
2024 Pledge Member

You better you better you Bump. nt

nt
tomvox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2013, 10:02 AM   #3
tomvox1